Creamy Broccoli with Bacon is that one-pan side dish that is devoured by the whole family and pairs perfectly with tons of main courses. This broccoli recipe is infused with garlic and parmesan, and it’s super quick to make. You’ll instantly fall in love with this Garlic Parmesan Broccoli.
This one-pan meal will make any non-vegetable fan and picky eaters love their vegetables.
What’s not to love about pan-fried broccoli, bacon, and cheese? I love to make this meal because it contains all my favorite ingredients, and it’s a fantastic comfort meal. It’s the best broccoli recipe!
Watch this easy step-by-step video to see exactly how I make this delicious, quick meal.
Creamy and Cheesy Parmesan Broccoli with Bacon
This bomb combo of cream, garlic, parmesan, and mozzarella makes everything taste good. Combine common ingredients to make any veggies tasty.
You can substitute the broccoli for Brussels sprouts or cauliflower, which will taste out of this world! Believe me; I don’t enjoy Brussel sprouts at all.
Enjoy a thick creamy sauce over tender-crisp broccoli!
Using heavy cream, mozzarella and parmesan, naturally thicken this sauce without added carbs.
If you still think it needs to be richer, use xanthan gum.
When it comes to cheese, feel free to use any of your favorites. As long as it’s shredded and you like it, use Sharp Cheddar, Provolone, Gruyere, Gouda, and even Pepper Jack.
Sometimes I gather all the leftover cheeses in my fridge and use them to make this cheesy garlic sauce: Goodbye food waste, hello heavenly cheesy broccoli.
Cheesy Bacon Broccoli Ingredients
I know it’s obvious what ingredient we need in this recipe. As repetition is the mother of all learning, in this case, all of this broccoli deliciousness contains tons of cheese, cream, butter, and broccoli.
You can adjust the ingredients or swap with what is convenient for you:
- Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella and parmesan but sharp cheddar cheese is also a good idea, and it will add a boost of flavor.
- Broccoli: Fresh or Frozen will work for this recipe. If using frozen veggies, allow them to thaw slightly before making this recipe.
- Garlic & Onion – Always add flavor to the cheese sauces.
- Heavy Cream – To wrap all the sauce up and make it extra creamy!
How to Make Cheese Parmesan Broccoli with Bacon
We begin by frying the bacon in a pan, and once that’s done proceed to cook the onion until fragrant.
It’s time to add the broccoli florets and saute for a few minutes, just until they start to change the color. Season well and stir in the garlic.
Pour the heavy cream and let the broccoli infuse with all the flavors. Sprinkle the bacon bits, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella. Cover with a lid with all the cheese gets melty.
Alternatively, you can use a cast iron pan and broil for a few minutes until the mozzarella is bubbly and melted. Sounds heavenly!
That’s it! Serve it as a meal or a side dish, along with some grilled protein.
- Chop broccoli into even pieces so it cooks uniformly.
- Avoid high temperatures when adding the cream or cheese as it can separate and curdle. You can use a touch of acidic ingredients, such as wine, to prevent this from happening.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
While I love using fresh broccoli, frozen broccoli also has great flavor, but it turns out slightly soft. However, to make this recipe using frozen broccoli, just thaw it completely. Try to remove as much moisture as possible using paper towels. The extra water can thin down the sauce and it may be less creamy and delicious.
What to Serve with This Creamy Broccoli?
This creamy broccoli is an amazing side dish that pairs perfectly with so many main meals. Serve it with your favorite protein and enjoy a complete meal.
- Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Easy Pan Seared Chicken Breast Recipe
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
Other Side Dish Recipes You Might Like
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms – 15 Minute Side Dish
- Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Quick Oven Roasted Vegetables
- The Best Loaded Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon
20 Minute Creamy Broccoli with Bacon
- 1 cup bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream 200 ml
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ tsp sea salt to taste
- ½ freshly crushed pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a large pan over medium-high heat fry the chopped bacon for about 2-3 minutes, until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb some of the bacon fat.
- Remove most of the bacon fat and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Transfer the broccoli into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and sauté constantly stirring for 2-3 minutes until the broccoli starts to change its color.
- Add the garlic in the pan with broccoli and sautee for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thickens.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon and stir well. Add the parmesan cheese and mozzarella on top. Put a lid on and let the cheese melt for about 2-3 minutes for crisp broccoli or more for a softer broccoli texture. You can also Broil until cheese golden and completely melted.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley and serve!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: