Learn how to make the best salmon marinade recipe using only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep. Super easy to make, this simple salmon marinade recipe is full of fresh, vibrant flavor and helps you make the best salmon recipe ever.
So make this marinade recipe if you want to enjoy the best salmon that you have ever tried. Loaded with delicious and fresh flavors, this marinade will enhance the salmon with vibrant natural flavors creating a delicious and nutritious meal.
This healthy and delicious marinade is perfect for baking, pan-searing, or grilling your salmon to perfection.
Just think about a grilled salmon marinated with fresh flavors like lemon, garlic, and fresh parsley. Sounds delicious, right?
Why Are You Going To Love This Salmon Marinade Recipe
- Super easy to prepare in such a short time.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Greatly enhances the flavor of your salmon
- It’s a versatile recipe. You can use it for grilled, oven-baked, or pan-seared salmon.
Ingredients For Salmon Marinade
This salmon marinade recipe is one of my favorites since it’s super easy to make with a few simple ingredients. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Olive Oil – you can also replace it with any other vegetable oil.
- Lemon Juice – in my opinion, lemon and fish are one of the best combinations. In this recipe, lemon helps the salmon tenderize and helps balance all the flavors.
- Maple Syrup – adds a touch of sweetness to the dish and helps create a nice glaze on top of the salmon. You can choose a low sugar maple syrup to greatly reduce the carbs.
- Parsley – use fresh chopped parsley for an intense flavor and boost of color.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic works great in this marinade recipe by adding a spicy touch.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. But feel free to add your favorite seasonings as well.
How To Make This Salmon Marinade Recipe
You will love this easy salmon marinade once you see how quick it’s to prepare in such a short time. Here is everything you need to do:
Prepare all the ingredients for the homemade salmon marinade recipe.
Wash the lemon, squeeze the juice, mince the garlic, and finely chop the parsley.
Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Pour the marinade over the salmon fillets and marinate for about 30 minutes.
How Long To Marinate Salmon?
To use this salmon marinade, place the salmon in a large ziplock bag or a shallow baking casserole, and pour the marinade over the top. Transfer the salmon to the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes to 60 minutes max.
Remember not to over-marinate the salmon, as the acid in the marinade can start the “cooking” process by breaking the delicate flesh of the fish, making it super mushy or tough.
Tips and Variations For This Salmon Marinade Recipe
- Use high-quality virgin olive oil/avocado oil if possible.
- Try using freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of lemon juice concentrate from a bottle if you want the flavor to be much more intense.
- You can replace the lemon juice with vinegar to help the salmon tenderize.
- Use fresh ingredients to obtain the best marinade recipe.
- Add one tbsp of red pepper chili flakes for a spicy kick.
- You can also add some fresh chopped dill for extra flavor.
How To Use This Salmon Marinade
Once you have made the salmon marinade recipe, all you have to do is to marinate the salmon and wait until all the flavor enhances. Here are a few simple steps that will help you:
- Prepare the salmon: Pat the salmon dry to remove any moisture, then remove any bones.
- Marinating salmon: transfer the salmon fillets to a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Seal the bag and turn it over a few times until each salmon fillet is well coated with the marinade.
- Let the salmon marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes(or more if you want).
- Fridge – You can store this salmon marinade in the fridge in an airtight container for about 7 days.
- Freezer – You can also freeze this marinade in zip-lock bags for up to 2 months.
Can I Use This Marinade For Other Type Of Fish?
Sure, feel free to use your favorite type of fish for this marinade. The only thing that it may change is the fish’s cooking time, depending on its thickness.
What To Serve With Salmon?
- Roasted vegetables – I love serving salmon with baked asparagus, Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower.
- Salad – Choose an easy salad as a side for salmon, such as Greek Salad, Cucumber Tomato Salad, 20 Minute Creamy Broccoli with Bacon
Salmon Marinade Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Wash the lemon, squeeze the juice, mince the garlic, and finely chop the parsley.
- Then add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon fillets and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Then cook the salmon as you want(grilled, baked, or pan-seared).
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.