If you’re following a keto diet, smoothies are usually out of question – but we have some great news! You can still enjoy smoothies made with low-carb and healthy ingredients while on the keto diet. We created for you a list of 17 keto smoothie recipes that are both low carb and completely keto-friendly.
Fruit and sweeteners such as honey are common ingredients in traditional smoothie recipes. They are high in antioxidants, but they are generally low in protein and fat. In addition, these snacks seldom keep you full for long since natural fruit fibers are crushed in the blender (making them more digestible, raising blood sugar faster).
Just because you’re on a keto diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some delectable smoothie. While some foods are difficult to include on the keto diet (think carby pasta or heavy sweets), you don’t have to give up your morning smoothie because your diet is based on eating low carb and high fat. So if you are on the road, a simple on-the-go morning meal and afternoon snack are still possibilities.
Smoothies with high-carb ingredients like fruits, yogurt, honey, and milk don’t generally fit into the keto diet because they have way too many carbs. This might be a problem for those who rely on smoothies for a quick and nutritious breakfast or snack.
- 4 Steps To Create The Perfect Keto Smoothie
- Keto Chocolate Smoothie
- Keto Fruit Smoothie
- Keto Green Smoothie
- Another Smoothie Recipes
4 Steps To Create The Perfect Keto Smoothie
Smoothies are really fast to make and taste so delicious. Just follow the next steps to make the perfect keto smoothie.
- Choose a Keto Smoothie Liquid Base – Always start with pouring liquid into your blender. That’s the way fewer of your smoothie components will stick to the edges of the blender. Here are some great ideas for a keto smoothie base: almond milk, coconut milk, tea, coffee, water. Just make sure they are all unsweetened and have a clean list of ingredients.
- Add Keto Fats for More Creaminess – actually, this step is optional but will help you to boost your smoothie with the greatest taste. Avocado, coconut oil, coconut cream, or almond butter are some great options.
- Decide Your Smoothie Flavor – The fact that you can make your smoothie into your favorite flavor is one of the best thing about them. And there are so many options: blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, natural peanut butter, and so many others.
- Decorate With Your Favorite Toppings – That’s one of my favorite part. Using colorful and delicious toppings for my smoothie is making the smoothie look fancy and delicious. These are my favorites toppings: berries, chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, and poppy seeds.
Keto Chocolate Smoothie
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Keto Chocolate Smoothie
Keto Smoothie Bowl
Keto Chocolate Mint Shake
Keto Chocolate Almond Protein Shake
Keto Fruit Smoothie
Our Favorite Triple Berry Smoothie
Keto Raspberry Smoothie
Keto Avocado Raspberry Smoothie
Keto Blueberry Smoothie
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie
High Protein Keto Strawberry Smoothie – Super Thick & Creamy!
Keto Green Smoothie
Green Keto Smoothie
Keto Smoothie – Healthy Green Detox Low Carb Smoothie
Low Carb Cucumber Green Tea Detox Smoothie
Another Smoothie Recipes
Creamy Keto Cinnamon Smoothie
Keto Cinnamon Roll Smoothie Recipe
Fat-Burning Vanilla Keto Smoothie
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: