This bacon wrapped chicken is stuffed with a delicious broccoli cheddar mixture. The bacon is crispy, the chicken is juicy and full of flavor. Enjoy a quick and easy to make, family friendly chicken recipe.
My favorite part of this recipe is that it requires ingredients that I’m sure you always have on hand. So even if I’m in a hurry, I can put something together and provide a low carb lunch that everyone enjoys. This recipe is perfect if you’re looking for easy low-carb dinner options too.
Is This Recipe Keto-Friendly?
This stuffed chicken breast is keto friendly since all the ingredients used are low in carbs. For example, bacon is high-fat , while chicken breasts have a high protein and low carbohydrate content. In addition, cream cheese and cheddar cheese can be both be consumed on a ketogenic diet.
Why Are You Going To Love This Recipe
- Full of flavor. In combination with the bacon and chicken, the creamy filling offer gets a fantastic explosion of flavor.
- Perfect for keto lovers and not only.
- Can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for meal prep.
- It looks and tastes sophisticated, yet it’s really simple to make!
Ingredients in Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
If you love chicken and broccoli, this easy keto recipe is perfect for you. These are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- Chicken Breast – This recipe has only been made with chicken breasts, but a reader suggested substituting it with chicken thighs. I am sure that would work with them as well. Use larger chicken breast to cut in the middle and stuff them with the filling.
- Bacon – The fact that the chicken is wrapped in bacon before going into the oven is my favorite part about it. Everything’s better with bacon!
- Garlic & Onion Powder – to make the chicken super flavorful.
- Parsley – fresh or dried are both great for this recipe.
- Broccoli – I used fresh raw broccoli! You can use frozen broccoli too, but thaw it in advance.
- Cheddar Cheese – You can replace it with parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
- Cream Cheese – use softened cream cheese so it’s easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
How To Make Stuffed Chicken Breast
To prepare this delicious Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast, you have to follow just a few and simple, easy steps.
- Combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Create a pocket lengthwise in the middle of each chicken breast and season well with the spice mixture.
- Prepare the filling: Mix all of the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the broccoli cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the chicken in bacon: Use two slices of bacon to cover each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, occasionally brushing the chicken with pan drippings until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
Tips For Making The Best Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- As an alternative, boneless thighs can be used. They’re simple to fill and tastier. In addition, the meat is often soft and tasty. As a result, feel free to make a substitution if you choose.
- Add sliced jalapeno to the stuffing for an extra spicy kick.
- You may substitute the cheddar cheese with your preferred cheese.
- Make sure to use full-fat cream cheese and bring it to room temperature or microwave for a few seconds.
How To Make A Perfect Wide Pocket In Your Chicken Breast
To make a wide pocket in your chicken breast, you’ll need a sharp knife. Please don’t do this while holding it in your hand; it’s far too dangerous! Instead, lay your palm on top of the chicken breast and slice horizontally. Stop before you get fully through to the other side. This should be approximately a half-inch to a quarter-inch short of the edge. Both sides should be linked to each other and formed like a butterfly when you open it up.
How To Serve Stuffed Chicken
I recommend serving with a green vegetable or a low carb side dish. Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to go with it.
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Crispy Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini With Parmesan
Can I Make This Chicken Recipe In Advance?
If you don’t have time to cook this dish all at once, you can make the cheesy filling ahead of time. First, make sure it’s properly stored in the fridge. Once you stuffed it into the chicken breast, it is recommended to bake it within 2-3 hours.
Can I Make Stuffed Chicken Breast In An Air Fryer?
Sure. Just preheat your air fryer to 375F. All you have to do is prepare the chicken just like I did in this recipe, then place the chicken breasts into the air fryer basket and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through. Depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, the cooking time will vary.
How To Store This Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks in an airtight container. The bacon may not be as crispy on the second or third day, but the flavor will still be great.
- Another great option is to freeze it. Store cooked stuffed chicken breast into a freezer-safe container or an airtight container and keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. Before serving, reheat in the oven.
Looking for More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes? Try these:
- The Best Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- The Best Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella and Spinach
Bacon Wrapped Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket into the chicken breast.
- Season the chicken breast with the spice mixture.
- Make the Broccoli Cheese Filling – In a large bowl, combine chopped broccoli, shredded cheddar, softened cream cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the chicken breast with 2-3 tablespoons of filling, secure with toothpicks.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each stuffed chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chicken is cooked. The chicken is cooked when an instant meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165F. For extra crispy bacon, broil for 2 minutes.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.