These keto cranberry biscotti with bites of pecans are incredibly crispy and loaded with orange flavors. Enjoy gluten-free almond flour biscotti with your cup of hot coffee.
I want to share with you these gluten-free cranberry biscotti that are easy to make and perfect for holiday gifts or cookie trays, perfect with your coffee or tea in the morning.
If you are looking for a gluten-free sweet treat perfect for Christmas, then you need to try this recipe. Loaded with delicious holiday flavors, these easy cranberry biscotti can be customized with your favorite add-ins and will be loved by everyone.
If you are a fan of baking tons of cookies around the holidays and love this recipe, then I am sure that you will also love all our keto cookie recipes.
- What Are Biscotti?
- Are Biscotti Keto-Friendly?
- Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Biscotti Recipe
- Ingredients For Keto Cranberry Biscotti
- For The Almond Flour Biscotti
- How To Make Cranberry Biscotti
- Tips For Making The Best Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
- Recipe Variations
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Keto Cookies
- Keto Cranberry Biscotti
What Are Biscotti?
Biscotti are double-baked Italian cookies, crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside. They are some of the most famous Italian biscuits in the world and can be found in different forms in other countries as well.
Biscotti are usually baked twice to make them ultra-crunchy and sometimes dipped in melted chocolate.
Are Biscotti Keto-Friendly?
Unfortunately, classic Italian biscotti made with white flour and sugar are not keto-friendly because they are loaded with carbs.
But, you can still enjoy the classic biscotti flavors by using this recipe since we switched up some ingredients to create a keto almond flour biscotti recipe.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Biscotti Recipe
- Super easy to make with just 10 minutes of prep.
- Versatile – You can add your favorite nuts or dried fruits.
- It’s a gluten-free, sugar-free, keto, and low-carb recipe.
- Perfect for a delicious keto Christmas Cookie Platter
- Taste like a regular Italian Biscotti recipe.
Ingredients For Keto Cranberry Biscotti
To create these easy cranberry biscotti, you will need only a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Almond Flour Biscotti
- Almond Flour – is one of the best low-carb flour substitutes for keto-baked sweets. Choose a superfine blanched almond flour for the best texture.
- Baking Powder – helps the biscotti rinse.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sugar substitute sweetener such as Erythritol, Swerve, or Monk Fruit.
- Xanthan Gum – helps the biscotti to hold their shape.
- Orange Extract- adds a boost of flavor. You can also add orange zest.
- Butter – for an extra buttery taste. Use unsalted butter or replace it with coconut oil for dairy-free biscotti.
- Egg – you will need one large room-temperature egg.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract for an intense flavor.
- Pecans – use finely chopped pecans or replace them with walnuts.
- Dried Cranberries – you will need sugar-free dried cranberries.
For The Chocolate Dip
- Dark Chocolate – use unsweetened dark chocolate.
- Coconut Oil – you can also replace it with cocoa butter.
How To Make Cranberry Biscotti
Making these cranberry biscotti is super easy. First, you’ll need only one large bowl to make the cookie dough. Then, follow the next instructions to make the best sugar-free cranberry biscotti that you have ever tried:
Preheat the Oven
Start by preheating your oven at 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make The Biscotti Dough
Add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and mix until frothy.
Then add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Finally, fold in the chopped pecans and dried cranberries.
Shape the dough
Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Shape the dough into a long (10 inches) log.
Bake the Log
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is firm and lightly brown on top.
Remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250F.
Cut the log into 15 slices and place them on the baking sheet.
Bake the Biscotti
Bake the biscotti for another 20 minutes, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Meantime add the chocolate and coconut to a boil and microwave them until melted. Dip each biscotti in half the melted chocolate and let them on a cooling rack until the chocolate hardens.
Dip the Biscotti
To decorate almond flour biscotti, dip them into melted dark chocolate. You’ll need about 3 ounces of sugar-free chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Tips For Making The Best Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
- Before adding the cranberries and pecans, make sure that you chop them finely, so you can slice the biscotti easily with a sharp serrated knife.
- Allow the biscotti completely cool out before removing them from the baking sheet. Almond flour biscotti are usually more fragile the regular Italian Biscotti.
- Add one tbsp of coconut flour if the dough seems too moist.
- Don’t overbake your cookies because they will become too dry.
- Add some chocolate chips to the batter.
- You can replace the orange zest with lemon zest.
- Add one tsp of cinnamon powder and ground cloves for a more Christmas flavor.
- Make chocolate biscotti cookies by adding 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the dough.
- Room Temperature – you can store these gluten-free biscotti in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – these keto biscotti cookies are also freezer-friendly. After completely cooling, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Biscotti Without Pecans?
Of course, for example, you can make biscotti with almonds or choose other nuts or hazelnuts. You can make them with raisins, cranberries, or dried or candied fruit. It depends on your preferences or what you already have in the kitchen.
Are Biscotti Hard Cookies?
Yes, since they were baked twice, biscotti tend to be hard and crisp on the outside but soft and buttery on the inside. That’s the way they are perfect for dipping in a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Can I Make Dairy-Free Biscotti?
Sure, to do that, you must replace the butter with the same amount of melted coconut oil.
More Keto Cookies
I love baking tons of keto cookies, and these are my favorite Christmas recipes that are super easy to make:
- Easy Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Cookies
- Keto Crinkle Cookies – Low Carb Christmas Cookies
- Foolproof Keto Sugar Cookies – 1g net carbs
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – Only 2g carbs
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cookies (Keto & Low Carb)
Keto Cranberry Biscotti
- 2 cups almond flour superfine, blanched
- 1/3 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries optional
- For The Chocolate Dip:
- 3 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and orange extract to a large mixing bowl and mix for 2 minutes until frothy.
- Add the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, xanthan gum, and orange zest. Mix until well combined.
- Chop the cranberries and pecans, and fold them into the biscotti dough.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and shape it into a 1″x 10″ rectangle. Bake it for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250F.
- Cut the log into 16 slices and place them cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake the biscotti cookies for 20 minutes, flipping halfway or until crispy.
- Remove them from the oven and cool them on a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Dip each biscotti in the melted chocolate and refrigerate to harden. Store biscotti in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: