This Keto Cheesecake is the creamiest, smoothest, easiest, silkiest, dessert recipe baked in the oven that’s always a hit. I will give you all the tips & tricks to make a perfect sugar-free cheesecake every time. On top of that, it has only 5g net carbs for a slice, crust included!
I know that making homemade cheesecake sounds intimidating. It’s a classic dessert that’s in fact super easy to make if you follow a few easy steps. Trust me when I say this cheesecake is dreamy. You’ll enjoy a slice of the creamiest cheesecake with a buttery low carb crust.
This recipe comes with lots of tips and tricks that will help you get the best Keto Cheesecake from the first attempt.
Watch the step-by-step video below to see exactly how to make it!
The Perfect Keto Cheesecake Recipe
It took me a while to perfect this recipe even if it has only a few ingredients such as cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, sour cream, vanilla extract. It was worth waiting because I love to share with you the perfected and tried version!
There’s no need for a water bath – probably one of the reasons I’ve always avoided to make cheesecake at home. The secret is to cook it on a low temperature and read my tips for a super creamy and crack-less cheesecake.
Gluten-Free Low Carb Cheesecake Ingredients
The ingredients list is very short – only 8 common ingredients are needed for this delicious keto cheesecake
To make the gluten-free crust you will need:
- Almond flour
- Powdered Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
For the sugar-free, gluten-free cheesecake filling
- Cream Cheese,
- Powdered Sweetener
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla extract
These are the ingredients for the classic cheesecake that everyone will love.
Tips For Making The Perfect Keto Cheesecake
Use Room Temperature Ingredients
Almost every cheesecake recipe calls for “room temperature” cream cheese – but I recommend using only room temperature ingredients, so they blend beautifully together and deliver a smooth and creamy cheesecake filling.
If you forgot to soften cream cheese here’s what you can do: Add your cream cheese bricks in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-30—second until softened, but not hot.
Use full-fat cream cheese (around 33% fat) and sour cream. Philadelphia is the best cream cheese for cheesecake
Take It Easy On The Eggs
Avoid overbeating the egg because it can ruin your cheesecake.
Overmixing can cause cracks due to too much air incorporated into the mixture. Stop mixing from time to time to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure there are no lumps.
Don’t Open The Oven!
Try not to open the oven door during baking the cheesecake. It can cause cracks.
Avoid Over-Baking The Keto Cheesecake
How do I know if the Keto Cheesecake is cooked? Well, the middle should be set but “jiggly” and have a pale color. I bake it for about 50-60 minutes at a very low temperature. Overbaking is another cause of cracking which we are trying to avoid.
Cool It Correctly
It’s extremely important to cool the cheesecake at room temperature before moving to the fridge. This can take between an hour or two. The extreme temperature change can make cracks in the cheesecake,
How To Store Cheesecake?
Always store the keto cheesecake in the fridge for up to one week.
Can I Freeze Cheesecake?
This keto cheesecake is freezer friendly because it is made using full-fat cream cheese. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and keep it in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When you are ready to serve, let it thaw in the fridge overnight, and consume within 2 days. I prefer freezing individual slices.
How many carbs are in keto cheesecake?
This recipe offers nutrition information for a slice. Compared to a classic cheesecake this one is very low in carbs and refined sugar:
- 420 calories
- 7g total carbs
- 5g net carbs
- 4g sugar
These macros exclude the sugar alcohols from the total carbs.
Other Delicious Cream Cheese Recipes You Might Like
The Best Keto Cheesecake Recipe – Creamy & Dreamy
- Preheat the oven to 325F / 160C. Adjust the rack to the middle of the oven.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour and powdered sweetener. Add in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Use a spatula or a fork to combine well the ingredients.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 9″ springform pan and press firmly into the bottom and halfway up the sides using a spatula or your fingers. Refrigerate the keto crust for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, scraping the sides if necessary.
- Turn the mixer to a lower speed and add in the powdered sweetener little by little.
- Add the eggs one by one and stir until just incorporated.
- Incorporate the sour cream and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and even out the top using a spatula.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for about 50-55 minutes. You know it’s ready when the edges have a pale brown color, and the center is firm but “jiggly” like jello.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for about one hour before transferring to the refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6hours before serving. Enjoy!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.