Made from only a few ingredients and with only 2g net carbs per serving, this roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe is extremely easy to make in only 20 minutes.
It often happens that those who do not like broccoli can eat cauliflower without problems and vice versa. So we decided to combine these two vegetables, which was absolutely divine.
This recipe for roasted broccoli and cauliflower is one of our favorites: simple, quick, and easy to make! I know many people who are not a fan of cauliflower or broccoli, but once they tried this recipe, they were surprised by that delicious flavor. And I am sure you will, too, after trying this recipe.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s an extremely healthy and easy-to-make recipe.
- You can serve it as a snack or side dish with many dishes.
- It’s ready in just a few minutes.
- It’s extremely versatile; you can make it to your tastes.
- Has only 2g net carbs per serving.
Ingredients For This Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
Another great thing about this recipe is that it requires only six ingredients. Here is everything you will need:
- Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets – you will need two medium heads of broccoli and cauliflower that need to be cut into florets.
- Olive Oil – you can use any vegetable oil if you want or replace it with melted butter.
- Italian Seasoning – this is one of my favorite seasonings. You can use homemade Italian seasoning or purchase it from the store.
- Garlic – fresh one is always the best, but you can also replace it with garlic powder.
- Parmesan Cheese – freshly grated is the best.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
I love making this recipe because it’s so easy to prepare and doesn’t require any cooking skills. Here is everything you need to do:
- Start by preheating your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Wash your cauliflower and broccoli, then cut them into florets.
- Add your cauliflower and broccoli florets into a bowl, sprinkle the olive oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray, sprinkle with extra olive oil and bake them for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips For Making The Perfect Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli florets almost the same size to cook evenly.
- Pay attention when you cut the vegetables: if the florets are too small, they will burn quickly; they will take much longer to cook if they are too huge.
How to Cut Cauliflower and Broccoli Correctly
- Start by removing any leaves from the cauliflower and broccoli.
- Wash the vegetables to remove any dirt.
- Then, using a sharp knife, chop the cauliflower and broccoli stems.
- Break into florets. First, break them into large florets with your fingers. You can chop them, but ensure that any long stems are removed.
- If you want your food spicy, add some red pepper chili flakes.
- You can make this recipe dairy-free by skipping the parmesan cheese.
- Before serving them, put some fresh parsley or chives on top.
Equipment Needed To Make Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
- To season the cauliflower florets, use a mixing bowl.
- Use a chopper and a sharp knife to cut the cauliflower and broccoli florets.
- A baking tray and baking paper to bake the cauliflower and broccoli florets.
How To Serve Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
This roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe can be served with various main meals. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Turkey Breast with Garlic Herb Butter
- Marry Me Chicken
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
Storing Ideas For Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Fridge: Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight jar for up to seven days in the fridge.
- Freezer: if you want to freeze the leftovers, ensure they are cooled completely before transferring them to a Ziploc freezer bag and storing them for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should I Roast Broccoli And Cauliflower?
If you want to end up with crispy broccoli and cauliflower yet soft on the inside, I recommend cooking them for 10-15 minutes. If you want them to be crispier roast them for a few more minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Personally, I like to eat this recipe freshly cooked. So a good idea would be to prepare the cauliflower and broccoli bunches, season them, add them to a saucepan, and put them in the fridge until you want to cook them.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower And Broccoli?
Sure, and if you want to make this recipe using frozen vegetables, you need to know that you don’t have to defrost them.
Other Healthy Side Dishes
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Quick Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Broccoli And Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/220°C.
- Wash and cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces. Pat dry them using paper towels.
- Add the vegetables to a bowl, olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.