This super creamy cauliflower soup is ultra smooth, rich, and super filling. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s super easy to make for a busy weeknight dinner.
Enjoy a delicious cauliflower soup that is simple to make delicious, the perfect comfort meal on a cold day.
It’s a family favorite hearty soup recipe loaded with fall flavors and nutrients. All you have to do is chop the vegetables, simmer until tender, and puree until extra smooth and creamy.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Ingredients For Cauliflower Soup
- How To Make This Cauliflower Soup
- How To Properly Cut Cauliflower For Soup
- Tips For Making The Best Cauliflower Soup
- Storing Ideas
- Equipment Needed To Make Cauliflower Soup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Soup Recipes
- Super Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Tastes even better the next day as all the flavors develop
- Easy to make in just 20 minutes
- Super silky, creamy, and rich
- Ideal for meal prep
- Super versatile – you can roast the cauliflower before adding it to the soup.
Ingredients For Cauliflower Soup
The ingredients required for this cauliflower soup recipe are common, and you probably have them already in your pantry. Here is everything you need:
- Cauliflower – is the main ingredient in this recipe, I recommend using fresh cauliflower for the best flavor, but you can also use frozen cauliflower.
- Olive Oil – Any other vegetable oil would work; however olive oil has a higher fat content and gives this cauliflower soup an exceptional flavor.
- Butter – adds irresistible flavor and a silky texture.
- Onion and Garlic – the best savory base for any soup.
- Vegetables Broth – this ingredient is used to complete the flavors of the soup. You can use chicken broth as well.
- Paprika – or smoked paprika for a more intense smoky flavor.
- Heavy Cream – make this soup extra creamy.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste. Be careful with the amount of salt you use since the soup contains vegetable broth, which is also salty.
How To Make This Cauliflower Soup
It’s easy to make this delicious cauliflower soup recipe by following simple steps. I make it on busy days as it’s so quick to prepare. Here is all you have to do:
- Start by adding the oil and butter to the pot over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic for about five minutes until fragrant.
- Now you can add the cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes. After that, blend it using an immersion blender.
- Stir in the heavy cream and garnish.
How To Properly Cut Cauliflower For Soup
- Start by removing the leaves.
- Then using a sharp knife, cut the stem of the cauliflower.
- With your fingers, break the cauliflower into big florets. You can also cut them, but make sure to remove any long stems.
Tips For Making The Best Cauliflower Soup
- To make a dairy-free cauliflower soup, replace the heavy cream with coconut milk and the butter with ghee.
- You can top the soup with crumbled bacon for a smoky taste.
- If you want a little punch of flavor, you can add some shredded cheddar cheese to the soup.
- Add some red pepper chili flakes for some heat.
- Fridge: You can store the cauliflower soup in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Freezer: The cauliflower soup leftovers can also be stored in the freezer in a separate container for up to one month.
Equipment Needed To Make Cauliflower Soup
- An immersion blender
- A large pot
- A sharp knife and a chopping board
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe On Instant Pot?
Sure, if you are not a fan of recipes that require too much time for cooking, you can make this cauliflower soup in an instant pot. Add all your ingredients to an instant pot, expect the heavy cream, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then, release the pressure, add the heavy Cream, and blend the soup until smooth using an immersion blender.
How To Make My Cauliflower Soup Creamy
The secret of a creamy cauliflower soup is heavy Cream and a well-boiled cauliflower. If your cauliflower isn’t well-boiled, it won’t blend well, and you will end up with pieces of cauliflower.
How To Make My Cauliflower Soup Thicker
If you want your soup to be thicker, you can remove some liquid. But after removing the liquid, don’t throw it because you may want to add a little bit after blending it.
Can I Make This Cauliflower Soup Even If I don’t have A Blender?
Sure, even if you don’t have a blender, you can still make this soup using a potato masher, but you will need to know that your soup will be chunky and less creamy.
Is Cauliflower Keto-Friendly?
Yes, cauliflower is a great low-carb vegetable in your keto diet. Cauliflower is a popular low carb vegetable since it can be substituted for potatoes in many recipes. Compared to broccoli or radishes, cauliflower is low in calories and carbohydrates and has a moderate flavor. In addition, cauliflower can replace high-carb ingredients for making hummus, rice, or mashed potatoes.
More Soup Recipes
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Shredded Chicken Soup
- Vegetable Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Best Creamy Asparagus Soup
Super Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Cook onions until translucent for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower florets, broth, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and fresh thyme sprigs. Cover with a lid and bring the soup to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Remove the thyme sprigs.
- Blend using an immersion blender to puree until super smooth.
- Stir in cream, and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Reheat if needed.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh thyme, and lemon juice.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: