Made with only a few ingredients, these sugar free chocolate chips are a great keto and low carb alternative to chocolate baking chips. With only 2g net carbs per serving, these keto chocolate chips are the best for making your favorite keto dessert.
Finding completely sugar-free chocolate chips made with healthy ingredients is quite difficult and can be super expensive.
However, this recipe is quite simple, and it’s also sugar-free, the perfect staple for keto desserts such as keto honey, condensed milk, or maple syrup.
How often have you tried to make a simple recipe that requires such simple ingredients and realized that you still ran out of an ingredient? It happened to me many times, and most of the time, it was keto chocolate chips. Whether I chose to make some muffins or cookies, I never had chocolate chips on hand.
I decided to make my own chocolate chips at home because I bake many recipes for us and this keto blog. Yes, it is true. Fortunately, you can make the best keto chocolate chips at home with just a few simple ingredients and a little patience!
While you can get stevia sweetened or sugar-free chocolate chips from the store, it gets expensive, and I need tons of them. It’s easier to make a double batch, store it in the fridge, and use it in my baking.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Completely sugar-free and perfect for baking
- You can double the recipe and store these chocolate chips until you are ready to use them.
- Easy to make with 4 ingredients
- Stable at room temperature
- Super rich, sweet, and delicious
Ingredients For Keto Chocolate Chips
Only five ingredients are required to create these delicious keto chocolate chips that are easy to make. Here is everything you need to make them:
- Cocoa Butter – this ingredient gives that creamy texture and richness to your chocolate chips. Cocoa butter is also used to give that cocoa flavor and aroma.
- Dark Chocolate – make sure that you are using unsweetened chocolate.
- Vanilla Extract – use the best quality vanilla extract that you can find for an intense flavor.
- Sweetener – feel free to use your favorite sweetener; make sure that it is a powdered one to combine well.
How To Make These Delicious Keto Chocolate Chips
Once you see how easy it is to make these keto chocolate chips, you will never want to buy them from the store anymore. So here is everything you have to do:
- Start by chopping the chocolate into small pieces.
- Then, melt the chocolate and cocoa butter on a double boiler or the microwave, being careful not to overheat it.
- Now you can add the rest of the ingredients and mix them well.
- Pour the chocolate melted mixture into the chocolate molds and refrigerate them for at least one hour.
- When the chocolate chips are hardened, remove them from the mold and store them or use them in your favorite keto desserts!
Tips For Making The Best Keto Chocolate Chips
- Before pouring the mixture into the molds, taste it. If the sweetness isn’t sweet enough for you, you can add another teaspoon of powdered sweetener.
- If you’re having difficulties getting the chips out of the molds, put them back in the fridge for a few minutes to chill down.
How To Use These Keto Chocolate Chips
- You can use them to make some keto hot chocolate.
- They are perfect for baking a keto dessert.
- You can melt the chocolate chips and use them as topping for keto protein bars.
- They are perfect for keto pancakes.
- Fridge: You can store these keto chocolate chips in an airtight container or a ziplock bag for one month.
- Freezer: These keto chocolate chips can also be stored in the freezer for two months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Chocolate Keto-Friendly?
Most store-bought chocolate bars aren’t keto-friendly because they’re loaded with sugar and other high-carb ingredients. Any dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa content, on the other hand, may fit within a low-carb diet. You should avoid any high-sugar milk and white chocolate.
Are These Chocolate Chips Keto?
Sure, these chocolate chips are great for a keto diet, and not only since they are made with naturally low-carb ingredients. So feel free to use them for your favorite keto dessert.
Can I Make These Keto Chocolate Chips With Different Flavors?
Sure, instead of using vanilla extract, feel free to use your favorite flavors like orange or mint.
Can I Make These Keto Chocolate Chips If I Don’t Have An Silicone Mold?
Sure, you can still make these keto chocolate chips if you don’t have a silicone mold. Instead, you can use a tray with baking paper, and once the chocolate chips harden, you can remove them and store them in an airtight container.
Keto Chocolate Chips Recipes
Here are our favorite keto recipes that are made with chocolate chips. Please choose your favorite ones and tell us how they came out:
- Flourless Almond Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Keto Hazelnut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Best Keto Blondies
- Super Moist Double Chocolate Keto Pound Cake
- Keto Banana Bread
- Keto Double Chocolate Muffins
Homemade Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter chopped
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener allulose or erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add the cacao butter and melt on a double boiler or the microwave. Stir constantly until completely melted.
- Mix in the powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate melted mixture into the chocolate molds and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Release the chocolate chips from the molds and store in an airtight container. Use them in your favorite low carb desserts.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: