This keto pumpkin bread is our family’s favorite fall recipe packed with spices and pumpkin flavor. It’s the best gluten-free pumpkin bread, moist, perfectly spiced, and incredibly easy to make. At just 4g net carbs per slice, you can enjoy it for breakfast or as a quick delicious keto snack.
I’m utterly excited about fall because it’s my favorite season. All the cozy sweaters, warm foods, and pumpkin treats remind me of the days my grandmother used to make me and my brother tons of delicious meals. And fall is the transition season to winter and all my favorite holidays where I get to spend quality time with my loved ones.
Of course, the meals my grandma made weren’t near keto or low carb but filled with love and dedication. Now I make this keto pumpkin bread for my family, and it tastes the same even it has no sugar or wheat flour adding. It’s so easy to make.
As a reminder: If you still have grandparents, cherish every moment, and spend as much time as possible with them while you can.
Ingredients for the Keto Pumpkin Bread
If you want to make your home smell like autumn bake this low carb pumpkin bread. The ingredients are basic, and you probably already have them in your kitchen. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- medium eggs
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- heavy whipping cream or coconut cream*
- Erythritol Or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- butter or coconut oil*
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
*For a paleo pumpkin bread replace the dairy product in this recipe with coconut products.
How to Make Keto Pumpkin Bread?
- Begin by combining the dry ingredients into a large bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice. If you have time, you can sift the flours to eliminate any lumps and make it easier to mix with the other ingredients. This step will reduce the gritty texture that some of you report when baking with almond flour. Set aside.
- In another large bowl cream, the butter and sweetener with an electric mixer until it starts to change to a lighter color.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- It’s time to add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat for a few seconds until combined. This will look a little bit grainy, but that’s ok.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Beat with an electric mixer just until well combined. Use a spatula to scrape the edges.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350F/180°C for about one hour. If it starts to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil. You know the pumpkin bread it’s ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the pumpkin loaves out of the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes into the pan.
This all you need to do, to make this fantastic fall bread. In fact, there’s one more step left: enjoy this delicious keto pumpkin bread with your friends and family along with a cup of milk or tea.
This easy low carb paleo pumpkin bread it’s delicious on its own, but with some optional add-ins, we can make it even better.
- Chocolate chips
- Browned Butter – Replacing butter with browned butter, it’s a scrumptious addition that adds so much flavor and a decadent nutty sweetness. To make brown butter, melt butter over low heat until it starts to brown.
- Nuts & Seeds: I love to toast the nuts, so they add a deep nutty flavor.
- A few drops of Pumpkin Stevia Sweetener
What Pumpkin to Use?
Pumpkin is the star of this recipe, and out of convenience, I recommend using canned pumpkin. It has the perfect texture and saves you a lot of time. Make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling because it has added sugar, starches, and other high-carb ingredients.
Surely, you can make this keto sweet bread with pumpkin puree. I love baking fresh pumpkin and then store it in the freezer so I can enjoy it all year long. Make sure to remove as much moisture as possible from the pumpkin. Otherwise, this gluten-free pumpkin bread will turn out soggy.
Other Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
- Thick and Fluffy Flourless Pumpkin Pancakes
- Fluffy Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- Super Easy Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- The Ultimate No-Fail Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Pie
Easy Keto Pumpkin Bread – Low-Carb Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C and line a 9″x5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sweetener for about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing.
- Add the pumpkin puree, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and stir to break any lumps and get a smooth batter. If you want you can add chopped pecans, walnuts or sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth down the top using a spatula. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.