This homemade keto granola is a healthy, delicious treat that pleasures breakfast. Enjoy low carb granola that is sugar-free, free from unhealthy fats and unnecessary ingredients. It’s super quick and easy to whip up keto cereal, very filling and you can control the quality of the ingredients while adding your favorite flavors.
You can have keto granola (oat-free) for breakfast with unsweetened plant-based milk and topped with some fresh berries. This keto cereal is fantastic as a quick snack served on top of low carb yogurt. You can store it in the fridge in a nice jar.
Once you make low sugar homemade granola, you won’t want to spend your $$$ on extra expensive store-bought granola that tastes like cardboard. This one it’s incredibly crunchy and tasty!
Oh and have you tried my Keto Oatmeal aka NoOatmeal recipe, yet? It’s warm, comforting, and perfect for a quick breakfast!
Keto Granola Ingredients
The base of our keto granola is tons on nuts and seeds that are rich in Omega-3s and other healthy fats. Then we’ll add unrefined coconut oil that helps everything stick together and makes granola crunchy.
- Nuts & Seeds – We’ll use a delicious combo of almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, shredded coconut, and sesame seeds.
- Unrefined Oil – Coconut oil makes the granola crispy and helps everything stick together while giving a subtle coconutty taste.
- Sweetener – I used an Erythritol based sweetener (such as Swerve), and I noticed it makes granola so crunchy if left overnight. Xylitol (toxic to dogs) is a great way to sweeten this granola too. So, use what you have on hand.
- Maple & Brown Sugar Liquid Stevia – A few drops go a long way and add that fantastic brown sugar taste. If you can’t find this replace the sweetener with Sukrin Gold – soo good!
- Cinnamon & Vanilla & Salt – My favorite flavors to add! Not only that cinnamon is delicious but is a powerhouse of antioxidants. You can try other flavor combos such as pumpkin spice, ginger, and lemon.
How to Make Keto Granola?
Ok, let’s see how to make this easy low carb granola recipe! With just a 10 minutes prep, you can make one of the best low carb cereal options that’s better than the ones on the market. Ready to make some?
Toast the Nuts
Using a sharp knife, chop the nuts into smaller pieces. Toast the nuts for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.
Prepare the Granola Mix
In a large bowl, mix all toasted nuts, seeds, melted coconut oil, a few drops of maple liquid stevia or your favorite sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
Bake the Keto Granola
Evenly spread the mixture out onto a large pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes at 350F /180C. Keep an eye on the keto granola from minute 20 as nuts and seeds tend to burn faster.
Allow To Cool
Let the granola completely cool. Wait at least 30 minutes (best overnight) before breaking up into your desired size.
Add your mix-ins (optional). This is the step where you can add sugar-free chocolate chips, toasted coconut chips, or any other spices that cross your mind.
So finally, enjoy it! Serve gluten-free granola right away and store the leftovers in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Keto Granola Tips
- Make sure you line your baking tray with parchment paper, so your nuts and seeds roast beautifully without sticking to the pan.
- If you want to get big crunchy clumps, gently press down the granola with the back of a spatula and bake.
- After it’s fully baked and cooled down, break it down into pieces using your hands.
- Don’t overbake the granola – wait until they are lightly golden and smell incredibly tasty.
- Spread the granola evenly in the tray so it’ll bake evenly.
How To Store Low Carb Granola Recipe
This paleo low carb granola cereal recipe stores perfectly in the pantry. Here’s how to keep this sugar-free breakfast cereal crunchy and delicious:
To store the leftover keto granola, place it in an airtight container and store it in a cool dark place. It stays super crispy and is perfect to serve with unsweetened almond milk. Make sure it’s properly sealed so the granola doesn’t get soft.
You can store it in the fridge or freezer, but there’s no need. However if you prefer to freeze keto granola, place it in a container and freeze for up to 6 months.
How To Serve
Sometimes I love to snack on this keto granola because it’s crunchy and versatile. But here are some of my favorite ways to serve:
- Yogurt Parfaits – use as a topping for keto yogurt for a filling breakfast.
- Smoothies – add nutty low carb granilla on top of strawberry smoothie or this triple berry smoothie for some extra fiber and crunch!
- Serve instead of the sugary breakfast cereal with a glass of unsweetened milk.
- Mix a handful of granola next time you make a loaf of keto banana bread or keto blueberry bread.
- Serve as it is for a simple, quick keto snack.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes You Might Love
- Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwich
- Easy 5 minute Keto Oatmeal – Low Carb Cereal for Breakfast
- Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Baked Eggs in Avocado
- Best Keto Mexican Bowl
- Best Instant Pot Egg Bites
Easy Low Carb Keto Granola Recipe
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 6-8 tbsp sweetener granulated
- 10-12 drops maple liquid stevia
- a pinch of salt
- Almond Milk
- Low Carb Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to minutes at 350F/ 180C and line a baking sheet with parchemnt paper.
- Chop the almonds and pumpkin seeds and lightly toast them in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for some extra flavor.
- In a large bowl add all the nuts, seeds, melted coconut oil, a few drops maple liquid stevia, erythritol, vanilla extract, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Toss everything until its evenly mixed.
- Spread the mixture evenly out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30-35 in the preheated oven. Keep an eye on the keto granola from the minute 20 as nuts and seeds tend to burn faster.
- Let the granola completely cool. Wait at least 30 minutes (best overnight) before breaking up into your desired size.
- Add your mix-ins (optional). This is the step where you can add sugar-free chocolate chips, toasted coconut chips or any other spices that cross your mind.
- Enjoy! Serve it right away and store the leftovers into a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
what is the serving size plse?
The macros are calculated for 1/4 cup (~30g) of this keto granola recipe!
Thanks for the recipe. It tastes great! Dont know what i did wrong but it didnt set and is very oily. The only reason I can think of is that I didnt use a big enough tray and so it was too thick ? Any suggestions to rescue it?
Place the granola on paper towels, maybe that will help absorb the oils!