This cucumber tomato salad is one of the most popular summer recipes made with fresh cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and a simple dressing. Super refreshing and delicious this easy salad is the best side dish for any grilled or roasted protein.
Summer is the season of those large and juicy tomatoes, ideal for a delicious and refreshing salad. Together with the crisp slices of cucumber, this cucumber tomato salad is tasty, light, ready in less than 10 minutes, and is ideal for those hot summer days.
Salads are an easy, simple dish not missing from our table. Whether we are talking about Caprese salad, cheeseburger salad, coleslaw salad, or this easy tomato cumber salad, they are all extremely delicious because they are full of different flavors.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Tomato Salad Ingredients
- How To Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Dressing for Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Tips and Variations
- Serving Suggestions
- Storing Leftovers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
Why Are You Going To Love This Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Ready in only 10 minutes.
- Made from naturally low carb and healthy ingredients.
- It’s a versatile recipe.
- You can make it ahead of time.
Cucumber Tomato Salad Ingredients
You will need only a few easy ingredients that are extremely easy to find, especially if it’s summer, to create this delicious salad.
- Tomatoes – you can use your favorite type of tomatoes; personally, I like Roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes,
- Cucumbers – choose fresh and crisp cucumbers. English cucumbers are my favorite because they are tender and have fewer seeds.
- Red onion – optional, but we love a little some extra crunch.
- Fresh Herbs – add your favorite herbs like parsley, basil, and dill.
- Olive Oil – you can replace it with any other vegetable oil you want.
- Vinegar – just a splash of red wine vinegar to enhance the freshness of this salad. You can also use apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make Cucumber Tomato Salad
As tomatoes and cucumbers are in peak season and the weather is extremely hot, this salad is everything I want to eat.
- Wash and chop the vegetables. Place them in a large bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle on top of the vegetables. Toss well to combine.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Dressing for Cucumber Tomato Salad
This salad features a simple dressing that allows the flavors to shine. It’s just a vinaigrette made with olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings. I use fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, or dill.
Tips and Variations
- You can add crumbled feta cheese and avocado chunks to make it extra creamy.
- Make it spicy: Add some chopped jalapenos or red pepper flakes if you like spicy food.
- Top the salad with your favorite nuts and seeds.
- You can add some chopped bell pepper for an extra crunch and flavor.
- For extra taste and protein, add some crumbled bacon.
- If you want to keep the flavor of the onion fresh and remove the aftertaste, soak them in water for a few minutes.
I love serving this salad with protein for a completely healthy meal.
- Pan-Seared Pork Chops
- Crispy Baked Chicken Legs
- Oven-Baked Chicken Breast
- Roasted Air Fryer Whole Chicken
This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, but I love to serve it fresh because tomatoes tend to become mushy. Make sure to discard any juices to keep this salad fresh for longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This Salad Healthy?
Sure, this salad is healthy since it is rich in essential nutrients like potassium and vitamin c.
Should I Pell Cucumbers?
No, because the skin of cucumber contains dietary fiber, which is always beneficial to your health. However, you may always try peeling off only half of the skin, leaving stripes of skin down the length of the cucumber if you find the skin to be hard or bitter. This is attractive and may also provide some of the added fiber benefits.
Which Salad Dressing Pairs Best With This Cucumber Tomato Salad?
We used the classic dressing made with olive oil and vinegar for this recipe, but it also pairs great with a balsamic vinegar dressing or Italian dressing.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Egg Salad
- Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 2 English cucumbers sliced into rounds
- 4 large tomatoes diced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, freshly chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: