Made using only 4 ingredients, this cheesy garlic asparagus roasted in the oven is the perfect appetizer or side dish for any meal. This asparagus recipe offers the perfect balance of salty, soft, and crunchy flavors in one bite.
Who does not enjoy a quick, easy side dish recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare? So today, I want to show you an extremely delicious asparagus recipe with cheese and garlic, a side dish that can be used for grilled meat or your favorite mains.
Asparagus is a great low-carb vegetable because it is high in nutrients and simple to prepare. When asparagus is in season, I make this recipe frequently because it is tasty and quick to prepare.
Why Are You Going To Love This Cheesy Garlic Asparagus
- It is a healthy, keto-friendly, and low-carb recipe.
- It is extremely easy to make since it requires no cooking skills.
- It’s made with naturally low-carb ingredients.
- Made from only 5 ingredients.
- It can be paired with many recipes.
Is Asparagus Keto?
Yes, asparagus is a keto-friendly vegetable since it is low in calories and sugar. There are 22 calories, 2.4 grams of protein, 0.22 grams of fat, 4.11 grams of total carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, and 2.11 grams of net carbs in 100 grams of asparagus.
Ingredients For This Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
You will need only five easy-to-find ingredients to create this delicious cheesy garlic asparagus recipe. Here is a list with everything you need to create one of the best side dishes recipes.
- Asparagus – Make sure the woody ends of the asparagus stalks are removed before eating. Simply snap off roughly 3-5cm of the bottom.
- Olive Oil – I use the oil to ensure that the seasonings are well distributed. You can also use butter instead of olive oil.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is the best for this recipe because it will give an intense taste to the asparagus.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings like smoked paprika or dried herbs.
- Cheese Mixture – Fell free to add your favorite cheese, like mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
How To Make Cheesy Garlic Asparagus
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is super easy to prepare, and you will want to make it anytime when you are in a hurry. Here is everything you have to do:
- Start by heating the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, prepare the asparagus. Wash it, dry it well with a paper towel, and cut off the ends, about 2-3 centimeters. You can use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- Prepare a baking tray. Place the asparagus on the tray and sprinkle with oil, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well to ensure that each asparagus is coated with seasonings.
- Transfer the tray to the oven; I recommend using the middle shelf to evenly distribute heat and baking it for 10-12 minutes.
- After ten minutes in the oven, add the cheese over the asparagus and bake for another five minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the pan from the oven and enjoy.
Tips and Variations For Making Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Choose thicker asparagus when you plan to cook it in the oven.
- Make sure the asparagus is lined up in a single layer to cook evenly.
- Do not use too much oil because it will result in soggy asparagus.
- Serve quickly because the cheese will harden the longer it sits.
- You can add crumbled bacon to the cheese for a more intense taste and flavor.
- Add some red pepper flakes for a spicy flavor.
- Fridge – You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
You can use the microwave to reheat the asparagus for a few minutes.
How to Serve This Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
This low-carb, keto-friendly cheesy garlic asparagus pairs nicely with many dishes. Here are some great suggestions:
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Asparagus Healthy?
Asparagus is a tasty vegetable and very healthy for the body because it contains a rich vitamin and mineral content.
The benefits of asparagus are innumerable; it has an anti-aging anti-inflammatory, which makes it extremely beneficial to the body. In addition, asparagus is a vegetable that fights cancer, is good for the brain, and helps detoxify the body.
How To Choose Asparagus?
When choosing asparagus, look for stalks that are firm to the touch, have a smooth texture, are a deep green color, and do not flop over when held up!
How Do We Know That Asparagus Is Done?
When cooked properly, asparagus should be vibrant in color and soft but firm.
More Asparagus Recipes
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus – The asparagus is slightly crunchy, fragrant, and cooks quickly. I hope you like this recipe and enjoy it.
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – This asparagus recipe has the ideal combination of salty, tender, and crispy in one bite.
- Best Creamy Asparagus Soup – Enjoy a silky, rich, and delicious asparagus soup that’s ready in 20 minutes.
Cheesy Garlic Asparagus
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/ 190°C. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place trimmed asparagus spears on the baking sheet.
- Brush the asparagus with the oil mixture to coat evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and cook for 4 more minutes or until the cheese melts and becomes golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with extra seasonings.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: