This keto peanut butter fudge is a super-easy dessert recipe that comes together in only 10 minutes. Creamy, decadent, and sugar-free, this low-carb peanut butter fudge recipe is made with only 5 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Calling all peanut butter lovers!! Say hello to our sensational sugar-free keto Peanut Butter Fudge recipe if you’re looking for a treat rich in flavor but low on carbs.
I love peanut butter recipes, and starting from keto peanut butter mousse, no-bake peanut butter pie, peanut butter brownies, and so many others to this Keto Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe, each one is a rich, loaded with nutty flavor and indulgence.
This fudge is no exception, offering a guilt-free treat that’s creamy, sweet, and utterly satisfying without compromising your low-carb lifestyle.
Is there anything more satisfying than thick, creamy fudge? It’s almost unbelievable that this keto peanut butter fudge recipe fulfills your cravings and keeps things healthy!
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
Sure! Peanut butter can fit into a keto diet if it’s natural and doesn’t have added sugars or oils. It’s important to eat it in moderation due to its carb content.
Typically, 2 tablespoons of regular, unsweetened peanut butter have about 4 grams of carbs, while the same amount of sweetened peanut butter can have 15 grams of carbs or more, so always check the label!
What Is Fudge?
Known for its rich, smooth, and dense texture, fudge is a type of confectionery typically made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk or cream, then heating the mixture to a specific temperature and cooling and stirring it to create a crystalline structure. This process gives fudge its characteristic creamy yet firm consistency.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- It’s quick to make, ready in just 10 minutes!
- It’s creamy and rich, making it a satisfying dessert.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- The recipe is flexible! Feel free to add nuts, chocolate chips, or different protein powder flavors to mix it up.
- It’s made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Only 5 ingredients are needed.
- The mix of healthy fats and protein from peanut butter and protein powder helps to keep you full and satisfied.
This delicious sugar-free keto peanut butter fudge recipe is made only from 5 ingredients that are super easy to find in almost any grocery store. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Peanut Butter – try using natural peanut butter that contains 100% peanuts and maybe a touch of salt. Avoid peanut butter with added sugars or hydrogenated oils.
- Butter – contributes to the fudge’s smooth texture and helps bind the other components together.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite low-carb sweetener. Just make sure that it is powdered to avoid that gritty texture.
- Protein Powder –Adding protein powder ups the protein in your fudge, making it a more filling snack. It also helps all the ingredients stick together well. This is really good for those looking to build muscles, control their weight, or just eat more protein.
- Vanilla Extract – used to enhance the overall taste of the fudge.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
This keto peanut butter fudge recipe is very easy to whip up. And because no cooking is needed, it’s great for any period of the year!
Here is everything you need to do:
Prepare The Baking Pan
Start by lining an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing some to overhang for easy removal of the fudge. Set it aside.
Melt The Butter And Peanut Butter
In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter with 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Melt them together in the microwave, using 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval to ensure they meld into a smooth, uniform mixture and avoid any burning.
Once the peanut butter and butter mixture is smooth and well combined, remove it from the microwave.
Gently mix in 2/3 cup of your chosen powdered low-carb sweetener, ensuring it’s well incorporated in the warm mixture.
Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of protein powder to the bowl. Stir well to combine, making sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness, if needed, by adding a bit more sweetener.
Chill and Set
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours or in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the fudge is firm and set.
Once the fudge is set, lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper overhang. Place it on a cutting board and slice it into squares or bars.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Pick the Right Peanut Butter: Use natural peanut butter, the kind with only peanuts and maybe a bit of salt. Skip the ones with added sugars or extra oils.
- Melt Slowly: Melt your ingredients slowly on low heat so nothing burns or gets too hot.
- Mix it well: Stir everything together really well to get rid of any lumps and make it smooth.
- Line the Pan: Put parchment paper in your pan so the fudge doesn’t stick and is easy to take out.
- Let it Cool: Put your fudge in the fridge for a few hours to let it get firm before you try to cut it.
- Taste as You Go: Taste the mix before it cools to see if you want to add more sweetener.
- Add chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pecans for a crunchy texture and extra nutty flavor.
- Add sugar-free chocolate chips to introduce a chocolatey element without adding too many carbs.
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes or salt flakes on top of the fudge.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg for warm, cozy flavors.
- Drizzle homemade salted caramel sauce over the fudge for a decadent touch.
- Add one candied pecan on top of each peanut butter fudge.
- Fridge: you can store this keto peanut butter fudge in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Freezer: If you want to store the fudge for longer, consider freezing it wrapped in plastic wrap or parchment paper and place it in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Frozen keto peanut butter fudge can last for several months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Store This Keto Peanut Butter Fudge At Room Temperature?
Storing this fudge at room temperature might cause it to soften or melt, especially in warmer environments, so I recommend storing it in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain its texture and freshness.
Can I Make This Fudge Bars Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this keto peanut butter fudge recipe can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to enjoy it.
Can I Use Other Nut Butter?
Certainly, many keto recipes are versatile and can be adapted to different nut butter, such as almond butter or cashew butter, while maintaining a low-carb profile.
More Keto Peanut Butter Recipes
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Pie
Keto Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter together until smooth, stirring occasionally to ensure even melting.1 1/2 cup Peanut butter, 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Once melted, remove from heat and mix in the low-carb sweetener, vanilla extract, and protein powder. Taste and adjust the sweetness if needed.2/3 cup Sweetener, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1/4 cup Protein Powder
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the fudge is firm and set.
- Once the fudge is set, place it on a cutting board and slice it into squares or bars.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: