These easy zucchini pizza bites are incredibly easy to make and the best snack if you’re looking for a light meal. Packed with nutrients and super tasty, zucchini bites are always a hit.
We are big fans of zucchini recipes, and my family loved this quick and easy zucchini pizza bites recipe as much as my delicious zucchini fries, zucchini slice, creamy zucchini casserole, or this delicious chocolate zucchini bread.
I first discovered zucchini pizza bites when trying to find healthier alternatives to traditional pizza. I was looking for a snack that was high in fiber and protein, low in carbohydrates, and still tasted great. That’s when I came across this simple recipe for zucchini pizza bites, and I knew I had to try it.
These bites are made with sliced zucchini as the crust and are topped with your favorite pizza toppings. They are quick to make and perfect for a quick, healthy snack or meal.
My kid loves helping me make this mini zucchini pizza, and we have so much fun choosing the toppings, whether it’s pepperoni, vegetables, or shredded cheese.
So give it a try and tell us how it turned out!
- Why Are You Going To Love This Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
- Ingredients For Zucchini Pizza Bites
- How To Make This Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
- Tips For Making The Best Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Recipe Variations
- Storing Ideas
- How To Pick The Best Zucchini?
- Can I Make Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites?
- Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- Should I Need To Peel Zucchini?
- More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
Why Are You Going To Love This Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
- Easy to make in just 15 minutes with minimal prep and simple ingredients.
- Customizable recipe- add your favorite toppings, such as pepperoni, mushrooms, or onions, for a delicious treat.
- Perfect for a tasty party appetizer, snack, or even a side dish.
- A tasty and fun way to enjoy pizza without the guilt.
- A healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pizza.
Ingredients For Zucchini Pizza Bites
Only 5 ingredients are required to create these easy zucchini pizza bites, and you probably already have them in your pantry. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Zucchini – the main ingredient in this recipe, so make sure you use small to medium zucchini because they’re less watery.
- Tomato Sauce – you can make it at home or buy it from the store. Marinara sauce also adds a burst of flavor. Just make sure that it doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Oregano – completes perfectly with tomato sauce and cheese, but you can also use your favorite dried herbs.
- Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese – the best combo of cheeses for this recipe. Feel free to use your favorite ones as well.
You can add your favorite toppings to the zucchini pizza bites, such as sliced pepperoni, chopped vegetables, or fresh herbs. The possibilities are endless!
How To Make This Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe
Once you see how easy it is to prepare these delicious zucchini pizza bites, you will want to make them over and over again. So, here are the instructions that you have to follow:
Preheat your oven to 450F/232C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper to avoid sticking the zucchini to the pan.
Prepare the zucchini. Slice the zucchini into 1/4″ thick slices using a knife or mandoline and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
Assemble the zucchini pizza bites. Top each zucchini slice with tomato sauce, then sprinkle with dried oregano and top with shredded cheese.
You can add your favorite toppings, such as salami or ham.
Bake the zucchini pizza bites. Bake them for 5 minutes in the preheated oven until tender, then broil for another 5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
TIP: You can broil or grill the zucchini slices for 2-3 minutes on each side to remove a little moisture.
Tips For Making The Best Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Use fresh zucchini for the best results.
- Pat dry the zucchini slices before cooking them to prevent a soggy texture.
- Make sure to slice your zucchini into equal sizes to ensure evenly cooked.
- Let the zucchini pizza bites cool for a few minutes before serving to enjoy the best texture.
Feel free to play with the ingredients and create your favorite pizza flavor. Here are some great ideas:
- Add some pepperoni, bacon, or your favorite type of ham.
- You can add one leave of basil to each zucchini pizza bite.
- Feel free to add some chopped mushrooms.
- Replace the tomato sauce with pesto sauce.
- You can add some crumbled feta cheese and black olives for a greek flavor.
- Fridge: Place the zucchini pizza bites in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: you can also freeze them for up to 2-3 months in freezer-safe bags.
- Reheating: thaw the zucchini pizza bites in the fridge overnight, then reheat them in the microwave until heated through.
- To Make Ahead – just prepare the zucchini pizzas according to the instructions below and bake when ready to enjoy.
How To Pick The Best Zucchini?
When picking zucchini, check for hardness, a beautiful green color, and no mushy spots. Smaller squashes have thinner skin and less liquid than larger squashes. If they weigh between six and eight ounces, then they are perfect for me and for this recipe too.
Can I Make Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites?
Sure, this recipe is also great for making it in the air fryer. Prepare and assemble the zucchini pizza bites as we did in this recipe, then place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook them for 8 minutes at 375-400°F until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, you can make this easy zucchini pizza bites recipe ahead of time. Just prepare the zucchini and toppings in advance and then bake them when ready to serve.
Should I Need To Peel Zucchini?
There is no need to peel the zucchini, but you can choose to do it if you want. However, I recommend keeping the peel since it’s healthy, and the pizza bites will hold their shape better.
More Zucchini Recipes
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce or tomato sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning or dried oregano
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni optional
- Preheat your oven to 450F/232C, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the zucchini slices. Slice the zucchini into 1/4″ thick slices and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Assemble the zucchini pizza bites. Top each zucchini slice with marinara sauce, then sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake the zucchini pizza bites for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then broil for another 5 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: