These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are super crispy, and the meat is juicy. Cooking Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer instead of deep frying makes them a healthy choice. This extremely popular recipe is ready 30 minutes and super easy to make! Toss them in a delicious low carb Buffalo sauce, and your meal is ready.
How to Make Crispy Chicken Wings in The Air Fryer?
Do you want to learn how to make chicken wings in the air fryer?
There’s a little secret on how you can make crispy chicken wings at home using a pantry item that you surely have on hand every time. This magical ingredient is aluminum free baking powder.
Coating chicken wings with baking powder may sound unappealing to you, but it helps a lot in making the wings skin super crispy. Make sure you’re using baking powder, NOT BAKING SODA! Baking Soda will ruin them, while baking powder makes the wings great.
- Use a clean towel or kitchen tissues to pat dry the chicken wings. Getting rid of the excess moisture on the surface of the wings is an essential step in this recipe. Season well the wings with baking powder, pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Use fresh wings; frozen wings will not crisp up! Let the wings thaw in the fridge before using them in this recipe.
- Cook the wings at a lower heat to make sure the meat is cooked and tender then bake at a higher temperature to crisp up the skin. Even with two rounds of baking, these chicken wings are ready in almost 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Buffalo Sauce. Combine the ingredients until well incorporated. Enjoy hot!
How to Serve Crispy Chicken Wings?
The original Buffalo Wings recipe was created in a New Your Restaurant by Teressa Bellissimo in the ’60s.
She covered the unbreaded deep-fried wings in this delicious special spicy butter sauce and served them with a tasty blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing along with a side of carrots and celery sticks.
Buffalo Wings quickly become one of the essential game day foods and the most ordered dish at restaurants and bars.
Can I Use Frozen Wings in the Air Fryer?
If you want crispy chicken wings, the answer is NO! I’m sorry to disappoint, but you have to thaw the wings first. I tried to make crispy wings using frozen wings, but they never turned out crispy enough.
How to Thaw Chicken Wings?
Here are a few methods to thaw your chicken wings:
Never defrost your meat on the counter because the bacteria can grow to make them unsafe to eat. There are 3 ways to thaw them safely:
- In Cold Water – Place the wings in a sealed food bag and then in a large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover the wings and use a plate or a heavy object to keep them submerged. Turn the bag on the other side occasionally and change the water every 30 minutes for the quickest result.
- Using a Microwave gets the job done is a few minutes. To properly defrost the wings select the weight and rotate the wings frequently through de defrosting process. It’s essential to cook the microwave defrosted wings immediately to avoid food spoilage.
- Thaw Chicken Wings in the Fridge – This the easiest and safest way to thaw foods. It’s the most time-consuming method, but if you let them overnight in a glass container, they’ll be ready to bake the next day.
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- 15 Minute Oven Roasted Healthy Chicken and Vegetables
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Easy Crack Chicken Recipe
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/8 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Erythritol or Brown Sugar adjust to suit your taste
For Buffalo Sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Keep it warm.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Pat dry the chicken wings and place them one by one in the air fryer basket (in a single layer).
- Combine, baking powder, black pepper, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken wings and toss to combine.
- Insert the basket into the air fryer and cook for 13 minutes at 380°F / 190°C. Flip the wings after 13 minutes.
- After 26 minutes of cooking, increase the temperature to 400°F /200°C and air fry for 5-8 more minutes until the skin is crispy and lightly brown.
- Transfer to a bowl, add toss the wings with Buffalo Sauce.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: