This buttery keto pineapple upside-down cake is delicious, flavorful, and super easy to make. Trust me when I tell you that this dessert will delight you from the first bite since it is fluffy, refreshing, sweet, and sour at the same time.
This upside-down pineapple cake is one of the fanciest and most tasty pineapple desserts I have ever tried. Just think about a combination of a moist cake and pineapple with an exotic look that will take you straight to the thought of a vacation. This recipe must be tried, especially since it is very easy to make!
You can’t even imagine how delicious this keto pineapple upside-down cake can be. My family almost always asks for it as a dessert after a family lunch. It is also very easy to prepare, with ingredients you probably have already in your pantry.
If you love cakes as much as we do, you also need to try our Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake, Keto Chocolate Orange Cake, and Keto Tres Leches Cake. Along with this upside-down pineapple cake, these cake recipes are great to prepare for a party or a holiday to impress all of your guests.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Can We Add Pineapple To Our Keto Recipes?
- Ingredients For This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- How To Make This Delicious Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- Tips For Making The Best Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- Storing Ideas For This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- Tools For Making This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Keto Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s an extremely easy-to-make dessert recipe.
- You can make it ahead of time and enjoy it anytime you have a sweet craving.
- It’s made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Has only 7g net carbs per serving.
- Moist, fluffy, and gluten-free cake recipe.
Can We Add Pineapple To Our Keto Recipes?
We all know that pineapple is not a keto-friendly fruit, so if you are craving fruit, pineapple is not an option if you are following a keto diet. However, we can include small amounts of pineapple in our keto recipes and ensure that we calculate our carb consumption.
Ingredients For This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
You can find all ingredients for this delicious keto cake at your local grocery store or order them online. You will be impressed that such a fancy cake requires only a few easy ingredients.
For The Bottom Layer
- Butter – make sure you use unsalted butter at room temperature to mix well.
- Brown Sweetener –The best sweetener for replicating granulated brown sugar is brown sugar replacement with allulose.
- Pineapple – You can use either fresh or canned pineapple.
- Raspberries – Fresh ones are the best, but you can also use frozen ones.
For The Cake Batter
- Almond & Coconut Flour – This cake recipe is made with almond flour and coconut flour, complementing each other and providing a light and fluffy texture.
- Butter – always unsalted butter, and if you want a dairy-free option, you can use coconut or avocado oil instead.
- Sweetener – I used powdered Erythritol for this recipe, but Monk Fruit sweetener or Allulose would also work.
- Eggs – to avoid that eggy taste, make sure you use room-temperature eggs.
- Almond Milk – It gives moisture to baked desserts and is perfect for dairy-free baking.
- Vanilla Extract – make sure you use the best quality vanilla extract you can find.
- Baking Powder – This ingredient helps the cake batter rise and become fluffy.
- Salt – helps to enhance all the flavors.
How To Make This Delicious Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
This recipe may look too fancy, but you’ll be surprised to see how easy it is to make it. Here is everything you have to do:
- Mix the softened butter and brown sugar substitution until light and fluffy. Then line the bottom of the baking pan with parchment paper and add the butter mixture.
- Cut the pineapple into thin slices and as evenly as possible. To cover the entire bottom of the tray, you can cut the last two pineapple slices in half, then place a raspberry in the center of each pineapple slice.
Make The Cake Batter
- Add all the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix them for about two minutes.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Now you can add the butter and mix until everything is well combined.
Bake The Cake
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple slices and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
Tips For Making The Best Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- Before flipping your cake, I recommended to let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- You can replace the vanilla extract with pineapple extract for a great flavor.
- A great idea for this cake is to make it in small springform pans for a cute single-serving version perfect for a party.
- You can replace raspberries with your favorite berries or skip them.
Storing Ideas For This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
If there are any leftovers, you can store them covered in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
This cake can also be frozen. Allow it to cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap and tin foil and freezing for one month. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then bring to room temperature before serving.
Tools For Making This Keto Pineapple Upside-down Cake
- A mixing bowl.
- A mixer.
- A sharp knife and cutting board.
- Baking tray.
- Silicone spatula.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Pineapple Keto-Friendly?
Pineapple is not Keto-friendly because it contains a lot of sugar and a large amount of carbs.
How to prevent a keto pineapple upside-down cake from becoming soggy?
Most cakes of this type become too soggy due to the pineapple juice, so I recommend using fresh pineapple, and if you use canned pineapple, make sure you drain the liquid extremely well.
Keto Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
For The Bottom Layer
- 3 tbsp Softened Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Sweetener
- 3 rings of Pineapple
- 3-6 Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Pat dry each pineapple ring with absorbent paper to remove extra juice that could release into the cake while baking.
- Prepare the bottom layer. Mix the softened butter and brown sweetener until creamy.
- Use a silicone spatula to spread the creamy mixture over the bottom and sides of a non-stick springform pan. Then set aside.
- Arrange the pineapple ring all over the bottom of the pan and place a raspberry in the center of each ring.
- Set aside the pan at room temperature.
- Prepare the cake batter. Mix the dry ingredients and stir to break any almond flour lumps.
- Mix the butter and sweetener for about 3 minutes until creamy using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and continue mixing, then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 10 even slices and enjoy!!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: