This Zucchini Slice recipe is easy to make from scratch for lunch or dinner with cheese and bacon. It’s a hearty and healthy zucchini casserole that’s a family favorite. Just like a crustless quiche but with a denser texture.
Made with just a few easy ingredients, this zucchini slice can be prepared ahead for busy mornings, lunch, or served as a party appetizer.
If you are tired of the usual omelet, here is a new, slightly different recipe. I like this recipe because it contains vegetables, delicious bacon, and cheddar cheese.
This zucchini slice is a filling and nutritious recipe that the entire family members love. And if you love zucchini as much as we do, then you should also try our zucchini bread, zucchini lasagna, zucchini fritters, or baked zucchini fries.
- What Is Zucchini Slice?
- Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Zucchini Slice Ingredients
- How To Make Zucchini Slice
- Storing Ideas
- How To Serve This Zucchini Slice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Slice
What Is Zucchini Slice?
With its origins in Australia, zucchini slice is a recipe made with eggs, zucchini, cheese, and spices. It’s a healthy and delicious recipe that’s budget-friendly.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Quick to make, delicious, and perfect for any meal.
- The best zucchini egg bake
- Delicious served both hot or cold
- Use up those summer zucchini
Zucchini Slice Ingredients
You will need just some simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry to create this delicious zucchini slice. Here is everything you will need:
- Zucchini – The secret is to use a kitchen paper towel to squeeze away the moisture. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible to avoid a soggy zucchini slice.
- Eggs – use whole large room temperature eggs.
- Bacon – you can replace it with sausage or ham.
- Flour – this recipe works great with any flour, like gluten-free flour or almond flour.
- Onion – chop it well.
- Milk – you can use any milk you like.
- Dried Herbs – I used dried oregano for this recipe, but you can also add dried parsley or dill.
- Garlic Powder – you can also use fresh garlic for an intense flavor.
- Baking Powder – this ingredient helps the zucchini slice to be fluffy.
- Shredded Cheese – you can use any flavorful shredded cheese for this recipe.
How To Make Zucchini Slice
What could be easier to prepare than this zucchini slice? Just combine everything together, and let the oven complete the job. So let’s see how to make it:
- Start by grating the zucchini and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving it.
- Fridge – You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days.
- Freezer – This zucchini slice can be easily stored in the freezer in a ziplock bag for up to one month.
How To Serve This Zucchini Slice
I like to eat this zucchini slice, simple as it is, anytime I am starving. But if you want to make a complete meal, you can serve it with a salad. You can find on my blog many salads; choose one and enjoy this delicious zucchini slice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Zucchini Keto-Friendly?
Sure, since 100g of zucchini has only 3.11 g of net carbs, they are a great ingredient for those following a keto diet.
Can I Add Other Vegetables?
Sure, actually, this is another great thing about this recipe. It’s an extremely versatile recipe to add your favorite vegetables like broccoli, bell pepper, or tomatoes.
How To Reheat The Leftovers?
Remove your leftovers from the freezer a night before eating them, then reheat them in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
Can I Make An Vegetarian Version Of This Recipe?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian zucchini slice by simply leaving out the bacon. Use smoked tofu instead.
Why Is My Zucchini Slice Soggy?
That happens because you didn’t squeeze the grated zucchini enough. So make sure that you squeeze out as much as possible after grating the zucchini.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Sauteed Zucchini And Tomatoes
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Best Zucchini Casserole – Super Creamy and Cheesy
- Easy Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 9-cm x 13-cm baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or golden brown on top or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: