These decadent Keto Hazelnut Cookies are made with hazelnut flour, hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips for truly delicious gluten-free cookies. Enjoy incredibly chocolatey cookies that are loaded with melty chocolate and crunchy hazelnuts. Plus they have only 3g net carbs each, and are also grain-free and paleo.
Believe me when I say that you will love these delicious chocolate hazelnut cookies. They are so easy to make using hazelnut flour and chunks of dark chocolate. If you’re a hazelnut fan, this keto cookies recipe isn’t just for the holidays.
My family and I are obsessed with these cookies. They remind us of Ferrero Rocher, and since the holidays are almost here, they are the perfect keto treat to enjoy near your Christmas Tree. Hazelnut cookies are always on our Christmas cookie tray, along with keto snowball cookies, low carb thumbprint cookies, and keto crinkle cookies.
Besides the fact that they are extremely delicious and make our house smell like a bakery, they are dairy-free, gluten-free, and low carb, so they fit many dietary preferences.
Keto Hazelnut Cookies Ingredients
The ingredients used to make these delicious Keto Ferrero Hazelnuts Cookies are basic and easy to find. And you probably should have most of them in your kitchen:
- Egg – Make sure to use a room temperature egg to reduce that eggy flavor. Eggs are also a high protein source that helps everything bind together. You can use chia or flax egg for a vegan hazelnut cookie.
- Hazelnut Flour – Because it is derived from hazelnuts, it’s a perfect gluten-free alternative to refined white flour.
- Coconut Flour – One of my favorite keto flours to use in baking. It is high in fiber and low in carbohydrates.
- Sweetener – My very favorite keto-friendly sweetener is erythritol. It does not cause blood sugar spikes, is quite safe, and has a natural sweetness. But you can use another keto-friendly sweetener that won’t change your blood sugar as well.
- Cocoa Powder – Use a high-quality cocoa powder to increase that rich chocolate flavor. I love using dutch processed cocoa powder or any unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Hazelnut Butter – Hazelnut butter has a delicious taste that isn’t overwhelming. You may substitute it with cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, or a nut-free option like tahini or sunflower seed butter for this.
- Coconut Oil – If you don’t like the taste of coconut, use refined coconut oil, which has a neutral flavor.
- Hazelnuts – roast your hazelnuts, then chop them into small pieces.
- Chocolate Chips – If you don’t have chocolate chips, just chop an unsweetened chocolate bar and use chocolate chunks instead.
How To Make These Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies
It’s so easy to make these Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies following just a few simple steps.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients.
- Combine both mixtures. Mix in the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. If the batter is too crumbly, add a splash of your preferred dairy free milk.
- Form your cookies. Wet your hands slightly and roll the cookie dough into 12 tiny balls. Place the dough balls in a prepared pan and press each ball into a cookie form.
- Bake them in the oven: Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Enjoy them: They are perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of tea or coffee!
Tips for Making The Best Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies
- There’s no need to use a mixer for these chocolate chunk hazelnut cookies, but if you do, be sure to fold in the chocolate by hand so the mixture doesn’t become over mixed.
- To obtain the ideal topped cookies, take the leftover chocolate chunks and lay a few pieces on top of the cookie before baking. As a result, the chocolate pieces remain visible and melt when baked.
- You may use raw or roasted hazelnuts. Roasted hazelnuts will enhance the nutty flavor and provide more flavor.
- To enhance the chocolate flavor, you can add a small quantity of espresso powder that will also intensify the taste of the cacao.
How To Store These Keto Ferrero Hazelnut Cookies
- These cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
- Freezer – Just wrap them in plastic wrap, place the cookies in a freezer-safe container, and store them for up to 3 months.
- Refrigerator – Keep the cookies in a tightly sealed container or a plate covered with plastic wrap.
So, when you want to eat them, thaw them in the fridge for a couple of hours before, then bring them to room temperature.
Looking for More Keto Cookie Recipes? Try these:
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies – Low Carb & Sugar-Free
- Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Cookies
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – Only 2g carbs
Double Chocolate Keto Hazelnut Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond butter, coconut oil, egg and mix well until smooth.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients until combined. Fold in chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Add some unsweetened milk if the batter is too dry.
- Use your hand to form 12 balls (about 25g each). Place them on the prepared pan and press each ball into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges look crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: