Creamy Chicken Florentine recipe is the definition of comfort food. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this pan-seared chicken is smothered in the best garlic and spinach white wine sauce. A classic and easy dinner recipe that everyone will love.
I love making chicken florentine, and you can never go wrong with it. It’s one of our family’s favorite, and we make it almost every week and serve with creamy mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles.
I’m back with this delicious chicken recipe that’s so quick to prepare. This chicken florentine recipe is on your dinner table in 30 minutes, perfect for those busy nights where everyone is starving and needs food quickly.
What is Chicken Florentine?
In the culinary arts, the term Florentine refers to a recipe that is prepared in the style of the region of Florence, Italy. A Florentine style recipe features poultry or fish served on a bed of creamy spinach cooked in butter.
What are the Ingredients for Chicken Florentine?
This chicken recipe needs only a few classic ingredients such as chicken breasts, spinach, cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make chicken florentine with creamy spinach sauce:
- chicken breast
- butter and olive oil
- seasonings: salt, pepper
- garlic cloves
- white wine – my favorites include pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, or chardonnay.
- heavy cream
- baby spinach
- to garnish: chopped parsley
How to Make Florentine Chicken Recipe?
This pan-fried chicken recipe, coated in flavorful spinach, cream, and garlic sauce. It’s ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish. Here’s how to make it in 3 easy steps:
- Sear the seasoned chicken in a hot pan with butter and olive oil. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown on each side and remove from the pan.
- To make chicken florentine sauce: Sautee the minced garlic for one minute. Reduce the heat and add whipping cream, cream cheese, and white wine. Simmer and add 3 cups of spinach. The spinach wilts almost instantly. Allow the cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the flavored creamy sauce and serve.
How to Store?
You can store this meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s a freezer-friendly meal too, and you can freeze for about 2-3 months.
Other Chicken Recipes You Will Love
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Juicy Air Fryer Naked Chicken Tenders
- Easy Oven Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Easy Creamy Chicken Florentine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise (about 1 lb)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- chopped parsley
- Half the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise to make 4 fillets.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown, for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken, set aside on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, and white wine. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the baby spinach and cook until wilted for 2-3 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and simmer gently for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: