This easy Roasted Air Fryer Whole Chicken is juicy with irresistible crispy and tasty skin. With just a few ingredients and minimal preparation, you can enjoy perfectly cooked rotisserie chicken in under one hour. It’s the best chicken with crispy skin and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Baking a whole chicken has always seemed like too much work, and I feared it would come out either raw and uncooked in the middle or overcooked. I never thought how easy it is to cook a whole chicken in my air fryer. It feeds a crowd, tastes delicious, and it’s succulent and ready in less than 60 minutes.
I love well-seasoned protein, so I make homemade spices to add flavor. You can make my chicken seasoning that’s perfect for this recipe.
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make the perfect roasted Air Fryer Chicken.
- Reasons You’ll Love This Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
- Ingredients for Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Chicken
- How Long To Air Fry a Whole Chicken?
- How Long To Store Chicken Leftovers
- Tips and Variations
- How To Serve Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Reasons You’ll Love This Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
- Cooks faster than in a conventional oven.
- Super easy to prep in just 5 minutes.
- The chicken is extra crispy, and the skin super crispy!
- Super versatile- It can be seasoned in so many ways.
- Perfect for meal prep- leftover chicken meat can be used in various recipes during the week.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Whole Chicken
For this deliciously browned roasted chicken we need only 3 ingredients:
- Whole chicken– a 3-5 pound bird with giblets removed from the cavity.
- Chicken Seasoning– This blend contains the perfect spices and herbs for chicken. If you don’t have all the ingredients for this seasoning, you can use paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Super classic seasonings that go well with about anything.
- Olive Oil or Butter– Choose wisely. Both are great, and I like the butter flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Chicken
It’s so easy to make perfect roasted whole chicken if you follow the steps below:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350F. If your air fryer doesn’t have this function, just set it to 35 minutes at 350F and let it run empty for 5 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken with clean paper towels to absorb all the moisture. This makes the skins super crispy.
- Mix the olive oil with homemade chicken seasoning and rub it all over the chicken.
- Tie up the chicken legs with kitchen twine.
- Place the seasoned chicken, breast side down in the preheated Air Fryer, and baked for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking, flip on the other side, brush with the remaining seasoning mix and cook until done.
How Long To Air Fry a Whole Chicken?
Roasting time depends on the size of your chicken. A rule of thumb is to roast for about 20 minutes per pound, followed by a 10 minute rest before carving to keep the chicken super juicy.
To test for doneness, use a meat thermometer. It should register 165F when inserted in the thickest part of the breast.
Chicken is done when the skin looks golden, and juices run clear.
How Long To Store Chicken Leftovers
Once the chicken is completely cooled, carve out the meat and store it in an airtight container for up to 4 days, or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips and Variations
- Use the right chicken size that can fit in your Air Fryer. The chicken should have enough space to let the air flow and cook the meat evenly.
- Cook the chicken breast side down first to ensure that the chicken meat is cooked properly and the skin is super crispy.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes after cooking. This helps the chicken lock in the juices, so the meat stays juicy.
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
How To Serve Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Since this recipe is so versatile it pairs perfectly with many sides:
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoe
- Best Ever Crispy Keto French Fries – Only 3g net carbs
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Best Zucchini Casserole – Super Creamy and Cheesy
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Radishes
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- 1 (3-5 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and chicken seasoning.
- Use your hands or a brush to cover the chicken all over with the seasoning mixture. Flip the chicken and repeat Reserve about one teaspoon of mixture to brush the chicken. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Set the air fryer to 350°F(180°C) and place the seasoned chicken breast side down and cook for 30 minutes. Use tongs and carefully flip on the other side and brush the remaining mixture all over.
- Place the basket back in the Air Fryer and continue baking at 350°F for another 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 16°5F/75°C.
- Remove the basket from the Air Fryer and allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: