Loaded with delicious flavors and veggies, this recipe for stuffed pepper soup is a hearty one-pot meal that is ready in only 40 minutes and tastes exactly like a regular stuffed pepper. It’s a healthy and easy soup that’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
With only 7g net carbs per serving, this easy stuffed pepper soup is loved by my entire family, and I always choose to make it when we want something warm and cozy for dinner.
So prepare this stuffed pepper soup in advance and enjoy it on busy days when you don’t have much time for cooking.
Just like my easy Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup, this soup is made with basic ingredients like ground beef, tomatoes, and vegetables. It’s a delicious soup everyone will love!
- Why Are You Going To Love This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Is Stuffed Pepper Soup Keto Friendly?
- Ingredients For Stuffed Pepper Soup
- How To Make This Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Serving Ideas
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Keto Soup Recipes
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
Why Are You Going To Love This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- It’s a one-pot soup recipe that’s hearty and creamy.
- It’s super easy to make.
- Perfect for meal prep- you can make this soup ahead and serve it during a busy week.
- It’s a gluten-free and low-carb soup recipe.
- Tastes just like stuffed pepper but in a soup form.
Is Stuffed Pepper Soup Keto Friendly?
Yes, this delicious stuffed pepper soup is keto-friendly as it’s made with naturally low-carb ingredients and wasn’t used regular flour to thicken the soup.
Ingredients For Stuffed Pepper Soup
You only need some easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious stuffed pepper soup. Here is everything you will need:
- Ground Beef – Use 90% lean ground beef and drain any fat after cooking the meat.
- Olive Oil – feel free to use any other vegetable oil.
- Onion – use a finely chopped yellow onion.
- Garlic Cloves – you will need fresh garlic cloves for a more intense flavor.
- Bell Pepper – I used red and yellow bell pepper for this recipe. Feel free to add also green one or to use only one type.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Dried Herbs – I used dried basil, oregano, and thyme for this recipe. Italian seasoning is also for enhancing the flavor of the soup.
- Diced Tomatoes – you can buy them or use fresh tomatoes and sauce to add extra flavor to the recipe.
- Tomato Sauce – if you are buying it, make sure that you read the label to avoid those that have any added sugar.
- Beef Broth – you can also use vegetable broth.
- Cauliflower Rice – use my recipe for homemade cauliflower rice to add extra flavor and help thicken the soup.
How To Make This Stuffed Pepper Soup
You will be surprised to see how easy it is to make this delicious keto-stuffed pepper soup that’s extremely delicious. Here is everything you need to do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes until browned.
- Drain any excess fat, then add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and dried herbs. Mix until well combined, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the cauliflower rice, stir until well combined, and serve with fresh chopped parsley.
This delicious low-carb stuffed pepper soup recipe can be served simply as it is or paired with your favorite keto bread. Here are our favorite ones:
- Fridge – This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe can be stored in the fridge for 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer – You can also freeze this low-carb soup in individual serving-size containers for up to 6 months.
- Reheating – You can use the stove to reheat the soup, constantly sitting until warm and creamy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Yes, you can freeze stuffed pepper soup in soup freezer containers for up to 6 months.
Can I Make This Recipe With Other Type Of Meat?
I like to prepare this stuffed pepper soup with ground beef, but chicken or turkey meat can also be used.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Definitely, this stuffed pepper soup is great for keto meal planning! So make a double batch of this soup and store it in individual servings in the fridge.
Can I Make Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Sure, cook the ground beef and onions, then drain any excess fat. Next, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the rice, then cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
More Keto Soup Recipes
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 14 oz low-sodium beef broth
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, then add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally stirring, until browned.
- Drain any excess fat, add the onions, garlic, and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Add thyme, basil, and oregano and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, occasionally stirring, for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to this recipe.
- Turn off the heat, add the cauliflower rice and serve topped with fresh chopped parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: