This keto pumpkin roll is one of my favorite autumn dessert recipes. Loaded with pumpkin spices, make the best sugar-free pumpkin roll that is gluten-free, low in carbs, and super quick with just a few ingredients.
Learn how to prepare the best keto pumpkin roll recipe this fall season. Made from a moist, fluffy pumpkin cake and then stuffed with airy cream cheese frosting, this keto pumpkin roll will be the star of your Thanksgiving dinner table.
We’re officially into the pumpkin season, and what’s better than some sweet treats loaded with pumpkin flavors? If you love these desserts as much as we do, you must try our pumpkin pie, keto pumpkin mousse, or keto pumpkin spice latte.
After just one bite, you will love this sugar-free pumpkin roll. And even if it looks so impressive and complicated, it’s actually super easy to prepare! Trust me when I say that this pumpkin roll is a breeze to make.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Ingredients For This Keto Pumpkin Roll
- How To Make This Keto Pumpkin Roll
- Tips For Making The Best Keto Pumpkin Roll
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Keto Pumpkin Desserts
- Keto Pumpkin Roll
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Loaded with pumpkin flavors.
- It’s a fun recipe to make with your kids.
- Gluten-free and completely sugar-free.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Has only 4g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For This Keto Pumpkin Roll
This delicious sugar-free pumpkin roll calls for just a few easy-to-find ingredients. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Cake
Almond&Coconut Flour – I love using this mix of keto flour because it helps the cake to get that fluffy and airy texture.
Baking Powder – helps the cake rise and become fluffy.
Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite sweeteners, such as erythritol or monk fruit.
Xanthan Gum – It will improve this cake’s texture making it more flexible and easier to roll.
Eggs – use room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy flavor and taste.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – use my recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice, or you can buy it from home.
Pumpkin Puree – if you buy it, make sure it has only one ingredient: pumpkin. You can also choose to make it at home.
Vanilla Extract – use the best quality for a boost of flavor.
Salt – is used to enhance the flavors.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
Cream Cheese – use full-fat softened cream cheese to mix well without creating lumps.
Butter – you will need room-temperature unsalted butter.
Sweetener – use your favorite sweetener as long as it’s powdered to combine well into the filling.
Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find.
How To Make This Keto Pumpkin Roll
This keto pumpkin roll is super easy to make by following a few simple steps. So, even though it appears to be a lot of effort to prepare it, it’s not that complicated. Here is what you have to do:
Make The Cake
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to a small bowl, and mix for about 3 minutes.
- In another different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until the batter is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread the batter evenly.
- Bake the cake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll the cake tightly using the parchment paper’s short side, then let it cool for 30 minutes.
Make The Frosting
- Add all the ingredients for the frosting to a bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
Assemble The Pumpkin Roll
- When the cake is completely cooled, unroll it and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly, leaving a 1-inch space around the edges.
- Roll the cake again, being careful to roll it tightly. Store it in the fridge for at least 1 hour, then slice it and enjoy!!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Pumpkin Roll
- Add some sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter.
- You can also add chopped nuts, such as pecans, to the batter for some extra crunch.
- Use room-temperature eggs to reduce that eggy flavor.
- Fridge – this keto pumpkin roll can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – you can also freeze this sweet pumpkin treat; put the pumpkin roll on a plate lined with parchment paper in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Once the roll is completely frozen, take it from the freezer and wrap it with plastic foil, then store it in the fridge for up to 2 months.
To defrost it, unwrap the cake and place it in the fridge overnight before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Prevent The Pumpkin Roll From Cracking?
The key is to roll the cake up in the parchment paper as soon as it comes out of the oven to avoid the cake roll shattering.
A warm cake should roll up easily without cracking since it’s still soft and pliable.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, another great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
More Keto Pumpkin Desserts
Keto Pumpkin Roll
For The Cake:
Make The Keto Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Then in another large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones until completely incorporated.
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Using a silicone spatula, spread the cake batter evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, roll the cake tight and let it cool completely.
Make The Cream Cheese Filling:
- Before making the frosting, ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Add the ingredients for the filling to a bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
Assemble The Keto Pumpkin Roll
- After the cake has fully cooled, unroll the cake gently and spread the filling over the cake using a silicone spatula, leaving a 1-inch space all around.
- Roll the cake back up, keeping it tight but not too tight so the filling won’t spill over the sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, before slicing it.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: