These keto cranberry biscotti with bites of pecans are incredibly crispy and loaded with orange flavors. Enjoy gluten-free almond flour biscotti with your cup of hot coffee.
I want to share with you these gluten-free cranberry biscotti that are easy to make and perfect for holiday gifts or cookie trays, perfect with your coffee or tea in the morning.
If you are looking for a gluten-free keto dessert perfect for Christmas, then you need to try this recipe. Loaded with delicious holiday flavors, these easy cranberry biscotti can be customized with your favorite add-ins and will be loved by everyone.
If you are a fan of baking tons of delicious cranberry desserts around the holidays, I’m sure you’ll love this keto cranberry upside-down cake, these keto cranberry bliss bars, or this keto cranberry bread.
What Are Biscotti?
Biscotti are double-baked Italian cookies, crispy on the outside and slightly soft on the inside. They are some of the most famous Italian biscuits in the world and can be found in different forms in other countries as well.
Biscotti are usually baked twice to make them ultra-crunchy and sometimes dipped in melted chocolate.
Are Biscotti Keto-Friendly?
Unfortunately, classic Italian biscotti made with white flour and sugar are not keto-friendly because they are loaded with carbs.
But, you can still enjoy the classic biscotti flavors by using this recipe since we switched up some ingredients to create a keto almond flour biscotti recipe.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Biscotti Recipe
- Quick & Simple: Just 10 minutes of prep!
- Versatile – You can add your favorite nuts or dried fruits.
- Gluten-free, sugar-free, keto, and low-carb!
- Perfect for a delicious keto Christmas Cookie Platter
- It tastes like a regular Italian Biscotti recipe.
To make these easy cranberry biscotti, you will need only a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Almond Flour Biscotti
- Almond Flour – is one of the best low-carb flour substitutes for keto-baked sweets. Choose a superfine blanched almond flour for the best texture.
- Baking Powder – helps the biscotti rinse.
- Sweetener – use your favorite sugar substitute sweetener such as Erythritol, Swerve, or Monk Fruit.
- Xanthan Gum – helps the biscotti to hold their shape.
- Orange Extract- adds a boost of flavor. You can also add orange zest.
- Butter – for an extra buttery taste. Use unsalted butter or replace it with coconut oil for dairy-free biscotti.
- Egg – you will need one large room-temperature egg.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract for an intense flavor.
- Pecans – use finely chopped pecans or replace them with walnuts.
- Dried Cranberries – you will need sugar-free dried cranberries.
For The Chocolate Dip
- Dark Chocolate – use unsweetened dark chocolate.
- Coconut Oil – you can also replace it with cocoa butter.
How To Make Cranberry Biscotti
Making these cranberry biscotti is super easy. First, you’ll need only one large bowl to make the cookie dough. Then, follow the next instructions to make the best sugar-free cranberry biscotti that you have ever tried:
Start by preheating your oven at 350F/180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make The Biscotti Dough
In a large bowl, blend almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, xanthan gum, and aromatic orange zest.
Gradually add the egg, melted butter, vanilla, and orange extracts to your mix. Blend until it achieves a smooth consistency.
Fold in your chopped cranberries and pecans. This adds bite and an extra layer of flavor to your biscotti.
Shape the dough
On your baking sheet, mold your dough into a rectangle measuring roughly 1″x 10″. This ensures even thickness and baking.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is firm and lightly brown on top.
Remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250F.
Cut the log into 15 slices and arrange them cut-side down on your baking sheet.
Bake the Biscotti
Bake the biscotti for another 20 minutes, remove them from the oven, and let them cool on a cooling rack.
Melt your dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
Dip each biscotti into this chocolate mix, and then refrigerate. This allows the chocolate to form a firm, glossy coat.
Tips For Making The Best Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
- Before mixing in those cranberries and pecans, give them a fine chop. This not only ensures every bite is packed with flavor but also makes slicing your biscotti a breeze. And always remember, a sharp, serrated knife is your best friend here!
- Let those biscottis chill out and completely cool on the baking sheet. Trust me, it’s worth the wait. With almond flour, they tend to be a tad more delicate than your traditional Italian Biscotti. Give them their time, and they’ll reward you with perfection!
- Got Moist Dough? No Problem! If your dough is too moist, just sprinkle in a tablespoon of coconut flour. It’ll soak up the excess moisture and keep your biscottis on point.
- Golden Rule – Don’t Overbake: If you overbake, they might turn out a bit too dry. Keep an eye on them, and your taste buds will thank you!
- Chocolate Chip Delight: Simply stir in some sugar-free chocolate chips into the batter for that extra chocolatey goodness.
- Lemon-Poppy Seed: Replace orange extract and zest with lemon. Add 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds for that classic flavor combo.
- Choco-Mint: Add some peppermint extract to the dough and use mint chocolate for the dip. Maybe sprinkle some crushed sugar-free peppermint candy on top while the chocolate is still wet.
- White Chocolate Raspberry: Swap out the cranberries for freeze-dried raspberries and use sugar-free white chocolate for the dip.
- Cinnamon-Walnut: Add a generous teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the dough and swap out pecans for walnuts.
- Chai Spice: Add a blend of ground cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and a pinch of cloves for a biscotti that tastes like your favorite spiced chai latte.
- Room Temperature – you can store these gluten-free biscotti in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – these keto biscotti cookies are also freezer-friendly. After completely cooling, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Biscotti Without Pecans?
Of course, for example, you can make biscotti with almonds or choose other nuts or hazelnuts. You can make them with raisins, cranberries, or dried or candied fruit. It depends on your preferences or what you already have in the kitchen.
Are Biscotti Hard Cookies?
Yes, since they were baked twice, biscotti tend to be hard and crisp on the outside but soft and buttery on the inside. That’s the way they are perfect for dipping in a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Can I Make Dairy-Free Biscotti?
Sure, to do that, you must replace the butter with the same amount of melted coconut oil.
More Keto Cookies
I love baking tons of keto cookies, and these are my favorite Christmas recipes that are super easy to make:
- Easy Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Cookies
- Keto Crinkle Cookies – Low Carb Christmas Cookies
- Foolproof Keto Sugar Cookies – 1g net carbs
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – Only 2g carbs
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Flour Cookies (Keto & Low Carb)
Keto Cranberry Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, xanthan gum, and orange zest.2 cups almond flour, 1/3 cup sweetener, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 1 tsp orange zest
- Add the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and orange extract and mix until a smooth dough starts to form.1 large egg, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1 tsp orange extract
- Chop the cranberries and pecans, and fold them into the biscotti dough.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet and shape it into a 1"x 10″ rectangle. Bake it for 25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove it from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250°F (120°C).
- Cut the log into 16 slices and place them cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- For that signature crisp, bake your slices for 20 minutes, flipping them at the midway point. Once done, transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Dip each biscotti in the melted chocolate and refrigerate to harden. Store biscotti in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: