This high protein low carb pizza crust recipe needs only 2 ingredients. Enjoy a keto pizza crust with almost zero carbs, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect with any toppings.
Learn how to make the easiest keto pizza crust without fathead dough. Even though I love fathead pizza, sometimes I need a pizza alternative that’s quicker to make and has fewer calories.
Even since I discovered this recipe, I use this protein pizza crust for everything. Cut in half and use as “bread” for sandwiches. Delicious!
This recipe is incredibly tasty, has no eggy taste. You’ll have to trust me on this. I guess that yolks are responsible for the eggy taste in some keto recipes.
A great keto pizza needs the best grain-free crust. I like a crispy edges crust, that holds together, but it’s still soft and chewy. This homemade low carb pizza crust has it all plus more.
- Why is this the Best Keto Pizza Crust?
- Keto Pizza Crust Ingredients
- How To Make Keto Pizza Crust?
- Keto Pizza Topping Ideas
- Can You Replace Protein Powder?
- Looking For More Low Carb Pizza Recipes? Try These:
- High Protein Low Carb Pizza Crust – 20 Minute Keto Pizza
Why is this the Best Keto Pizza Crust?
- only 2 ingredients keto crust
- easy to make in under 15 minutes from start to finish
- delicious with any of your favorite toppings
- zero carbs – there isn’t any other pizza crust with so little ingredients and so close to zero carbs
- low calorie – this crust has only 120 calories
- loaded with protein – over 30g protein is only in this low carb pizza crust.
- super crispy edges
Keto Pizza Crust Ingredients
It’s incredible how this grain-free pizza crust is made using only two ingredients, no mozzarella, almond flour, or coconut flour. This low calorie pizza crust has become our to go meal for dinner, and everyone loves it.
Depending on the toppings used, you can enjoy the whole pizza on your own, and that’s a very generous and large serving size. The leftovers (if any!) are perfect to enjoy the next day.
Here are the 2 ingredients needed to make this delicious keto pizza recipe for dinner:
- egg whites can’t be replaced with flax eggs since you have to beat them until peaks form. It’s an essential ingredient that gives the crust structure and makes it super airy.
- protein powder – instead of using regular flour or low carb alternatives, we use a zero carb unflavored protein powder that makes the pizza crust crispy on the edges.
Yes, there’s no cauliflower either! Just 2 ingredients to make a magical zero-carb pizza crust.
How To Make Keto Pizza Crust?
Now that you’ve seen the ingredients needed for the crust, let me show you how incredibly easy it is to turn them into this keto pizza base:
- Separate the eggs, and place the egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use either an electric mixer or a stand mixer to make your life easier.
- Incorporate the protein powder and shape the mixture into a 9 inch round.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges look golden brown and the top is set to touch.
Keto Pizza Topping Ideas
When it comes to pizza toppings I like to keep things simple and use a good tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, and salami.
- Cheeseburger – cheddar cheese, cooked ground beef, red onion, topped with chopped iceberg salad, tomato, and pickle pieces.
- BBQ Meatlovers – bbq sauce, shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, bacon, ham, beef mince, ham.
- Hot and spicy – spicy salami, mozzarella, jalapenos, onions, hot sauce.
- Ricotta, cherry tomato, baby spinach
- Olives, feta, red peppers
- Sauteed, turkey sausage
- Cherry tomatoes, feta, basil, onion
Can You Replace Protein Powder?
The only ingredient you can use in place of protein powder is egg white powder. Don’t try to use coconut flour or almond flour, as it won’t work in this recipe.
Looking For More Low Carb Pizza Recipes? Try These:
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Zero Carb Chicken Pizza Crust – Keto & Low-Carb
- 10-minute Portobello Keto Pizza – Low Carb Mushroom Crust
- Keto Fruit Pizza with Cream Cheese Frosting – 4g net carbs!
High Protein Low Carb Pizza Crust – 20 Minute Keto Pizza
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup protein powder or egg white powder
- Optional: 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Toppings: Pizza Sauce, Pepperoni slices, Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/205°C. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the egg whites. Using an electric mixer, beat until very stiff peaks form.
- Add the protein powder and continue mixing until well incorporated. Add your seasonings if using.
- Spoon the mixture and shape it into a 9-inch diameter round.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges look golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the toppings. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
is there anything you can replace the protein powder with ?
In this specific recipe, I recommend to stick with the written recipe without making any substitutions. If you want to make pizza without protein powder, I recommend trying my keto pizza recipe with fathead dough.
What brand of zero carb unflavored protein powder do you recommend?