This keto taco casserole is loaded with the best Mexican flavours, tender ground beef, and delicious cheddar cheese. Super easy to assemble, this it’s a family favourite comfort food for busy days.
Made from simple ingredients, this keto casserole recipe it’s the ideal keto recipe for a busy weeknight dinner that everyone in my family loves.
If you love tacos as much as we do and are looking for a healthier version, this recipe is for you since it has everything you love in tacos. Loaded with vegetables and delicious flavors, this keto taco casserole is super easy to make and tastes exactly like the real thing.
This recipe for keto taco casserole recipe is super meaty, cheesy, salty, and sweet in equal measure. You won’t miss the tortilla since it has everything you need. Trust me when I tell you that it is one of the most delicious casserole recipes ever.
We love casserole recipes since they are super easy to make and taste incredibly delicious. So when we are out of ideas for what to prepare for dinner, we always prepare one of our casserole recipes like Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, Million Dolar Chicken Casserole, or Keto Cheeseburger Casserole.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ingredients For Keto Taco Casserole
- How To Make Keto Taco Casserole
- Serving Ideas
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Keto Casserole Recipes
- Keto Taco Casserole
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s a budget-friendly recipe.
- It’s a freezer-friendly recipe.
- It’s super easy to make with just a few naturally low-carb ingredients
- Loaded with delicious flavors.
- A great recipe for meal prep to enjoy on those busy days.
Ingredients For Keto Taco Casserole
Once you see how easy and few ingredients are required to make this delicious taco casserole, you will want to make it over and over again. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Ground Beef – I used 85% lean meat to avoid that excess fat once it is done cooking.
- Onion – you will need one medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Pepper – feel free to use your favorite pepper.
- Taco Seasoning – you can buy it or make it at home to avoid those with high in carbs ingredients.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Can Diced Tomatoes – make sure you read the label before buying them to avoid those with added sugar.
- Cheddar Cheese – buy a block of cheddar cheese and shred it.
- Eggs – help everything to bind together.
- Milk – feel free to use any milk you like.
- Sour Cream – you can replace it with greek yogurt if you want.
- Jalapeno – you can skip it if you don’t like spicy food.
How To Make Keto Taco Casserole
Although it seems quite complicated, you will be surprised to see that it is super easy to prepare. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preheating the oven from 350°F/ 180°C.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the chopped pepper and onion and cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Season with taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and water, and let it simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray, then spread the taco meat evenly on the bottom.
- Add the eggs, milk, and sour cream to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the beef mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the taco casserole from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing it.
I like to serve this keto taco casserole simple as it is, but you can also pair it with many side dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Fridge – you can store the leftovers in an airtight container for 5 days.
You can reheat it in the microwave on 50% power for a gentle reheat.
- Freezer – this recipe is also freezer-friendly. Let the leftovers cool completely, then wrap them in plastic foil and store it in the freezer for up to one month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe With Other Type Of Meat?
Use your favorite ground meat, like turkey or chicken. You can also use leftovers of hamburger patties and chop them before assembling the casserole.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this keto taco casserole is great for making it ahead of time. So, prepare this recipe as we did in this recipe, but instead of baking it, cover it with plastic wrap, and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days until you are ready to enjoy it.
More Keto Casserole Recipes
- The Most Delicious Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Veggie-Loaded Breakfast Casserole – 4g Carbs
- Best Zucchini Casserole – Super Creamy and Cheesy
Keto Taco Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C. Grease a 7×11-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until no longer pink.
- Next, add the pepper and chopped onion. Saute for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange taco meat to the bottom of the casserole dish, and spread it evenly.
- Add the eggs, milk, and sour cream to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread the egg mixture over the beef mixture and top with shredded Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the eggs are firm.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: