Made in only one pan and ready in under 30 minutes, this quick and easy-to-make Italian chicken zucchini skillet recipe is packed with many delicious flavors, and it can be made ahead of time when you are struggling with a busy day.
This Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet is perfect for you if you want to make something easy to prepare and delicious. Bites-sized chicken breasts are perfectly seasoned and sautéed with zucchini, garlic, and tomatoes. Sounds delicious, right?
Served with your favorite side dish or simply as it is, this recipe is super easy to make and doesn’t require too much time in the kitchen.
Who doesn’t love recipes made from healthy and easy ingredients and ready in 30 minutes? Well, this recipe for Italian Chicken zucchini skillet is one of those recipes, and every family member will love it.
Why Are You Going To Love This Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- It’s a healthy and extremely easy-to-make recipe.
- Ready in only 30 minutes.
- You can make it ahead of time.
- Made from naturally low-carb ingredients.
Ingredients For This Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Olive Oil – feel free to use any other vegetable oil.
- Garlic Cloves – use fresh minced garlic for an intense flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes – feel free to use your favorite type of tomatoes.
- Tomato Paste – make sure you read the label to avoid tomato paste with added sugar.
- Chicken Stock – you can also use vegetable stock.
- Butter – makes the sauce creamy and buttery.
- Chicken Breast – you will need boneless chicken breast.
- Italian Seasoning – you can buy it or make it at home.
- Zucchini – feel free to use any summer squash you have on hand.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
- Basil – fresh basil to garnish.
How To Make Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
You will love how easy it is to make this recipe and its incredibly delicious result. The best part is that it doesn’t require cooking skills. Here is everything you have to do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken bites, and season them with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Cook the chicken bites for 5 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same skillet and cook the zucchini for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now you can add the rest of the ingredients, mix until well combined, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken bites to the skillet and simmer on medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy.
Tips And Variations For This Recipe
- You can add your favorite dried herbs for a more intense flavor.
- Cut your vegetables into the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to this recipe, like red bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Once you remove the skillet from the heat, sprinkle some freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
Serving Ideas For This Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
You can choose to enjoy this chicken zucchini skillet as simple as it is, but you can also pair it with your favorite side dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Fridge: the Italian chicken zucchini skillet leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make This Recipe With Chicken Thighs?
Sure, this recipe will taste the same as delicious if you make it with chicken thighs. You just need to know that you will have to cook the chicken bites a little longer.
Can I Freeze This Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet?
No, this recipe is not freezer-friendly because once thawed, the vegetables will become mushy and change their taste and texture.
More Chicken Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- The Most Delicious Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Keto Butter Chicken
Italian Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken bites and season them with Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the chicken bites for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan. Add the zucchini and cook until tender.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook until fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and mix well. Then add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- Return the cooked chicken bites to the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the butter. Garnish with fresh chopped basil or parsley.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: