These sugar-free keto lemon cookies are extremely soft on the inside, crispy on the outside and packed with lemon flavor. Drizzle them with a delicious keto lemon glaze, and everyone will love them.
If you are a lemon flavor fan and love spring, these keto lemon cookies will bring that refreshing taste that bursts with flavor without being too tart—just the perfect amount of tanginess into these soft sugar cookies that are a crowd-pleaser.
I’m a chocolate lover for sure, but I also love all things lemon. So these, keto lemon cookies are just perfect.
Lemons are fantastic in desserts such as my favorite lemon bars, lemon poppy seed mug cake, my keto vanilla lemon pound cake. If you haven’t tried these recipes, save them, and start cooking as soon as possible.
Watch our quick video to see exactly how to make these keto lemon cookies.
Ingredients for Keto Lemon Cookies
These buttery lemon sugar-free cookies need only eight ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- powdered sweetener (click to get my favorite sweetener) – I love using this monk fruit and erythritol blend because tastes just like sugar with zero aftertaste!
- large egg
- baking powder
- lemon juice
- coconut oil
- lemon zest
How To Make Keto Lemon Cookies
It’s incredibly easy to make these gluten-free paleo cookies once you gather all the ingredients. It’s fantastic that these cookies pack so much lemon flavor and are moist and buttery. Perfect for a quick low carb snack or breakfast with a cup of your favorite tea.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the large egg, freshly squeezed lemon juice, melted coconut oil, and whisk for a few minutes until frothy.
- Incorporate the sweetener and lemon zest.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and mix with a spatula until a thick batter starts to form
- Refrigerate the dough for about 10 minutes to make cookies easier to form.
- Shape about 14-15 cookies (1 oz each) and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Watch them closely as they tend to burn pretty fast. You know they’re ready if they are lightly browned on top but still moist and fragile.
- Let them cool down and serve simple, dusted with powdered sweetener or drizzle one of my two toppings. Enjoy!
Tip: If you want vegan keto lemon cookies, leave out the egg and one more tablespoon of coconut oil. If your dough looks too dry, add a splash of unsweetened plant-based milk and mix again.
Sugar-Free Lemon Cheesecake Frosting
These cookies are great topped with this creamy lemon frosting that’s a breeze to make and turns them into fancy gluten-free cookies.
All you have to do is to mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well incorporated and creamy. Spread over the cookies and enjoy!
How to Store these Delicious Gluten-free Lemon Cookies
Keep them in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to one week.
If you want your cookies to last longer, freeze them. Make sure you wrap them individually in parchment paper.
More Keto Cookies
- 5 Minute No-Bake Keto Cookies
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Homemade Low Carb Keto Oreo Cookies
- Thick & Soft Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Buttery Sugar-Free Keto Lemon Cookies
SUGAR-FREE CHEESECAKE LEMON FROSTING
- 6 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
SUGAR-FREE LEMON GLAZE
- ¼ cup powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, and whisk for a few minutes until frothy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and continue mixing.
- Over the egg mixture, add lemon zest, almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder. Whisk well until a buttery, and soft batter starts to form.
- Put the cookie dough in the freezer for about 5 minutes. It will become easier to handle.
- Form about 14-15 cookies using your hands and place them onto the baking tray. Flatten the cookies and give them the desired shape as they won’t flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven until beautiful and golden on the outside.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely. You can serve them simple or drizzled with lemon glaze or my sugar-free cheesecake lemon frosting.
- To make the cheesecake lemon frosting: Add all the ingredients into a medium bowl and using an electric mixer, combine all the ingredients until creamy. Adjust the sweetness to taste.
- To make the sugar free lemon glaze: Combine all the ingredients and whisk until the sweetener is dissolved, and the glaze is slightly thicker. Add more sweetener for a thicker glaze.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: