This egg salad is quick, easy to make, nutritious, and perfect for using up those hard-boiled eggs. It’s truly the best classic egg salad made with simple ingredients that’s super creamy, delicious, and loaded with flavor.
If you are like me and love easy recipes, then I’m sure you’ll love this quick egg salad.
Enjoy this salad as a main course or an appetizer for any occasion. It is made with basic ingredients such as hard boiled eggs, Dijon Mustard, fresh dill, crisp red onion, and seasonings.
The best part? Serve it in many delicious ways- as it is straight from the bow, with crackers, on toast, or in lettuce wraps.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Egg Salad Recipe
- Egg Salad Ingredients
- How To Make Egg Salad
- Recipe Additions
- Tips For Making The Best Egg Salad
- How To Peel Eggs?
- Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
- Storing Ideas
- Is Egg Salad Healthy?
- More Salad Recipes
- The Best Egg Salad
Why Are You Going To Love This Egg Salad Recipe
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Super creamy, rich but also fresh
- Perfect to use up leftover Easter Eggs
- Super customizable with your favorite ingredients
Egg Salad Ingredients
This salad is extremely easy to make and requires some basic and affordable ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Eggs – I used this method to make perfect hard-boiled eggs. Make sure to boil eggs until the whites are tender and the yolk is still slightly creamy.
- Mayonnaise – Full fat is my preference because it is thick and creamy.
- Dill – adds a vibrant and fresh flavor.
- Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper – to taste.
How To Make Egg Salad
I love this recipe not only because it’s extremely delicious but also because it’s so easy and quick to make. Here is everything you have to do:
- Boil the eggs using this method for about 10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. Transfer the eggs to an ice bath to cool completely.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into bite-sized pieces. You can also use an egg slicer to chop them quicker.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix them well.
- And that’s it, easy, right?
- Add crispy bacon to this salad for a delicious smoky flavor that pairs great with all the ingredients.
- Pickles for a more tangy touch.
- Add avocado, diced tomato, or cucumber to make a healthy egg salad.
- Radishes, thinly sliced.
- If you want to add lean protein, you can add some chicken breast, cooked shrimp, or ham.
Tips For Making The Best Egg Salad
- Keep the eggs at room temperature before putting them in boiling water to minimize the risk of them cracking.
- The fresher the eggs, the harder they will be to peel. Eggs a few days old will be easier to peel, so keep that in mind.
- This egg salad is much more delicious if left in the fridge for at least half an hour to enhance the flavors.
How To Peel Eggs?
- Place the boiled egg in an ice water bath for a few minutes.
- Put the egg in an empty glass and shake as well as possible until any traces of the shell fall off.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure. Actually, if you make this recipe and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight, it will taste even better.
- Fridge: Store the leftover keto egg salad in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Freezer: This egg salad is not freezer friendly because eggs and mayonnaise lose their delicious flavors when thawed from frozen.
Is Egg Salad Healthy?
Sure, since eggs are very rich in nutrients that are essential in maintaining good health and contain Omega 3 fatty acids that play a role in reducing inflammation in the body, especially in the blood vessels and wrists, we can say that this salad is also healthy besides the fact that it is extremely delicious.
More Salad Recipes
- Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- The Best Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pesto Caprese Skewers
The Best Egg Salad
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium red onion minced
- ¼ cup dill chopped
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard yellow or dijon
- 1/4 tsp paprika sweet or smoked
- Hard boil the eggs using your favorite method. Transfer the eggs to an ice bath, and allow them to cool completely.
- Peel the eggs, then cop the eggs into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, add chopped eggs, mayonnaise, red onion, chopped dill, chives, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Serve cold on your favorite bread, crackers, wraps, or on lettuce wraps.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: