With a soft texture and loaded with delicious holiday flavor, these copycat keto cranberry bliss bars taste exactly like the ones you find at Starbucks but with fewer carbs. They’re not only low in carbs but also deliciously moist, making them a favorite for the festive season.
Learn how to make the best gluten-free cranberry bliss bars if you are looking for a delightful treat to surprise your family on Thanksgiving day and not only.
Just think about some moist and tender bars loaded with orange zest and dried cranberries topped with a delicious sugar-free frosting and drizzle of white chocolate; all this is served in the morning with a cup of hot chocolate or keto peppermint mocha. Sound perfect, right?
Healthy and low-carb, this homemade cranberry bliss bars recipe is one of the easiest keto dessert recipes you will ever try. With only 10 minutes of prep and made using a few simple ingredients, these gluten-free cranberry bliss bars will become your favorite sweet treat recipe.
What Are Cranberry Bliss Bars?
Cranberry bliss bars are a popular Starbucks treat consisting of a layer of blondie loaded with dried cranberries, then topped with cream cheese frosting, orange zest, and cranberries.
Are Cranberry Bliss Bars Keto-Friendly?
The original cranberry bliss bars are not keto since they are made using ingredients too high in carbs for a keto diet.
However, this keto cranberry bliss bars recipe is made using almond flour and other naturally low-carb ingredients yet has the same texture and flavor as those from Starbucks but with less carbs and sugars.
Why Choose This Recipe?
- It tastes remarkably similar to the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars.
- Perfect for keto-dieters with only 8g net carbs per serving.
- Made from natural, gluten-free ingredients.
- Ideal for Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all winter festivities.
Ingredients For Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars
This recipe is made from ingredients that I’m sure you probably have most of them in your pantry! Here is a list of all the ingredients you need to create these healthy cranberry bliss bars:
For The Bars
- Butter – use unsalted butter. You can also replace it with the same amount of coconut oil.
- Brown Sweetener Replacement – feel free to use a brown sugar alternative such as Lakanto Golden or Sukrin gold. You can also use granulated erythritol or monk fruit to sweeten these bars.
- Eggs – use large eggs at room temperature to avoid any eggy flavor.
- Ground Ginger – you can skip it if you are not a fan of ginger in baked sweets.
- Almond Flour – use superfine blanched almond flour for the best texture.
- Gelatin Powder
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality you can find for an intense flavor.
- Baking Powder – helps the cranberry bliss bars rise and become fluffy.
- Dried Cranberries – use unsweetened cranberries to reduce the carbs amount.
- Orange Zest – completes perfectly with the cranberries.
- White Chocolate Chips – use sugar-free white chocolate chips.
- Salt – used to bring out and balance all the flavors.
For The Frosting
- Cream Cheese – use room-temperature cream cheese to avoid creating any lumps.
- Sweetener – use powdered sweetener to combine well.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract.
- Almond Milk – helps to thin the frosting.
- White Chocolate – you’ll need sugar-free white chocolate.
- Coconut Oil – you can also replace it with cocoa butter.
Creating the Perfect Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars
Preheating The Oven
Before diving into the mixing, start by preheating your oven to 350F or 180C. It’s crucial to get the oven to the right temperature to ensure even baking. As the oven warms up, line your baking sheet with parchment paper, a little trick to ensure that the bars lift off effortlessly after baking.
Mixing Up the Batter
Grab a large bowl and beat using an electric the softened butter and sweetener. Give it a good mix until it’s all smooth and creamy.
Once you’ve reached that creamy consistency, blend in the egg and vanilla extract. Gradually fold in the almond flour, ginger, gelatin, baking powder, orange zest, and salt. Continue to mix until everything is well-integrated and a cohesive batter forms.
It’s Baking Time!
Transfer the batter to your prepared baking sheet, spreading it evenly. Bake in your preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until you notice the edges turning a golden brown hue.
Preparing the Frosting
While your bars cool, it’s frosting time. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract, mixing until you have a creamy frosting that’s ready to charm.
Topping and Garnishing
With your bars sufficiently cooled, generously spread the cream cheese frosting over the top. For added flair and flavor, sprinkle with sugar-free dried cranberries.
To elevate it even further, combine the white chocolate and coconut oil and melt them together.
Drizzle this over your bars for a luxurious finish. Let everything set for around 10 minutes, then it’s time to indulge.
Tips and Variations
- Feel free to add chopped nuts over the cream cheese frosting for a crunchy texture.
- You can replace the vanilla extract with orange extract for a holiday flavor.
- Ensure that you don’t over-mix the batter for these bars! Otherwise, they will become tough and crumbly.
- Fridge: You can store these sugar-free cranberry bliss bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: These homemade cranberry bliss bars are also freezer-friendly. Wrap them in foil, then store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Cranberry Bliss Bars With Coconut Flour?
No, I don’t recommend using coconut flour because it will change the whole texture of the bars. However, hazelnut or pecan flour would be a great replacement if you’re allergic to almonds.
Are Cranberries Keto-Friendly?
Cranberries are great for a ketogenic diet since, according to the USDA website, 1 cup of dried cranberries contains only 8g net carbs.
Do These Gluten-Free Cranberry Bliss Bars Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, I recommend storing these cranberry bliss bars in the fridge since they are topped with cream cheese frosting.
More Cranberry Desserts
- Keto Cranberry Biscotti
- Keto Cranberry Bread with Sugar-Free Glaze
- The Best Ever Keto Cranberry Sauce
Copycat Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars
For The Bars
For The Frosting
Make The Bars Batter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 9×9-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and sweetener for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix for 1 more minute.
- Mix in the almond flour, ginger, gelatin, baking powder, orange zest, and salt until everything is well combined.
Bake The Bars
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown at the edges. Don't overbake or the bars will be crumbly and dry.
Make The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add the cream cheese and sweetener to a bowl and mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the almond milk and vanilla and mix until you obtain a creamy and smooth frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled bars in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the bars with the chopped, sugar-free dried cranberries.
- Add the white chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars and let set for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.