This healthy chicken detox soup is ultra delicious and comforting. Learn how to make the ultimate detox soup that’s loaded with fresh veggies and tender chicken.
With only 6g net carbs per serving and 10 minutes of prep, this homemade detox soup recipe is a hearty one-pot meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
So if you are wondering what else you can cook for dinner or lunch, you definitely must try this healthy detox soup. It’s the perfect choice if you want something warm, cozy, and easy to make for dinner.
This nourishing and cleansing soup is the perfect choice when you’re looking to hit the reset button on your eating plan.
What Is Detox Soup?
Made from nutrient-dense ingredients like vegetables, herbs, and proteins, detox soup is a dish consumed to provide the body with high concentrations of nutrients and antioxidants that help reduce inflammation, support the immune system, and improve overall health.
Why Are You Going To Love This Healthy Chicken Detox Soup Recipe
- It’s great for meal prep. You can make this detox soup in advance and serve it during a busy week.
- Super easy to make in such a short time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Loaded with delicious flavors.
- Packed with nutrients.
- It’s a gluten-free, keto, and low-carb soup recipe.
- It helps you to remove toxins from the body.
- It has only 166 calories and 6g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For This Healthy Chicken Detox Soup
You only need some easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious chicken detox soup. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Chicken Breast – you will need boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Olive Oil – used to sautée the vegetables. Feel free to use any other vegetable oil, such as avocado oil.
- Garlic – use fresh minced garlic for an intense, delicious flavor.
- Onion – you will need one medium white onion finely chopped.
- Ginger – Fresh ginger is an excellent ingredient for detox soup as it promotes digestion, circulation, and can improve the immune system. Whether you prefer fresh ginger or ginger powder, both can be used for their beneficial properties.
- Bell Peppers – I used red and yellow bell pepper for this detox recipe. But you can also use a green one or only one type.
- Italian Seasoning – gives this soup a delicious Italian flavor. You can buy this Seasoning or make it at home.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Chicken Broth – feel free to replace it with vegetable broth if you want an intense veggie flavor.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower – I used fresh ones for this healthy detox soup, but frozen vegetables will work just fine.
- Lemon Juice – use freshly squeezed lemon juice to add a bright flavor to this soup.
How To Make a Detox Soup?
Once you see how easy it is to prepare this healthy detox soup recipe, you will want to prepare it in advance and enjoy it for dinner on a busy day. So here is everything you have to do:
Sauté The Vegetables
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and ginger. Stir and cook everything for 3 minutes until tender.
Add the chopped bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
Cook for 5 more minutes.
Cooking The Chicken Breast
Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables, then add the chicken breast and simmer for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, remove the chicken breast from the pot and shred it using 2 forks.
Return the shredded chicken breast to the pot and simmer for 5 more minutes until each vegetable is tender.
Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy.
Tips For Making The Best Detox Soup
- Use high-quality ingredients. When making a detox soup, it’s recommended use fresh ingredients to obtain the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. Otherwise, they will become too soft and will lose their nutrients.
- While the soup simmers, it may form a foam on the surface. Make sure that you skim this off to obtain a clear broth.
- You can add some of your favorite vegetables like celery, carrots, or green beans.
- Make a spicy detox soup by adding one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes.
- Add some fresh chopped dill at the end to boost flavor and color.
- Fridge: you can store any chicken detox soup leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- To Reheat: you can reheat this soup in the microwave for 3 minutes or on the stovetop.
Can I Freeze This Chicken Detox Soup?
Sure, this delicious chicken detox soup is great for freezing it. So you can double the recipe and freeze it in individual freezer-safe bags for up to 2 months.
Then thaw it overnight in the fridge and reheat it on the stove over medium heat.
How to Serve This Chicken Detox Soup?
I like eating this soup simply as it is, but here are some ideas to make this healthy detox soup more enjoyable:
- Eat it with your favorite bread.
- You can also enjoy it with something crispy like Keto Cheese Chips.
- Keto Tortilla
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Soup With Chicken Leftovers?
Definitely, this healthy detox soup it can be easily made with chicken leftovers. It will taste the same as delicious and help you save time.
Is This Chicken Detox Soup Good For Weight Loss?
Sure, this recipe is great for weight loss meal plans since it has few calories and brings many health benefits to the body. Usually, people follow a detox soup diet where they consume only soup for all meals of as a replacement for lunch or dinner.
More Soup Recipes
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Low Carb Panera Copycat
- Easy Cabbage Soup – Weight Loss Cabbage Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup
Healthy Chicken Detox Soup
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger shredded or grated
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion, minced garlic, and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables, then add the chicken breast and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and shred it using 2 forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: