Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders that are not fried and zero breading is the best recipe for the whole family. It’s a wonderfully juicy air fryer baked chicken tenders recipe coated with a delicious chicken seasoning and cooked to perfection.
It’s super simple, quick, and incredibly delicious to cook chicken tenders from scratch using just a few seasonings. I love making a homemade seasoning blend that’s perfect for chicken, and it’s super flavorful that your chicken won’t need breading.
This is great for anyone on a keto, low-carb, or paleo diet. If you are new to air frying, you can find all my air fryer recipes here.
An insanely easy chicken recipe made in the air fryer that’s a reader favorite alongside Air Fryer Whole Chicken, Chicken Wings with Buffalo sauce, baked crispy chicken thighs, or my juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken. You’re going to adore it.
The air fryer has become my best friend over the past few months, mainly because it cooks food so fast.
This quick recipe keeps the chicken tender and loaded with flavor. It’s the best way to prepare chicken tenders with no breading for a quick weeknight dinner to use in salads or sandwiches during the week.
- VIDEO: AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS IN AIR FRYER
- Why is This Recipe The Best
- Ingredients for Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
- Best Temperature For Cooking Chicken Tenderloins in an Air Fryer
- How Long to Cook Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer?
- Can I Use Chicken Breast in this Recipe?
- How Long Does It Take to Cook Frozen Chicken Tenderloins in An Air Fryer?
- Tips for Making The Best Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders:
- How To Serve Chicken Tenders
- More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Enjoy
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
VIDEO: AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS IN AIR FRYER
Why is This Recipe The Best
- Only 3 ingredients are needed.
- The chicken is super juicy and flavorful.
- Perfect for Meal Planning – Can be made ahead, stored, and used throughout the week into salads.
- Cooks super fast in less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
These naked chicken tenders are so easy to make. All you have to do is season them with my favorite chicken seasoning and cook in the air fryer. It takes less than 15 minutes.
- chicken tenderloins– also called chicken tenders, can be replaced with chicken breast strips. To use frozen chicken tenders allow them to defrost before air frying.
- chicken seasoning– just a quick and easy seasoning mix I love to make and have on hand every time I cook chicken.
- olive oil– used to help the seasonings stick to the chicken tenderloins.
If you don’t have chicken seasoning use:
- 1 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Another great thing is that you can use your favorite spices and herbs to make this air fryer chicken recipe even better.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
This is definitely one of those incredibly easy to make recipes that’s super flavorful and versatile.
One thing to keep in mind when making it is not to overcook the chicken tenderloins. They cook super fast and can be prepped ahead of time.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven or pan-fry in a lightly greased pan over medium heat.
All you have to do is to season the chicken and bake it for about 10 minutes.
Best Temperature For Cooking Chicken Tenderloins in an Air Fryer
Raw Chicken can be easily cooked in an Air Fryer at the right temperature. The key to cooking lean meat like chicken breast or chicken tenderloin is to preheat the Air Fryer to 400F. This temperature is perfect to keep the chicken moist on the inside but hot enough to
How Long to Cook Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer?
Chicken tenders need about 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer, but you have to flip them on the other side after 5 minutes. The chicken pieces should look perfectly crispy and golden on the outside but still juicy on the inside.
Use a meat thermometer to and check if the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. If not, continue cooking for a a few more minutes until ready.
Can I Use Chicken Breast in this Recipe?
Of course, you can use chicken breast in this recipe; just cut your chicken breast into 3-4 strips on the long side to turn them.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Frozen Chicken Tenderloins in An Air Fryer?
If you want to cook frozen chicken tenders in an Air Fryer, here’s how:
- Allow to defrost overnight completely, and cook as directed in the recipe card below.
- Increase the cooking time for frozen chicken tenders by about 5 minutes. Air Fry frozen chicken at 380F/ 195C for 15 minutes.
Tips for Making The Best Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders:
- Make sure to preheat your air fryer. If your Air Fryer doesn’t have this function, let it preheat empty for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket after it is heated, so you’re your meat doesn’t stick.
- The tenders are completely cooked when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165F. I recommend using an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness.
How To Serve Chicken Tenders
Try serving these air fryer chicken tenderloins with a side of Cauliflower mashed potatoes, your favorite steamed veggies! Otherwise, try Garlic Parmesan Roasted Radishes, Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad, Keto Fries, or Garlic Butter Mushrooms. So good!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Enjoy
- Oven-Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders – Keto & Low Carb
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F/200°C. If your air fryer doesn't have this function, let it run empty for 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken tenders to a bowl and season with the chicken seasoning. Drizzle the olive oil.
- Use a spatula or your hands to coat well the chicken tenders on all sides.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray and place the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes in the preheated air fryer and flip the tenders halfway.
- Transfer to a plate and enjoy with your favorite sides.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: