This Million Dollar Chicken casserole is the definition of comfort food. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it comes together super quickly. The chicken breast is topped with a creamy mixture of cheese, and crispy bacon, then roasted until juicy and creamy.
When it comes to quick weeknight dinners, casseroles are always the answer. Just like this chicken bacon ranch casserole or my cheeseburger casserole, this million chicken bake takes just 5 minutes to whip up and less than 40 minutes to bake in the oven. So Easy!
This chicken casserole recipe requires ingredients that I’m sure you always have on hand. So even if I’m in a rush, I can mix them together and provide a low-carb dinner that everyone loves.
- Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- How To Make Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- Tips and Variations
- Storing Ideas For This Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- How To Serve Million Dollar Chicken
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Chicken Recipes
- Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Ingredients
It’s super quick to prepare this chicken recipe, and you need just a few ingredients that, when combined together, yield the best recipe:
- Chicken Breast – This recipe calls for chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless chicken thighs instead.
- Cream Cheese – Before mixing everything together, make sure it’s at room temperature.
- Mayonnaise – this ingredient gives that velvety texture to the dish.
- Crispy Bacon – You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. This is how I love to cook bacon in the oven.
- Green Onions – you can also use some chives or chopped parsley.
- Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese – are two of my favorite cheeses that pair incredibly with chicken. Feel free to use Colby jack or your favorite shredded cheese.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
How To Make Million Dollar Chicken Bake
To prepare this delicious million-dollar chicken bake, you have to follow just a few simple, easy steps. Here is everything you have to do:
- Make the cheese mixture: Start by mixing the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon crumbles, green onion, and the cheese until well combined.
- Assemble the casserole: Season the chicken breasts with salt and Pepper. You can also season the chicken with Chicken seasoning for even more flavor. Place the seasoned chicken breast onto the bottom of a baking dish. Top with the cheese mixture over them. Sprinkle with more shredded cheese.
- Bake the casserole: Bake for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven at 350F or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy: Serve immediately garnished with more bacon and green onions.
Tips and Variations
- Try using chicken breasts of the same size, so they cook evenly.
- I recommend covering your casserole with aluminum foil to keep the moisture in the dish and ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Add some vegetables to your million-dollar chicken bake, like red bell peppers, steamed broccoli, or cauliflower.
Storing Ideas For This Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- Fridge – Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer – Freezing is another excellent option for storing this chicken casserole. Freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container or an airtight container. Then, reheat in the oven before serving.
How To Serve Million Dollar Chicken
You can serve this million-dollar chicken bake with a low-carb side dish. Here are some of my favorite side dishes:
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini With Parmesan
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance. Make the recipe as indicated, but instead of baking it, place it on a baking pan, cover it with plastic wrap, and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead Of Chicken Breast?
Sure, you can also use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. However, depending on their thickness, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
How Can I Tell When My Million Dollar Chicken Bake Is Done?
Use an instant-read meat thermometer or a probe thermometer to determine if your chicken is done. Chicken is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
More Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe (20 minutes!)
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F/ 180˚C and grease a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, crumbled bacon, chopped green onion, and half of the cheese.
- Place the chicken breast in the prepared baking dish in a single layer. Top with the creamy cheese mixture and the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked and reaches 165˚F internal temperature.
- Garnish with more crispy bacon and green onions, if desired!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: