This wedge salad recipe si super crunchy, refreshing, and topped with a rich blue cheese dressing, bacon crumbles, and cherry tomatoes. It’s an easy salad recipe perfect for a quick meal or appetizer.
- Why Are You Going To Love This Classic Wedge Salad
- What is A Wedge Salad?
- Ingredients For This Wedge Salad
- How To Make Wedge Salad
- Tips For Making The Perfect Wedge Salad
- Wedge Salad Toppings
- Storing Ideas
- What to Serve with This Wedge Salad
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
Why Are You Going To Love This Classic Wedge Salad
- Packed with many flavors.
- Perfect meal or side dish
- Super versatile and easy to customize with your favorite toppings
- You can make it ahead of time.
What is A Wedge Salad?
A wedge salad is a simple salad recipe made from a quarter of an iceberg lettuce that looks super fancy. Usually, it’s topped with a creamy blue cheese dressing, crispy bacon, blue cheese crumbles, red onion, and tomato.
Ingredients For This Wedge Salad
You will need only six ingredients that you can find at any store to create this delicious wedge salad. Here is everything you need:
- Iceberg Lettuce – Wedge salads are typically made with iceberg lettuce, but you could use romaine lettuce instead if you want. However, I highly suggest sticking with iceberg lettuce for that fancy look.
- Bacon – no wedge salad without bacon. Here are some great tips for making the best oven-baked bacon that’s mess-free and super crispy.
- Cherry Tomatoes – you can also use any type of tomatoes you want; just make sure you chop them into small bites.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste, just pay attention to the salt amount since the blue cheese dressing is already quite salted.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – you can buy it or make it at home. Personally, I prefer using a homemade one since it is way delicious.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – these ones are used to top the salad for a more intense taste.
How To Make Wedge Salad
The best part of this wedge salad is that it is extremely easy to make without requiring cooking skills. Here is everything you have to do:
- Prepare the lettuce. Remove any wilted outer leaves. Chop the lettuce head into four equal wedges.
- Make the blue cheese dressing.
- Assemble the wedge salad. Place a wedge of iceberg lettuce on a plate, and top with blue cheese dressing, tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and blue cheese bites.
Tips For Making The Perfect Wedge Salad
- Remove the lettuce’s outer leaves. These are more difficult to eat and less fresh.
- Use grape or cherry tomatoes for the best flavor.
- Don’t love blue cheese dressing? Use a ranch dressing instead.
Wedge Salad Toppings
You can easily customize a wedge salad by topping it with your favorite toppings that make it even more delicious and filling:
- Protein: Add chopped chicken breast, steak, hard-boiled eggs, or chopped ham.
- Cheese: Some options include feta, goat cheese, fresh mozzarella, shredded cheddar, or parmesan.
- Other Vegetables: cucumbers, peppers, olives, celery, or jalapeno.
- Croutons – add a great crunch.
I suggest keeping the ingredients in separate, sealed containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keep in mind that depending on the conditions and their condition before storage, some vegetables may spoil faster.
What to Serve with This Wedge Salad
I like to eat this salad as simple as it is, but if you want to make a complete meal, you can pair it with these popular recipes:
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Garlic Herb Butter Roasted Turkey
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This Wedge Salad Keto?
Sure, since it’s made with naturally low-carb and keto-friendly ingredients, this wedge salad is perfect for someone who is following a keto diet and not only.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Sure, this is another great thing about this recipe. You can prepare the blue cheese dressing and the rest of the ingredients and assemble the salad whenever you are ready to eat it.
Can I Use Another Type Of Dressing?
Absolutely yes. If you are not a fan of blue cheese dressing, you can easily replace it with another type of dressing like ranch dressing or balsamic vinaigrette.
How To Clean The Iceberg Lettuce
Remove the small hard part of the stem and pour water through the end of the lettuce before cutting. Then, allow it to drain by turning it right side up.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Creamy Homemade Coleslaw Salad Recipe
Easy Wedge Salad Recipe
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing or more to taste
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare the lettuce by removing any wilted outer leaves. Cut the lettuce in half, then cut in half again to get four quarters. Cut off the hard stem.
- Assemble the salad: Place a wedge onto a serving place, and top with the blue cheese dressing, bacon, tomato, chives, and blue cheese crumbles. Serve!
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: