This air fryer asparagus recipe is one of the easiest ways to prepare asparagus in just 10 minutes. Learn how to make asparagus in the air fryer with just 5 easy ingredients. All you need is asparagus, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
I’m a huge fan of asparagus, and I’m happy every year when its season starts. Asparagus is a tender vegetable with a subtle taste and aroma, and this asparagus recipe in the air fryer will highlight all that is good about this vegetable.
I don’t think I’ve ever made an easier and more delicious healthy side dish like this one. It turned out to be extremely crispy and flavorful, and it is perfect as an appetizer and a main course.
This air fryer asparagus pairs perfectly with meat, fish, or a fresh salad.
The asparagus is slightly crunchy, fragrant, and cooks quickly. I hope you like this recipe and enjoy it.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Asparagus
- Ingredients For This Air Fryer Asparagus
- How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
- Tips For Making Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus
- Storing Ideas
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Asparagus
- Equipment Needed To Make This Air Fryer Salmon
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Asparagus
- It’s extremely easy to make recipe
- You can make it ahead of time.
- It pairs perfectly with many dishes.
Ingredients For This Air Fryer Asparagus
You will need only a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen to create this delicious side dish.
- Asparagus – Choose bright green asparagus stems that are slightly thick. Make sure that they are almost the same size to cook evenly.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste, you can also add your favorite seasonings if you want to.
- Garlic Powder – if you want a more intense garlic flavor, you choose to use fresh garlic and grate it.
- Olive Oil – feel free to use any other vegetable oil.
How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
This appliance makes everything super crispy and delicious without extra oil and calories. Here is everything you have to do:
- Trim the asparagus – Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, let it run empty for about 3 minutes.
- Season the asparagus with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the asparagus for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. You’ll know asparagus is ready when it’s tender, looks golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Now your asparagus is ready to be served with your favorite main dish. Enjoy!
Tips For Making Perfect Air Fryer Asparagus
- Before cooking the asparagus, it must be quickly cleaned under a stream of cold water; then, the stems must be cut because the thick end has a woody consistency and cannot be easily eaten.
- Feel free to add some shredded parmesan or mozzarella over the asparagus two minutes before the asparagus is ready.
- Fridge – The leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then, place the leftovers in the air fryer basket and reheat until hot at 375F.
- Freezer- Unfortunately, air fryer asparagus cannot be frozen since they become mushy and lose their delightful crisp.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Asparagus
This Air Fryer Asparagus is a great side dish or appetizer for a gathering. Place them on a plate and enjoy. Here are our favorite dishes that pair perfectly with this asparagus:
Equipment Needed To Make This Air Fryer Salmon
- A knife and chopping board
- A bowl
- Air Fryer
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Choose The Perfect Asparagus
The thinner the asparagus stalks, the tastier and harvested at the right time. The thickest ones have been left too much in the ground, and they may be hard and difficult to eat.
Is Asparagus Healthy?
We have a lot of reasons to love asparagus: it contains antioxidants, is good for the heart, has few calories, helps digestion, maintains bone health, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, is anti-inflammatory, is a natural laxative, helps in dieting, prevents aging it is a detoxifier.
Can I Cook The Asparagus In Other Ways?
Sure, another great thing that I like about this vegetable is that it can be cooked in many ways. Here are some of them:
- You can choose to steam your asparagus. After 2-3 minutes of steaming, test the asparagus using a fork. It should be soft enough to fit the fork but slightly crispy.
- On the grill. Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and pepper, add the olive oil, and mix the stalks to distribute the oil evenly. Then grill for 6-10 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- In the oven. To cook it in the oven, just put the remaining stalks in a pan, sprinkle with a little oil, and season with salt and pepper. In 10-15 minutes, it will become crispy and start to change color, at which point you will know that the asparagus is done.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F/ 190°C for at least 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine together oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place trimmed asparagus spears in the basket and brush with the oil mixture to coat.
- Cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown and crispy. Smaller spears need about 7 minutes to cook, while large spears take about 9 minutes.
- Serve warm with extra seasonings or parmesan cheese.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: