Creamy and Cheesy Broccoli with Bacon is that one-pan meal that is devoured by the whole family. This recipe is infused with garlic and parmesan, a delicious keto side dish and extremely low in carbs. You’ll instantly fall in love with this Garlic Parmesan Broccoli.
This one-pan meal will make any non-vegetable fan and picky eaters love their vegetables.
What’s not to love about bacon and cheese loaded crunchy broccoli? I love to make this meal because it contains all my favorite ingredients, and it’s a fantastic comfort meal. It’s the best broccoli recipe!
Watch this easy step-by-step video to see exactly how I make this delicious, quick meal.
Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Ingredients
I know it’s obvious what ingredient we need in this recipe. As repetition is the mother of all learning, in this case, all of this broccoli deliciousness contains tons of cheese, cream, butter, and broccoli.
You can adjust the ingredients or swap with what convenient for you:
- Cheese: Shredded Mozzarella and Parmesan – Sharp Cheddar cheese is also a good idea and it will give a boost of flavor.
- Broccoli: Fresh or Frozen will work for this recipe. If using frozen veggies just allow them to slightly thaw before making this recipe.
- Garlic & Onion – Always add flavor to the cheese sauces.
- Heavy Cream – To wrap all the sauce up and make it extra creamy!
Creamy and Cheesy Parmesan Broccoli with Bacon
This bomb combo of cream, garlic, parmesan, and mozzarella make everything taste good. Combine common ingredients to make any veggies tasty.
Trust me, you can sub the broccoli for Brussel sprouts or cauliflower, and those will taste out of this world! Believe me; I don’t enjoy Brussel sprouts at all.
Enjoy a thick creamy sauce over tender-crisp broccoli!
Using heavy cream, mozzarella and parmesan naturally thicken this sauce without added carbs. If you still think it needs to be richer use xanthan gum.
When it comes to cheese, feel free to use any of your favorites. As long as it’s shredded and you like it, use Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, Gruyere, Gouda, and even Pepper Jack.
Sometimes I gather all the leftover cheeses in my fridge and use to make this cheesy garlic sauce: Goodbye food waste, hello heavenly cheesy broccoli.
How to Make Cheese Parmesan Broccoli with Bacon
We begin by frying the bacon in a pan and once that’s done proceeding to cooking the onion until fragrant.
It’s time to add the broccoli florets and saute for a few minutes, just until they start to change the color. Season well and stir in the garlic.
Pour the heavy cream and let the broccoli infuse with all the flavors. Sprinkle the bacon bits, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella. Cover with a lid with all the cheese gets melty.
Alternatively, you can use a cast iron pan and broil for a few minutes until the mozzarella is bubbly and melted. Sounds heavenly!
That’s it! Serve it as a meal or a side dish along with some grilled protein.
- Chop broccoli into even pieces, so it cooks uniformly.
- Avoid using a high temperature when adding the cream or cheese as it can separate and curdle. You can use a touch of acidic ingredients such as wine to prevent this from happening.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Oven Roasted Healthy Chicken and Vegetables
20 Minute Creamy and Cheesy Broccoli with Bacon
- 1 cup bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 200 ml
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ tsp sea salt to taste
- ½ freshly crushed pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a large pan over medium-high heat fry the chopped bacon for about 2-3 minutes, until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb some of the bacon fat.
- Remove most of the bacon fat and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Transfer the broccoli into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and sauté constantly stirring for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli starts to change its color.
- Add the garlic in the pan with broccoli and sautee for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thickens.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon and stir well. Add the parmesan cheese and mozzarella on top. Put a lid on and let the cheese melt for about 2-3 minutes for crisp broccoli or more for a softer broccoli texture. You can also Broil until cheese golden and completely melted.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and serve!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: