Asparagus Chicken Breasts is super easy to make and incredibly delicious. Chicken breast is stuffed with fresh asparagus, mozzarella cheese, covered in delicious spices, then baked until amazingly juicy and tender. All of this goodness ready in under 30 minutes and perfect for the whole family.
You may already know that I love making quick and easy recipes ready in under 30 minutes. Well, this asparagus stuffed chicken is one of those recipes that everyone loves and is on your dinner table instantly.
I asked you on my Instagram Stories your favorite asparagus recipe, and some of you love grilled asparagus or oven-baked asparagus with butter, garlic, and butter. Those are great as a side dish, but I wanted to share with you a main asparagus dish that you can pair with a low carb side dish for a quick and easy keto dinner.
- Ingredients to Make Easy Stuffed Chicken
- How to Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
- What Can I Add to the Chicken Breast for Flavor?
- How Long to Cook Chicken Breast at 400°F?
- What to serve with Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
- Looking For More Chicken Recipes? Try These:
- The Best Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ingredients to Make Easy Stuffed Chicken
For this recipe, you need just a few ingredients that are cheap and very accessible. Asparagus stuffed chicken tastes better than it looks, and it’s juicy chicken breast loaded with flavorful cheese and asparagus.
Here are all the ingredients for this extraordinary chicken recipe:
- Large Boneless Chicken Breast – To make stuffed chicken, it’s best to use larger pieces of meat so the stuffing stays inside.
- Butter or Olive Oil – Much needed to sear the breast in a frying pan to make them golden brown on the outside and seal in all those juices. Also, it helps to reduce the cooking time.
- Seasonings – Make sure to season the chicken meat both on the inside and outside. I love to use Italian Seasoning for this recipe as it pairs perfectly with cheese and tomatoes.
- Mozzarella Cheese – who doesn’t love gooey melty mozzarella? It adds such a great texture and flavor!
- Asparagus spears – Make sure to remove the woody ends of the asparagus stalks that are not pleasant to eat. Just snap off the bottom or about 3-5cm. No need for a knife here.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – Love adding these for a little bit of kick and extra flavor.
How to Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
I love how effortless this chicken recipe is to make:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast using a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut all the way in, just 3/4 of the way.
- Season your chicken inside out with your favorite spices.
- Stuff the boneless chicken breast with pieces of asparagus, mozzarella slices, and chopped dried tomatoes.
- Seal with toothpicks, so the filling stays inside while cooking.
- Sear the chicken in melted butter until they are lightly brown on each side.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until an instant meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Rest the chicken for 5 minutes and remove toothpicks before serving. Enjoy!
What Can I Add to the Chicken Breast for Flavor?
Chicken breasts are great seasoned with just salt and pepper, but they’re super flavorful when paired with the right spices.
My favorite seasonings for chicken breast are:
- Homemade Italian Seasoning – I make a huge batch and use it every time.
- Taco Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Homemade Chicken Seasoning
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast at 400°F?
Overcooking chicken breast makes it dry, so how we make the best baked chicken?
Skinless, boneless chicken breast is perfectly cooked at a higher temperature to seal the juices. I usually cook my chicken at 400F and use an instant meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked through.
To Bake Chicken Breast at 400°F/200°C: Depending on the size of the chicken breast will take about 22-26 minutes in the preheated oven. When the internal temperature of chicken breast reaches 165°F/ 75C, you’ll know it’s perfectly cooked. Once the chicken looks crispy and golden, it’s done cooking. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving, so all the flavors develop.
- large chicken breast (7oz or 200g) need about 22-26 minutes to cook
- medium chicken breast (5-6oz or 150-180g) takes about 18-20 minutes.
Tip: Broil stuffed chicken breast for 2 minutes to make it crispy on the edges.
Meat thermometers are pretty inexpensive (less than 20$), and they make a huge difference. It’s the key to success, and you’ll never make dry chicken breast again.
What to serve with Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto French Fries
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Cauliflower Rice
Looking For More Chicken Recipes? Try These:
On the blog, you can find tons of delicious and easy-to-make chicken recipes. Here are just some of them
- Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Creamy Chicken Florentine
The Best Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
- Place the chicken on a clean chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Season: Season the chicken with Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Fil each chicken pocket with 3-4 asparagus spears, 2 slices of mozzarella, and chopped dried tomatoes.
- Use toothpicks to seal the pocket.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat and brown the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 17-20 minutes or until it is cooked through. The chicken is cooked through when an instant meat thermometer reads 155˚F/70˚C.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: