This Loaded Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon is my favorite comfort food and the creamiest casserole in the world. Whether making it for a weeknight dinner or holidays, it’s the best way to get everyone to enjoy vegetables. Enjoy a delicious, irresistible, extremely easy-to-make cauliflower keto casserole that’s super low in carbs.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is one of my favorite side dishes for Thanksgiving, and it’s loved by my entire family (even the kids eat it).
What’s not to love? This recipe has tons of cheddar cheese, cream, and bacon. Super creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole!
- Watch the video below to see how easy is to make this loaded cauliflower bake!
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ingredients for Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- How To Make This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Tips For Making The Best Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Feel free To Add Your Favorite Ingredients
- Remove Any Moisture From The Steamed Cauliflower
- Add Some Veggies
- Don’t Over Cook The Cauliflower Casserole
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Cauliflower Good For A Keto Diet?
- Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- More Cauliflower Recipes
- The Best Loaded Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon
Watch the video below to see how easy is to make this loaded cauliflower bake!
Casseroles are great for meal prep and keep me on track even on the busiest days of the week. So if you love them as much as we do, you must try our breakfast veggie-loaded casserole, chicken bacon ranch casserole, million-dollar chicken casserole, and keto cheeseburger casserole. Trust me when I tell you that they are a game-changer!
Naturally gluten-free, you’ll love this Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon even if cauliflower it’s not your favorite vegetable. It’s super indulgent and filled with all the good stuff: cheddar, bacon, cream, and green onion.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s a family-friendly recipe that everyone loves
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Ready in less than 35 minutes.
- Made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
- It’s a customizable recipe. You can add your favorite veggies or cheese.
Ingredients for Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
To make this fantastic cauliflower casserole, you’ll need a few ingredients that are very low in carbs and super easy to find at almost any store. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cauliflower – I like to use a fresh one for this recipe, but frozen ones are also great.
- Cheddar cheese – replace it with your favorite cheese like mozzarella or parmesan.
- Butter – you can either use salted or unsalted butter.
- Garlic Cloves – you can replace them with a teaspoon of garlic powder. But I recommend using a fresh one for a more intense flavor.
- Cream Cheese – Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature before stirring.
- Heavy Cream – adds that creaminess to the sauce.
- Bacon – you can omit the bacon, but believe me, it will give an excellent taste and texture.
- Green Onion – this is optional but works great with this recipe.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Once you have all the ingredients ready, you have to steam the cauliflower florets, make the fabulous low-carb garlic-infused cheesy sauce, and combine them into a casserole dish. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, and it’s ready to serve. Easy right? Below you will find the steps that will help you to create this delicious recipe:
- Start by preheating the oven and cooking the bacon until crispy.
- Make the cheesy sauce. Add the butter to a non-stick pan and cook the minced garlic until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and water and bring everything to a boil.
- Now you can add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir until well combined.
- Add all the steamed cauliflower florets into a casserole dish and pour the cheesy sauce, ensuring all the florets are covered.
- Top with green onions and bacon and stir until all the ingredients are mixed well and covered with sauce.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot!
Tips For Making The Best Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
Feel free To Add Your Favorite Ingredients
You can add some shredded chicken or chorizo to the casserole for extra flavor and texture.
Remove Any Moisture From The Steamed Cauliflower
Drain the liquid from the cauliflower and return it to the hot pot for a few minutes after steaming. This helps in removing extra moisture and preventing the dish from becoming soupy.
Add Some Veggies
Feel free to add your favorite veggie to the casserole. Bell peppers and broccoli will pair great with this recipe.
Don’t Over Cook The Cauliflower Casserole
Make sure you don’t overbake the cauliflower casserole because you will end up with a dry one, and the cauliflower florets become mushy.
- Fridge: Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and store them for 5 days.
- Freezer: You can also freeze the leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month.
To reheat, place the leftovers in the oven or microwave for 5 minutes and reheat them until warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cauliflower Good For A Keto Diet?
Cauliflower is a non-starchy cruciferous vegetable perfect for eating on a ketogenic diet. One cup of chopped Cauliflower has 5g net carbs, 2.1g fiber, and only 2.9g net carbs.
You can find a few interesting cauliflower recipes perfect for a low-carb and keto diet: cauliflower rice or creamy Cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this loaded cauliflower bake with cheddar and bacon ahead. Prepare all the ingredients and assemble the casserole ahead of time.
Then you have a few options:
- Wrap well with plastic foil and freeze for a few months until you are ready to enjoy it.
- Or you can bake it and let it cool completely, then store it wrapped in the freezer for up to one month.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
- Super Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- The Best Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
The Best Loaded Cauliflower Bake with Cheddar and Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside on paper towels.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt the butter. Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and water and bring to a boil.
- Incorporate the cream cheese and continue stirring.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese into the cream cheese mixture and stir until completely melted.
- Season the cheese sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower into a 9X13-inch casserole dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower. Add the green onion and chopped bacon.
- Stir all the ingredients until the sauce is well distributed — top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
Good morning Ioana,
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, I made it exactly as directed and it was absolutely delicious!
So delicious! I think it’s a bit too fatty though so I use two Cauliflowers instead of one. Otherwise its a great recipe my husband is a big fan. Especially when I add some extra bacon. Thank you!
For the bacon loaded cauliflower casserole can you use frozen cauliflower, if yes please give directions for frozen cauliflower
If you want to use frozen cauliflower, allow it to thaw completely, then follow the same steps. I hope this helps!