This chocolate avocado mousse recipe is incredibly easy to make, silky, and nutritious. It’s the easiest dessert to make in under 5 minutes. Enjoy a low carb chocolate dessert that’s also vegan and dairy-free.
You’ll have to trust me on this; this vegan chocolate mousse doesn’t taste like avocado AT ALL.
Say hello to the perfect summer dairy-free keto dessert; this vegan chocolate pudding with avocado it’s a family favorite. Super decadent and made only with nutritious ingredients.
I love that avocado is a super versatile low carb fruit used in so many sweet or savory recipes. You can make my avocado brownies, a keto avocado toast, or a refreshing detox smoothie. There are plenty of surprisingly delicious avocado recipes.
If you’ve been following my activity on this blog for a while, you know that I love sharing foolproof keto desserts that are tested and super easy to make.
Watch our quick step-by-step video to see how easy it is to make this chocolate avocado mousse recipe!
Why is this the Best Keto Avocado Mousse?
My best low carb chocolate avocado mousse is:
- easy to make in under 5 minutes!!
- dairy-free and vegan
- perfect for making ahead and storing in the fridge to enjoy during the week
- loaded with nutrients and healthy fats
- decadent and creamy without any avocado taste
- only 4g net carbs per delicious serving
I’m sure this keto avocado mousse recipe will become your favorite!
Ingredients for Chocolate Avocado Mousse
The ingredients in this sugar-free avocado mouse are easy to find and super common. You’ll need only 7 ingredients and a food processor to make this keto dessert.
- Ripe avocados – make sure your avocados are ripe; otherwise, allow them to ripen to use in this recipe.
- Dutch cocoa powder – the best cocoa powder that makes this mousse ultra chocolatey.
- Coconut cream – I love using canned coconut cream to make a vegan chocolate avocado mousse, but if you can, use the same amount of heavy cream instead. It makes this low carb avocado mousse extra creamy!
- Powdered sweetener – I used my favorite powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener that has zero aftertaste. You can make powdered sweetener with a clean food processor.
- Vanilla extract – a high-quality vanilla extract is essential to use here!
- Salt – brings out the chocolate taste, so don’t skip it by any means. It won’t make the mousse taste salty; it just boosts the flavor.
- Unsweetened plant-based milk – use it just if the mousse turns out too thick to help the blending process.
PS: We launched a brand new recipe eBook with 25 Incredibly East Keto Dessert recipes that feature the best low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, tested keto dessert recipes. Use my code “ketosummer50” for 50% extra discount!
How to Make Keto Avocado Chocolate Mousse?
Low Carb Keto Avocado Mousse is unbelievably easy to make in just two steps:
- Remove the stone and skin from 2 or 3 ripe avocados.
- Blend the avocado and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and until creamy.
Well, there’s one more step which includes devouring this delicious avocado chocolate heaven.
You can serve it straight from the food processor bowl if you prefer a pudding texture or chill for a few hours to thicken into a rich mousse.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Avocado Mousse
If you prefer a sweeter avocado mousse, add one or two more tablespoons of sweetener. Taste it and adjust the sweetness.
- Use melted sugar-free chocolate instead of cocoa powder for an even more intense chocolate-tasting keto mousse.
- Make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe. Overly ripe avocados taste nasty, and they are not great in this mousse recipe.
- Add a few tablespoons of unsweetened milk if the mousse looks too thick. You can use heavy cream too, if you do not look for a dairy-free avocado chocolate pudding.
- Serve chilled: This mousse tastes incredible as a pudding served just after it’s done mixing, but it’s better if refrigerated for a few hours.
How to Serve
This vegan avocado mousse tastes incredible the way it is, but there are a few additions that can completely change the game. Here are a few low carb ingredients I love to add:
- Coconut flakes
- Unsweetened chocolate chips
- Fresh berries
- Sugar-free whipped coconut Cream
- Roasted almond slivers
Don’t love avocados at all? Try my Keto Chocolate Mousse instead that’s also super-rich and creamy!
Does this Avocado Chocolate Mousse Taste Like Avocado?
Honestly, the earthy flavor of avocado gets completely lost when blended with Dutch cocoa powder and sweetener. Avocado plays an important role, and it makes this mousse super thick, rich, and creamy.
Can I leave out the Salt?
NO. It’s essential to add a pinch of salt to this easy avocado dessert. It brings out the rich cocoa flavor.
How to Store Leftovers
This chocolate avocado mousse is freezer friendly. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for a few months. When ready to eat, allow it to defrost, blend it again, and enjoy it as a substitute for ice cream.
Looking for more Chocolate Desserts? Try these:
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Keto Fudge
- Dark Chocolate Almond Joy Candy Bars
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- The Best Fudgy Keto Brownies
Chocolate Avocado Mousse – 5 Minute Keto Dessert
- Cut the ripe avocados in half and carefully remove the stone. Scoop out the creamy flesh into the bowl of your food processor.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coconut cream, and powdered sweetener.
- Pulse a few times until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the edges and process again.
- Transfer to 4 small serving jars or glasses. Serve with sugar-free whipped cream and fresh berries.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.