Learn how to make the most FLAVORFUL antipasto salad recipe you have ever tried. Ready in only 10 minutes, this salad is easy to make, customizable, and it can be made ahead of time for those busy days.
Just imagine all your favorite pizza ingredients in one easy and quick salad. This antipasto salad is a crowd-pleaser for any party or quick lunch. It is a mouthwatering combination of fresh tomatoes, salami, cheese, and red onion that everyone will love.
This Antipasto salad is a tasty appetizer that is perfect to be served on summer days. You can also prepare this recipe as a lunch for work. It’s a staple in our kitchen, and I choose to make it anytime I want to eat something, but I do not have much time for cooking.
So gather all the ingredients, prepare your favorite dressing, put the salad together, and enjoy the perfect antipasto salad dish.
If you love salads as much as we do, then you also need to try our Taco Salad, Big Mac Salad, Wedge Salad, or Egg Salad. They are all as delicious and easy to prepare as this antipasto salad.
Why Are You Going To Love This Antipasto Salad
- Extremely easy to make
- It’s hearty, delicious, and refreshing all at the same time
- It is packed with many flavors
- It can be paired with many dressings
- It can be made ahead of time
- Loaded with healthy and delicious ingredients
- You can serve it either as a main dish or a side dish
What Is Antipasto Salad?
An Antipasto Salad is an Italian first course filled with meats, cheese, olives, and bright cherry tomatoes that are simply tossed together and enjoyed with a delicious vinegar-based dressing.
Antipasto Salad Ingredients
A great thing about this recipe is that you will need a few simple ingredients that create a delicious meal. Here is everything you will need:
- Romaine Lettuce – Use any lettuce you like. Iceberg lettuce and Romaine lettuce are some of my favorites. Both of them are incredibly handy and delicious.
- Cherry Tomatoes – you can also use any tomatoes you want.
- Provolone Cheese – you can use your favorite type of cheese instead of this one. Extra sharp cheddar is also a great idea.
- Olives – traditional recipes call for black olives, but you can use your favorite type of olives.
- Salami & Pepperoni – you can choose to buy mini salami and pepperoni and add them directly to the salad without cutting it in quarters.
- Red Onion – you can substitute with yellow or white onion.
How To Make Antipasto Salad
Making this antipasto salad is extremely easy to make. In fact, there is no cooking involved, and all you have to do is prepare the ingredients and mix them. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by preparing the lettuce by removing any wilted outer leaves, then chop it and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the romaine lettuce to a bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients on top of it.
- Drizzle your favorite dressing over the salad and mix to coat evenly.
Tips For Making The Best Italian Antipasto Salad Recipe
- Prepare your dressing in advance and store it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let all the flavors enhance.
- If you plan to serve the salad later, do not add the dressing because the vegetables will turn out soggy while stored in the fridge.
- You can add canned artichoke hearts and grapes.
- If you like spicy food, you can add some pepperoncini.
- Replace the parmesan with mozzarella cheese balls.
How To Store
- Fridge: You can store this simple antipasto salad recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Freezer: This salad cannot be stored in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Antipasto Keto-Friendly?
Sure, since it is a salad made with naturally low-carb and keto-friendly ingredients, this antipasto salad is perfect for someone following a keto diet and not only.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegetarian?
Sure, to do that replace the meat with your favorite veggies like cucumbers or red bell peppers.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
This salad is great to prepare ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week. You just have to store the salad separately from the dressing, and it can be stored for up to 4 days in the fridge.
What Does Antipasto Mean?
“Before the dinner” is what antipasto means. It serves as the typical first dish of an Italian meal and is intended to stimulate everyone’s appetite.
Antipasto Vs. Antipasti
Antipasto is a salad that is served as the first dish on an Italian meal, while antipasti is a plate that contains different types of cheese, meat, fruits, and vegetables that are served as an appetizer or snack at a party.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The Best Egg Salad
- Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz salami diced
- 6 oz provolone cheese diced
- 4 oz marinated artichokes drained and chopped
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 4 oz mozzarella balls
- 2 oz pepperoni quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad in a large salad bowl. Top with the rest of the ingredients, and drizzle half of the dressing. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes:
I thoroughly enjoyed the simplicity and flavors in this recipe. I prepared the dressing and liked it! I needed to figure out how to get the salt and garlic ratio a little more on point but all the veggies were delicious and a great combo. Definitely going to add a garlic bread on the side next time too.