Refreshing, tasty, healthy, and made from cheap ingredients, this Greek salad is the perfect choice for those moments when you want to eat something good and quick to make.
Whether you eat it as a main meal, take it as a snack to work, or use it as a side dish at a barbecue, this homemade Greek salad is the perfect solution.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be prepared in just a few minutes, with minimal effort, so below, we will tell you how to prepare an authentic Greek salad.
This simple Greek salad is a light and colorful recipe that can be eaten at any time of the day, as the main course or as a side dish with your favorite main dish.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Greek Salad Ingredients
- How To Make Greek Salad
- Tips and Variations
- How To Serve Greek Salad
- Storing Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Salad Recipes
- Greek Salad
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ready in just 10 minutes.
- Made from naturally low-carb and healthy ingredients.
- It is a versatile recipe; feel free to add your favorite veggies or cheese.
- It can be paired with many main dishes.
Greek Salad Ingredients
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to create this easy greek salad. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Cucumber – use cucumbers that are crisp and fresh. My favorite cucumbers are English ones since they are seed-free and soft.
- Red Pepper – you can also use green pepper to boost color.
- Onion – I like to add red onion, but white and yellow are also great.
- Tomatoes – You can use any tomatoes; for example, I used Roma and cherry tomatoes.
- Feta Cheese – use the best quality feta cheese for an intense flavor.
- Black Olives – you can also use green ones.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Dried Herbs – dried thyme and oregano.
How To Make Greek Salad
This is one of my favorite salad recipes since it’s super easy to make, and it’s perfect for those busy days. Here is everything you need to do:
- Slice the cucumber in half and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers, then cut them too.
- Slice the red onion thinly and add to the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then top with crumbled feta cheese and enjoy.
Tips and Variations
- Feel free to add some avocado chunks to make it extra creamy.
- Top the salad with your favorite nuts and seeds for a crunchy texture.
- You can add some chopped jalapenos if you like spicy food.
- For a boost of flavor and protein, add some crumbled bacon.
How To Serve Greek Salad
Although this recipe for greek salad is delicious, simple as it is, you can also pair it with many other dishes. Here are some ideas:
- These salad leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
However, I recommend serving it fresh because tomatoes tend to become mushy after a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Greek Salad Keto-Friendly?
This recipe for greek salad is keto-friendly since it is made from naturally low-carb ingredients and has only 5g net carbs per serving. However, if you are talking about those greek salads from restaurants, the answer depends on what dressing was used.
Should I Pell Cucumbers?
If you want, I choose not to do it because the skin of cucumbers contains dietary fiber, which is good for your health.
What Is The Best Salad Greek Salad Dressing?
I like to use a classic dressing made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar, but you can also use your favorite dressing as well – as I said above, it is an extremely versatile recipe.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, if you want, you can prepare the vegetables ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Then when you are ready to eat, drizzle the vegetable mixture with dressing, mix and enjoy.
More Salad Recipes
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Big Mac Salad – Keto Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
- Antipasto Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ Red Onion
- 2 Tomatoes medium
- 4 ounces of Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Black Olives pitted
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- salt&pepper to taste
- Cut the cucumber in half, then into slices.
- Take out the seeds from the red pepper, cut them, and add them to the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Clean and slice the red onion into thin slices.
- Add all the ingredients(cucumbers, red pepper, onion, black olives, dried herbs) to a large mixing bowl, top with crumbled feta cheese, then drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: