Simple creamy pumpkin soup – a super easy to make a creamy soup that’s perfect for warm and perfect for fall. A gluten-free recipe that is suitable for a ketogenic diet and paleo.
This pumpkin soup has only 4 ingredients and some spices that give an amazing warm flavor. As usual, I’m sharing super simple keto recipes, that are low in carbs and insanely delicious.
I love roasting pumpkin and especially for this soup I recommend using homemade pumpkin puree. This step takes a few minutes more but it’s worth the effort.
The four ingredients you will need to make pumpkin soup are probably already in your pantry:
- 15 oz pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Seasonings: 1/2 tsp pink salt; 1/2 tsp pepper; 1/2 tsp garlic powder; 1/2 tsp fresh thyme; 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SOUP
- To make this easy pumpkin soup that’s very low in carbs and keto friendly grab a large saucepan and all the ingredients. I’m a huge fan of making my pumpkin puree from scratch. But don’t worry, canned pumpkin puree is great to make this soup. Caramelize the onion in butter or olive oil over medium heat add the butter and chopped onion. Allow onion to soften for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Next on the list is to bring all the ingredients in the pot: the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and the seasonings. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- To create this creamy and smooth soup usee a blender or an immersion blender to puree the soup. Be careful with using the blender and hot liquids to avoid any accidents.
- Bring the soup back into the pot and simmer on low heat for 30 more minutes. You know it’s done when it looks super creamy and thick.
- Now it’s time for the last details. Remove the pot from heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve it hot, topped with roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of heavy whipping cream.
Toasted Flaxseed Bread croutons pair perfectly with this warm low carb soup. Sprinkle some roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of heavy whipping cream and you are ready to face the cold autumn days.
Why you’ll love pumpkin soup?
- super simple to make
- low carb
It’s also perfect for both lunch and dinner, you just have to try it!
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it @lowcarbspark. I love seeing your beautiful keto creations.
Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Toasted Flaxseed Bread croutons roasted pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the butter and chopped onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, and fresh thyme to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use a blender or an immersion blender to puree the soup. If using a blender make sure to let the air flow to avoid any accidents with the hot liquid. Use a towel instead of the lid.
- Bring the pot back on the heat and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin soup reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve as is or top with roasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of heavy whipping cream.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don't raise blood sugar.
Need Low Carb Basics?
Click the buttons below to buy low carb essentials.