Learn how to prepare the best Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer with just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep. These air fryer frozen chicken wings are super juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, and perfect for a quick snack or meal. No thawing is required!
One of the best things about these air fryer frozen chicken wings is that they are super easy to prepare since we do not need to thaw the wings before cooking them. Just place the frozen wings in the air fryer basket and wait until they are perfectly crispy and juicy.
If you’re a chicken wing lover like me, then you know that there are endless ways to enjoy these delicious bites.
One of my favorite methods is using the air fryer for cooking crispy wings without the added oil and mess of traditional frying.
But if you’re looking for a healthier option, try making oven-baked wings with a crispy texture without the added fat.
These crispy air fryer chicken wings are a super simple but extremely tasty quick appetizer that can serve any occasion. So whether you are serving them plain or with your favorite sauce or side dish, these frozen air fryer chicken wings are sure to impress.
Can You Make Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer. It’s a great way to save time if you forgot to defrost the wings. It takes slightly longer to cook frozen wings, but once the meat is thawed and perfectly seasoned, just wait for it to get super crispy.
Always check the internal temperature of the wings using a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked to a safe temperature of 165°F (75°C) before serving.
Why Are You Going To Love This Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings Recipe
- Super easy to prepare in under 20 minutes.
- It can be made ahead of time.
- They are perfect for game day, family gatherings, or any occasion.
- You can pair it with many delicious side dishes.
- It’s a healthier recipe in comparison to fried wings.
- You don’t need to thaw the chicken wings before cooking them.
- They can be served as a snack, meal, or even appetizer.
You will need only a few easy-to-find ingredients to make this delicious chicken wings recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- Frozen Chicken Wings – make sure their wing tips are cut.
- Olive Oil – you can also use avocado oil if you want.
- Baking Powder – helps to create a crisp and crunchy coating on the wings.
- Salt & Pepper – to taste. You can also add your favorite chicken seasoning.
- Paprika – use smoked paprika for an intense smoky flavor.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
I love how easy it is to make these delicious air fryer frozen chicken wings without needing to thaw them. Here is everything you have to do:
Preheat The Air Fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer to 400F/204C. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheating function, let it run empty for about 5 minutes.
Thaw The Frozen Wings
Place the frozen chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air Fry them for about 8 minutes until thawed and warm.
Season The Thawed Chicken Wings
Remove the thawed chicken wings from the air fryer basket and transfer them to a bowl.
Drain any liquid from the air fryer basket.
Add the olive oil, baking powder, paprika, salt, and pepper over the wings and toss until well combined.
Cook The Chicken Wings
Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry them for 8 minutes.
Flip the wings and cook them for 5 more minutes until crispy and juicy.
Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy them with your favorite side dish.
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Wings?
You’ll need to use the air fryer to thaw the wings quickly. This step takes about 10 minutes. Then, season the wings and air fryer for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your wings. Make sure to always check the internal temperature to enures the wings reach 165 degrees F.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Don’t overcrowd the basket to ensure that the hot air circulates properly and the chicken wings cook evenly.
- Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and crispiness.
- Use the wingtips for making chicken stock.
- Serve with dipping sauce. These wings pair amazingly with a homemade avocado ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Classic Buffalo: Toss the wings in a classic buffalo sauce made from hot sauce and melted butter.
- Lemon Pepper: Sprinkle the cooked wings with a mixture of lemon zest, black pepper, and salt.
- Garlic Parmesan: Toss the cooked wings in a mixture of melted butter, garlic powder, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cajun: Replace the seasonings with a tablespoon of my Cajun seasoning blend.
- Sweet and Spicy: Combine honey and Sriracha sauce to make a sweet and spicy glaze, and brush it on the wings before cooking or toss the cooked wings in the sauce after cooking.
- Korean-style: Make a spicy and sweet sauce by mixing gochujang (Korean chili paste), soy sauce, honey, and garlic, and toss the cooked wings in the sauce.
- BBQ Wings: Brush the wings with a homemade BBQ sauce before cooking or toss the cooked wings in the sauce after cooking.
If you serve these crispy wings as an entree instead of an appetizer, paired with various delicious side dishes! Here are our favorites:
- French Fries
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Vegetables and Blue Cheese Dressing
- Fridge: If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: Another great thing about this recipe is that you can store the wings in the freezer in a freezer bag for up to two months.
Allow the wings to defrost overnight, and reheat them in the oven when you want to eat them.
- To reheat: The best way to reheat these air fryer chicken wings is in the oven or the air fryer.
Can I Make This Recipe In The Oven?
Sure, but when baking frozen wings, the cooking time increases by 15 minutes.
More Chicken Wings Recipes
- Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Frozen Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 400°F/200°C.
- Place the frozen chicken wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and cook them in the air fryer for 10 minutes until thawed.
- Remove the thawed chicken wings from the air fryer basket and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, baking powder, paprika, salt, and pepper and toss until well combined.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes
- Flip the wings and cook for 5 more minutes,
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy them with your favorite side dish.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: