These Garlic Butter Mushrooms sauteed in a skillet with fresh garlic are perfect for an easy appetizer or side dish. Ready in just 15 minutes (or less), these sauteed garlic mushrooms will become a staple as they pair incredibly with everything.
Hello there, mushroom lovers! Today, I’ll show you one of the best keto side dishes that you will ever have. They are incredibly versatile and delicious and turn any boring meal into a fancy restaurant-style dish.
Double or triple the recipe because the leftovers are even better as the flavors have time to develop. This easy buttery mushroom recipe is perfect for meal prep.
Trust me when I tell you that these sauteed garlic mushrooms will impress anyone you serve them to.
These mushrooms are so easy to make and need just a few ingredients. It’s a perfect last-minute side dish that goes with just about anything.
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make the best pan-fried garlic mushrooms.
Ingredients For Garlic Butter Mushrooms
You’ll be surprised to discover that you can prepare one of the most delicious side dishes with just a few easy ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry.
- Mushrooms – try choosing mushrooms that are about the same size, so they cook evenly. Brown cremini or white button mushrooms are fantastic for this recipe.
- Butter – I recommend using unsalted butter so you can control the quantity of salt. For a vegan version you can use plant-based butter.
- Olive Oil – You can use any olive oil you have on hand.
- Garlic – Another star of this dish. Use fresh minced garlic cloves for the best flavors.
- White Wine – For the best flavors, choose betweenPinot Gris, Chardonnay, or Sauvignon Blanc.
- Fresh Parsley & Thyme – This dish uses both fresh and dried herbs. Fresh herbs intensify the flavors making this mushroom recipe finger-licking good.
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Garlic Butter Mushrooms
To make these delicious Garlic Mushrooms, you have to follow some easy steps.
- Clean your mushrooms with a moist paper towel to remove any dirt and trim stems if necessary.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion and cook it for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes. Stir until the released liquid evaporates.
- Stir in minced garlic, parsley, and thyme.
- Add a splash of white wine and constantly stir to deglaze the pan.
- Top with parsley and fresh thyme.
Tips For Making The Perfect Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- I recommend using mushrooms that are the same size to make sure that they are evenly cooked.
- If you don’t want to use white wine, feel free to use a touch of lemon juice. If you do not like any of these options, you may also use a splash of chicken broth. Or feel free to leave them out.
- Before cooking the mushrooms, be sure to clean them with a damp paper towel. Excess moisture may make these mushrooms mushy or slimy.
What Kind Of Mushrooms Should I Choose?
I recommend choosing the tiniest mushrooms you can find. If you don’t find any, you have to halve or quarter them before cooking.
How To Clean Mushrooms?
- If you choose to clean them in water, you don’t have to let them soak for too long. Fill a bowl with water and place a clean towel next to it. Wash the mushrooms for 15 seconds at most, then transfer them to the towel and pat them to dry well.
- You can also clean them using a brush. My favorite method for gently and successfully removing dirt off mushrooms is to use an extra-soft toothbrush or a moist paper towel.
What To Serve With These Garlic Mushrooms?
These delicious and addictive mushrooms can be enjoyed with different meals of your choice. Here are some of my favorites:
- Turkey Breast with Garlic Herb Butter
- Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
How To Store These Garlic Mushrooms?
- Mushrooms can be one of the most challenging vegetables to store because of how quickly they can absorb too much moisture, and they start to break down in texture.
- If you have any leftovers, all you need to do is refrigerate them in an airtight container and enjoy it during the week. They will remain for up to 7 days.
Are Mushrooms Keto?
Yes, mushrooms are keto-friendly and one of the best keto vegetables to eat on a keto diet. According to the USDA website, 1 cup (70g) of raw mushrooms provide:
- 2.28 grams carbs
- 0.7 grams fiber
- 0.2 grams of fat
- 2.16 grams of protein
They are gluten-free, cholesterol-free, sodium-free, and only about 14 calories per cup.
Besides the fact that they are incredibly nutritious, eating mushrooms have a lot of benefits:
- They are rich in B vitamins: riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help protect heart health.
- Rich in antioxidants like selenium which helps boost the immune system and prevent damage to cells.
- They are a great source of vitamin D.
Can I Make This Recipe In Air Fryer?
Certainly yes. All you have to do is to preheat your air fryer to 400 F, then combine all the ingredients and put the mushrooms into the basket.
Close the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes, then stop to gently shake the basket or use a spatula to turn the mushrooms. Air fry the mushrooms for another 5-7 minutes, and that’s it. Awesome, right?
Looking For More Side Dishes? Try these:
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Low Carb | Keto
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Radishes
- Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries – Only 3g net carbs
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- 1 pound 500 g white or brown mushrooms
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 medium onion chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean mushrooms by gently wiping with a paper towel or using a mushroom brush.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat.
- Melt the butter and add olive oil.
- Once the butter is melted, sauté the onion until fragrant for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with the melted butter. Cook for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add in the wine (if using) and cook for 2 minutes to evaporate.
- Add garlic, chopped parsley, thyme, and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.