Fluffy, slightly crunchy, and soft on the inside, these keto coconut macaroons are ready in under 20 minutes using only naturally low-carb ingredients.
We all are probably familiar with those colorful French macarons made from almond flour, sugar, and egg whites. However, the name macaron is also worn by another French delicacy like these dairy-free coconut macarons, which are a sweet treat from France that can be prepared in a healthier and dietary version.
Here’s how to make these sugar-fee coconut macaroons that are fluffy and extremely delicious!
Why Are You Going To Love These Keto Coconut Macaroons
- They are extremely easy to make.
- You can make them ahead of time and serve them whenever you want.
- It’s a gluten-free, sugar-free, keto, and low-carb recipe.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
Are These Coconut Macaroons Keto?
Sure, besides the fact that these coconut macaroons taste incredibly delicious and can be made in such a short time, they are also keto-friendly. They are made with low-carb sweeteners and taste even better than regular coconut macaroons.
Ingredients For Keto Coconut Macaroons
A great thing about these keto coconut macaroons is that they require only a few easy ingredients that you probably have already in your pantry. Here is everything you need:
- Egg Whites – these are the main ingredient that works as a binder for these coconut macaroons. Make sure that they are at room temperature.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite sweetener; as long as it is powdered to mix well.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find.
- Shredded Coconut – make sure you are using unsweetened shredded coconut, and check the label to see if there are no hidden ingredients high in carbs.
- Coconut Oil – This is used to bind all of the ingredients together. It firms up in the fridge and helps the cookie ball stick together.
How To Make Keto Coconut Macaroons
You will love how easy it is to prepare these keto coconut macaroons. You will need only a few minutes to prepare and bake them. Here is everything you have to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Start by mixing the egg whites until they start to harden up.
- Then add the sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- Now you can fold in the shredded coconut using a silicone spatula.
- Form the coconut macaroons using a tiny cookie scoop or with your wet hands.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake the macaroons for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let them cool completely, then enjoy.
Tips For Making The Perfect Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Ensure you don’t use sweetened coconut flakes because they aren’t low-carb or keto and will be far too sweet.
- You can use a medium ice cream scoop to make the dough for 12 large cookies. If you want to make them smaller, use a smaller ice cream scoop, but you need to know that the baking time will be reduced.
- Don’t overbake these keto coconut macaroons because otherwise, they will become dry and crumbly.
- Room temperature: You can put the coconut macaroons in an airtight container and store them on the counter for five days.
- Freezer: Another great thing about these cookies is that they can also be stored in the freezer for one month.
Equipment Needed To Make These Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- A spatula
- A hand mixer
- A mixing bowl
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Did My Macaroons Spread?
Your macaroons could spread only if the batter is too soft. A great solution is putting the coconut macaroons in the fridge before baking them.
What’s The Difference Between Macaroons and Macarons?
French macarons are delicate sandwich cookies made of almond flour filled with buttercream, jam, or ganache and available in various flavors. Coconut Macaroons are naturally gluten-free and contain a base of whipped egg whites and shredded coconut.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, if you plan to have guests at home, you can double the recipe and store the macaroons in the fridge until you are ready to eat them. Another great idea is to make the dough up to 1 day ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you want to bake the cookies.
Is Coconut Keto-Friendly?
Coconut is another low-sugar, high-fat fruit ideal for the Keto diet because they are low in net carbs and high in satiating fat. So, yes, shredded coconut is keto-friendly as long it is unsweetened.
How Can We Say If The Coconut Macaroons Are Done?
You know they’re cooked when the macarons get a lovely golden color. They should be light and chewy when completely cooked.
More Keto Coconut Recipes
Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Mix the eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla Extract, and sweetener for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded coconut using a fork or spatula.
- Add a few tablespoons of water or coconut milk if the mixture looks too dry and crumbly.
- Form the macaroons using an ice cream scoop.
- Place them on the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look golden.
- Once baked, let them cool on a cooling rack, then enjoy!!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: