How to make keto granola bars! These low carb keto granola bars are easy to make, crunchy, chewy, and nutty. Much better than any store-bought granola bars and ready in just 30 minutes. The perfect no-bake granola bars are fantastic for breakfast or for a snack during the day.
With a chewy texture and a sweet-nutty flavor, this sugar free low carb granola bars recipe is a breeze to make for those moments when you are craving something sweet and healthy at the same time.
I grew up having granola bars daily and always needed one in my school lunch box.
But, how do you make keto granola bars, as most store-bought granola bars contain a mix of oats, brown sugar, and high-carbs dried fruits? It’s actually super easy to make granola bars at home using low carb ingredients.
Watch this quick step-by-step video to see exactly how easy it is to make the best keto granola bars for breakfast.
Are Granola Bars Keto-Friendly?
Regular store-bought granola bars are not keto-friendly since they are grain-based and contain a lot of sugar, making them too high in carbs for a keto diet.
But if you are craving some granola bars, you can still enjoy them using this recipe that is made from naturally low-carb ingredients and tastes the same as delicious as the ones from the store.
Why Are You Going To Love These Low Carb Granola Bars
- Are made from easy-to-find ingredients.
- You can make them ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Has only 3g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For Keto Granola Bars
A great thing about these keto homemade granola bars recipe is that it is made with super easy ingredients to find in almost any store. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Almond Butter – use natural almond peanut butter with no added sugar. Make sure the almond butter is at room temperature so it mixes easily with the other ingredients.
- Coconut Oil – helps to bind all the dry ingredients. while adding some healthy fats.
- Vanilla Extract – use high quality for an intense flavor.
- Sweetener – use powdered sweetener to combine well.
- Almonds – you can use roasted almonds for a boost of flavor.
- Flaxseed Meal – for some extra fiber. You can use coconut flour instead.
- Chia Seeds – help the ingredients bind well and boost healthy fats and fiber.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Shredded Coconut – use unsweetened shredded Coconut.
- Cinnamon – you can skip it if you are not a fan of cinnamon.
For The Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolate Chips – use unsweetened chocolate chips.
- Coconut Oil
How To Make Keto Granola Bar Recipe
These sugar-free granola bars are super easy to make without needing cooking skills. Here is what you have to do:
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine the almond butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Add sliced almonds, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
3. Spread the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press to flatten the surface. Freeze for 10-15 minutes or refrigerate until set to touch.
4. Make the chocolate topping. Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
5. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bars, and return to the freezer until the chocolate is set.
6. Cut the granola bars and enjoy.
Tips and Variations For Making The Keto Granola Bar Recipe
- Make sure to press the mixture into the loaf pan as hard as possible; otherwise, you will end up with some granola instead of granola bars.
- Feel free to replace almond butter with other nut butter, like peanut butter or cashew butter.
- You can add some dried cranberries for more flavor and extra texture.
- Roast the nuts and seeds for maximum flavor.
- Fridge: you can store these easy keto granola bars in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: you can also freeze these granola bars wrapped in plastic foil for up to 2 months.
Thaw them in the fridge overnight for a day before serving them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Granola Bars?
Granola bars are a sweet snack made from nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, sweetened with maple syrup or honey. They are available in flavors like coconut cashew, cinnamon, blueberry almond, etc.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Definitely, these granola bars are great for making them ahead of time and enjoying them as a sweet snack anytime you want.
Are These Granola Bars Healthy?
Sure, besides these granola bars being extremely delicious, they are also healthy because they are loaded with a lot of fiber and healthy ingredients.
More Keto Snack Recipes
- The BEST Flaxseed Crackers
- Keto Protein Bars
- Best Low Carb Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- Easy Keto Fat Bombs (4 Ingredients)- 2g Net Carbs
Keto Granola Bars
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the creamy almond butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add sliced almonds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, powdered sweetener, and cinnamon. Stir using a silicone spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top using a spoon or a silicone spatula.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes until the breakfast bars are set or refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, microwave the dark chocolate and coconut oil until completely melted. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the healthy low carb granola bars, and return into the freezer 5 until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: