This Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe is incredibly creamy, cheesy and full of delicious bacon. It’s definitely a family friendly dinner that happens to be good for the keto diet because it’s super low in carbs.
I love cooking easy and quick meals with an Instant Pot. You only have to throw in the ingredients and it magically cooks the food.
While I enjoy spending time in the kitchen, creating delicious recipes for my family there are very busy days in which all I want is a warm and quick recipe. Of course, delicious is one important factor, so this keto crack chicken recipe is definitely a winner for our weeknights dinner.
What is Crack Chicken?
This crack chicken is the perfect combo of shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and homemade keto ranch seasoning. It’s definitely an incredibly addictive meal and everyone keeps asking for more. You’ll end up easting the most cream, richest meal with tons of flavor in each bite.
How to make Instant Pot keto crack chicken?
- Chicken – I used chicken breast but this recipe is so delicious with boneless/ skinless chicken thighs.
- Cheese – The quality of the ingredients is so important as a high-quality cheddar cheese will intensify the taste. Feel free to replace the cheddar cheese with low moisture Mozzarella, Pepper Jack Cheese or Provolone. You’ll also need a high-fat cream cheese, we don’t want low fat here.
- Keto Ranch Seasoning – To make this keto seasoning mix you have to combine all the ingredients listed below in the recipe card together. I prefer making ranch seasoning at home to avoid all the unnecessary and unhealthy ingredients. Often store-bought ranch seasoning contains Maltodextrin (worse than sugar), Monosodium Glutamate (enhances the flavor but very toxic for the body), Starches, etc.
- Chicken broth – Water will work fine too but chicken broth adds so much extra flavor to the instant pot crack chicken.
- Bacon – I always read the ingredients link of the products I but, so I can avoid the sugars and nitrites that are often added to the processed foods.
- Instant Pot – I own a medium 6 quart Instant Pot, so that’s what I use for my recipes.
How to make Crack Chicken in a Slow Cooker or Crock Pot?
- To make Crack Chicken in a slow cooker add the chicken, cream cheese, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to cook for 8 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks or your favorite method
- Add the chicken back to the pot and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet or the oven until crispy. Let it cool and then mix it with the chicken.
- Serve the keto crack chicken with some low carb buns topped with green onions, bacon, and shredded cheddar.
How to Serve Keto Crack Chicken?
I’m going to show you my favorite way to enjoy this delicious recipe to keep it keto and low carb:
- Serve with keto buns or keto bread.
- Inside a low carb wrap or lettuce wraps.
- On top of steamed zucchini noodles or spinach.
- Enjoy it as it is with a fork straight from the pot.
- As a dip for celery or keto tortilla chips.
There are tons of different ways to enjoy crack chicken. What’s yours?
Easy Crack Chicken Recipe - Instant Post or Slow Cooker - Keto Low-Carb
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts about 2 pounds
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Instructions
- Chop the bacon into small pieces. Set the instant pot to the saute mode. Add the bacon and cook until it starts to brown. Transfer the bacon to a plate, drain the fat and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Press "Cancel" to stop the Saute Mode.
- Add the chicken breast, cream cheese, chicken broth, and all the seasoning into the pot. Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 15 minutes, then 10 minutes Natural Release. Turn off the heat and release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and a third of the bacon pieces. Combine until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with keto buns, topped with extra bacon bits, cheese, and green onions.