This keto pumpkin roll is one of my favorite autumn dessert recipes. Loaded with pumpkin spices, make the best sugar-free pumpkin roll that is gluten-free, low in carbs, and super quick with just a few ingredients.
Learn how to prepare the best keto pumpkin roll recipe this fall season. This masterpiece starts with a moist and airy pumpkin cake, but here’s the twist – it’s rolled up with the fluffiest cream cheese frosting you can imagine.
Get ready, because this keto pumpkin roll is about to become the absolute star of your Thanksgiving feast. Get ready to fall in love with every bite! 🍁🍰🍂🎃
Imagine a burst of pumpkin pie spice goodness wrapped up in a roll that’s not only sugar-free but also a total rockstar for being gluten-free and low in carbs. And guess what? You won’t believe how easy it is to whip up, using just a handful of kitchen staples.
We’re officially into the pumpkin season, and what’s better than some sweet treats loaded with pumpkin flavors? If you love these desserts as much as we do, you must try our pumpkin pie, keto pumpkin mousse, or keto pumpkin spice latte.
After just one bite, you will love this sugar-free pumpkin roll. And even if it looks so impressive and complicated, it’s actually super easy to prepare! Trust me when I say that this pumpkin roll is a breeze to make.
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Loaded with pumpkin flavors.
- It’s a fun recipe to make with your kids.
- Gluten-free and completely sugar-free.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Has only 4g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For This Keto Pumpkin Roll
This delicious sugar-free pumpkin roll calls for just a few easy-to-find ingredients. Here is a list of everything you will need:
For The Cake
Almond Flour and Coconut Flour – This duo of keto flours is like a secret weapon in creating the delightful texture of our cake. Blending them together results in a cake that’s wonderfully fluffy and airy, giving each bite a satisfying lightness.
Baking Powder – Baking powder adds that magical rise to the cake.
Sweetener – Feel free to use your favorite sweeteners, such as erythritol or monk fruit.
Xanthan Gum – It will improve this cake’s texture making it more flexible and easier to roll.
Eggs – Use room-temperature eggs to avoid that eggy flavor and taste.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – Here, you have a choice – either use our homemade pumpkin pie spice blend for that personal touch or opt for a trusted store-bought version. Either way, this blend of aromatic spices encapsulates the essence of the season.
Pumpkin Puree – The heart and soul of this creation, the pumpkin puree brings that unmistakable pumpkin flavor to the forefront. Make sure it’s a puree with just one ingredient: pumpkin. You can also make it yourself for that extra layer of satisfaction.
Vanilla Extract – When it comes to flavor, quality matters. A dash of the finest vanilla extract elevates the taste experience, infusing every morsel with a fragrant warmth.
Salt – used to enhance the flavors.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
Cream Cheese – The star of the filling, full-fat softened cream cheese brings that luscious creaminess to the table. It’s the canvas for all the other flavors to shine on.
Butter – Room-temperature unsalted butter is required, working hand in hand with the cream cheese to create a filling that’s velvety smooth, and irresistibly rich.
Sweetener – Opt for a powdered version of your preferred sweetener. Its role is crucial in ensuring the filling is beautifully sweetened and harmoniously integrated.
Vanilla Extract – The quality of the vanilla extract shines again, infusing the filling with its signature warmth.
How To Make This Keto Pumpkin Roll
This keto pumpkin roll is super easy to make by following a few simple steps. So, even though it appears to be a lot of effort to prepare it, it’s not that complicated. Here is what you have to do:
Make The Cake
Mix Up the Good Stuff: Grab a small bowl and toss in the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Give it a good mix for around 3 minutes until it’s all smooth and happy.
Dry Ingredients Unite: In a different bowl, get all your dry ingredients in there and give them a good stir until they’re buddies.
Blend it All: Now, take the wet mix and the dry mix and give them a friendly mingle until they form this awesome batter.
Lay it Out: Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread that amazing batter all nice and even.
Time to Bake: Pop that baking sheet into the oven that’s already having a good time at the right temperature. Let it do its thing for about 10 minutes. Once it’s all baked and awesome, take it out and let it chill for 5 minutes.
Roll Call: Roll that cake up nice and tight, starting from the short side. Then, let it chill for about 30 minutes to get its act together.
Make The Frosting
Add all the ingredients for the frosting to a bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
Assemble The Pumpkin Roll
When the cake is completely cooled, unroll it and spread the cream cheese mixture evenly, leaving a 1-inch space around the edges.
Roll up that cake again, but this time make sure it’s snug and cozy, not too tight though. Then, let it hang out in the fridge for at least an hour so it’s all set to be sliced and devoured!
Tips and Variations
- Parchment Paper Placement: Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a bit of overhang. This makes it easier to lift and roll the cake.
- Gentle Rolling: When rolling the cake, use a light touch. Roll it snugly but not too tight to prevent cracking.
- Chill for Easy Rolling: Letting the rolled cake chill for around 30 minutes helps it retain its shape and makes it easier to handle.
- Room-Temperature Eggs: Using room-temperature eggs ensures better mixing and a smoother batter. Take them out of the fridge ahead of time.
- Add Nuts: For some added crunch, sprinkle finely chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds over the cream cheese filling before rolling.
- Chocolate Twist: Incorporate sugar-free chocolate chips into the cream cheese filling or use a keto chocolate frosting.
- Fridge – Place the keto pumpkin roll in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent the cake from drying out and store for 3-5 days.
- Freezer – Wrap the rolled cake tightly in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil, and place it in the freezer. To thaw, transfer the cake to the refrigerator and let it defrost overnight. Freezing may affect the texture slightly, but it will still be delicious. Store it in the fridge for up to 2 months.
To defrost it, unwrap the cake and place it in the fridge overnight before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Prevent The Pumpkin Roll From Cracking?
The key is to roll the cake up in the parchment paper as soon as it comes out of the oven to avoid the cake roll shattering.
A warm cake should roll up easily without cracking since it’s still soft and pliable.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, another great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
More Keto Pumpkin Desserts
Keto Pumpkin Roll
For The Cake:
Make The Keto Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 175°C.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture until fully incorporated.
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Using a silicone spatula, evenly spread the cake batter onto the parchment paper-lined pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, gently roll the cake and parchment paper into a tight cylinder. Let the rolled cake cool completely.
Make The Cream Cheese Filling:
- Before making the frosting, ensure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened unsalted butter, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Mix until the mixture is creamy and well combined.
Assemble The Keto Pumpkin Roll
- After the cake has fully cooled, unroll the cake gently and spread the filling over the cake using a silicone spatula, leaving a 1-inch space all around.
- Gently roll the cake again, applying gentle pressure to create a compact roll. Be cautious not to press too firmly to prevent the filling from spilling over the sides.
- Refrigerate the rolled cake for at least 1 hour, or overnight, before slicing and serving.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: