These super easy to make keto brownies are super low in carbs, fudgy and have a dense and creamy texture that melts in your mouth. To make the brownies, we use almond flour, chocolate, butter and they are the best low carb dessert ever – only 2g carbs.
Since this chocolate keto brownies recipe was posted it received over 1000 positive reviews on social media and you sent me tons of pictures with this decadent insanely delicious dessert!
It makes me super happy to see that you make my recipes!
Brownies are among my favorite gluten-free desserts! They are chocolatey, moist, fudgy and less than 2g net carbs each. If you’re a brownie lover, I bet you’ll love the low carb cheesecake brownies recipe that’s a delicious combo of fudgy chocolate heaven and a layer of delicious cheesecake batter.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how I make some extremely fudgy and chocolatey low carb brownies
In less than 30 minutes you can make the perfect brownies that are ideal with your cup of keto coffee or your favorite tea.
Would you share them or have them all for yourself?
Ingredients for Keto Brownies
These brownies are not only easy to make but need only 7 ingredients that you may already have in your pantry.
Usually, brownies are made with flour and sugar, so we’ll try to make a lower-carb version while aiming for the best texture and taste.
Gather all the ingredients, preheat the oven and make a batch of my keto brownies. And try not to eat spoonsful of batter! You’ll be surprised to find out that the ingredients we are using are low in carbs and super easy to find.
A few notes on the ingredients:
- Almond Flour – It’s great to use in flourless desserts and I suggest using it in this specific recipe. To get rid of that gritty texture you can either use super-fine almond flour or make sure to sift the almond flour to get rid of the big pieces of almonds.
- Sugar Substitute– You can use Erythritol, Xylitol (no aftertaste), Monk Fruit. I suggest taste test the batter before baking and add more sweetener if needed. To me, the quantity of sweetener recommended brings the perfect sweetness. DO NOT USE STEVIA! IT MAKES THE KETO BROWNIES SUPER BITTER AND COMPROMISE THE TEXTURE!
- High-Quality Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Cocoa it’s a key ingredient here since it will make the brownies very delicious and chocolatey. Cocoa powder also helps with the texture.
- Dark Chocolate – Focus on using high-quality ingredients. That’s how you get the best results. It’s important to use both dark chocolate and cocoa powder for the perfect texture. You can use any dark chocolate that has an 85-99% cocoa percent.
- Butter or Coconut Oil – Don’t be afraid to use all the butter listed in the ingredients because that’s what makes brownies tasty and fudgy. It may seem like a lot but that what it takes to get the perfect texture.
- Eggs, to bind everything up. Make sure to use room temperature eggs so they easily mix with the melted butter.
- An 8×8-inch pan – The batter of this recipe is enough for a pan this size and will make the best thick brownies. If you prefer using a bigger pan, feel free to adjust the ingredients.
Instructions for Keto Brownies
Making these sugar-free brownies is extremely easy and there’s no way to get them wrong. If you follow the instructions accordingly I am pretty sure you enjoy the absolute best keto brownies!
And by following the instructions I mean no ingredients substitutions! Stick with the amount of butter and baking time.
All you have to do to make the perfect keto brownies:
- Melt together the chocolate and the butter.
- In a bowl crack the eggs. Using your mixer, mix them for 1 minute.
- Combine the dry ingredients and then add them along with the chocolate mixture over the eggs, using the mixer.
- Transfer the batter to a pan and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cake slightly cool before slicing.
- For a step-by-step guide on how to make this dessert you can watch the video I created.
If you want to use a different sweetener such as monk fruit or coconut sugar (if paleo), just taste test and adjust it to the desired taste.
The recipe is super low in carbs and tastes divine. It’s the perfect cure for a sweet tooth on the ketogenic diet or any low carb diet.
Delicious Add-in Ingredients
There are a few ways to make the recipe even more chocolatey, crunchy, creamy while keeping it low carb. You can make low carb brownies with walnuts, throw a handful of chocolate chips, or you can also add:
- your favorite crushed nuts (walnuts, macadamia, pecans, almonds, etc)
- fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- peanut butter
What are the macros for the low carb brownies?
A serving has only 1.3g net carbs. Subtract the dietary fiber and sugar alcohols (the sweetener) from the total carb count to get to find out the net carbs.
This keto brownies recipe yields 16 generous servings that also low in carbs and calories.
- Calories: 135 kcal
- Carbs: 2.68 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.36 g
- Net Carbs: 1.32 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 2.27 g
Troubleshooting & Tips
Over time I’ve got plenty of questions and here are the answers that hopefully will solve any mystery!
It’s important to allow these brownies some extra time to slightly cool down before slicing. Using a warm knife helps for an easier and perfect cut with minimal crums.
Can you replace almond flour with coconut flour?
For this recipe and the sake of great texture, I don’t recommend using coconut flour. Coconut flour absorbs liquid very quickly and you may end up with dry brownies. However, I’ve got another great brownie recipe with coconut flour for you.
Why are my Brownies So Salty?
If your brownies end up salty is because you used salted butter. I recommend using unsalted butter because it will overpower the rest of the ingredients and make it incredibly salty.
What’s the best way to store?
Store fudgy brownies for up to one week in the refrigerator. Reheat the brownies into the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
You can also freeze the brownies and eat when craving a chocolatey dessert. Frozen brownies can be stored for up to 6 months. Just thaw them before serving!
Other Chocolate Desserts You’ll Love
- Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Avocado Brownies Recipe
- Keto Lava Cake – Low Carb Molten Mug Cake with only 4g Carbs
The Best Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line with parchment paper an 8×8-inch baking pan covering the bottom and the sides.
- In a bowl mix the butter and the dark chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds or let the mixture melt on a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder.
- In a big bowl beat the crack the eggs and beat them with the mixer.
- Add the butter and chocolate mixture and continue mixing.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, until you get brownies batter consistency.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Depending on the oven you have the baking time may vary. You’ll want to check the brownies from minute 15 to make sure you aren’t overbaking them. The center has to be slightly moist when touching.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies chill for about 10 minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut your brownies into 16 pieces and devour!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.