Looking for a simple and easy appetizer that adds a festive touch to your holiday table? Try these Quick Christmas Cheese Trees that are ready in just 5 minutes and the perfect addition to your festive charcuterie board.
Get ready to wow your guests with an appetizer that’s as easy to make as it is elegant. Have you seen those Easy Christmas Cheese Trees that are all the rage on TikTok? They’re not only super appealing but also a breeze to whip up, making them the perfect starter for your holiday parties.
Feeling a bit bored with the same old appetizers? It’s time to sprinkle some festive magic into your snack lineup with these Simple Christmas Cheese Trees. Made with just 6 easy ingredients, these adorable cheese trees are just the thing to bring smiles and joy to your holiday gatherings.
But here’s the best part – you can pair them with your favorite crackers. Serve them alongside cheddar crackers, seeds crackers, or flaxseed crackers. Each bite is a perfect mix of creamy cheese, a satisfying crunch, and a hint of savory seasoning.
So, why not give this easy and delicious recipe a try? Picture this: creamy, spreadable cheese, the delightful crunch of pretzels, all jazzed up with a dash of savory seasonings. It’s a fun, tasty, and oh-so-easy treat that’s sure to be a hit at your holiday get-together!
Why You’ll Love These Christmas Cheese Trees
- Simple And Festive. These Christmas Cheese Trees bring a touch of holiday elegance to your table with minimal effort.
- Quick To Make. Embrace the festive spirit without spending hours in the kitchen. These Cheese Trees are a quick and hassle-free way to add joy to your holiday spread.
- Customizable recipe. Feel free to get creative with this recipe by adding your favorite herbs or spices.
- Simple ingredients. Another great thing about this recipe is that you will only need a short shopping list for it. The ingredients can be found in your pantry or at any grocery shop.
What Are Christmas Cheese Trees?
Christmas Cheese Trees are a festive appetizer that brings holiday joy to your table. These delightful creations feature spreadable cheese wedges on pretzel stick trunks, topped with cheddar cheese stars. They’re the perfect addition to your holiday celebrations; they’re easy to make and visually charming.
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here is the list of the ingredients that we need to make this easy and quick Christmas cheese trees recipe:
- Cheese Wedges – serve as the base for the Christmas cheese trees, providing a creamy and smooth texture. For a gourmet touch, Brie or Camembert add richness and depth. Alternatively, white cheeses like Provolone, Swiss, or Mozzarella, cut into triangles, work beautifully for creating that festive tree shape.
- Pretzel Sticks – Pretzel sticks serve a dual purpose in the Christmas cheese trees. First, they act as the trunks of the trees, providing a crunchy and salty contrast to the creamy cheese. Second, they offer a convenient, edible way to hold and enjoy cheese trees. Opt for pretzel sticks that are sturdy enough to support the weight of the cheese wedges.
- Chili Flakes – Chili flakes contribute a subtle heat and warmth to the Christmas cheese trees, enhancing the overall flavor profile. Feel free to skip them if you are not such a big fan of spicy food.
- Salt and Italian Seasoning: A pinch of salt goes a long way in balancing the flavors in this festive appetizer. And let’s not forget a dash of Italian seasoning for that herby, aromatic flair. These seasoning touches are the final puzzle pieces that bring everything together in delicious harmony.
- Cheddar Cheese – used to create star-shaped toppers for the Christmas cheese trees.
How To Make These Christmas Cheese Trees
Now that we know the ingredients to create this delicious Christmas cheesy trees recipe, let’s start preparing them. Here are the steps that you need to follow to create this easy and quick appetizer recipe:
Unwrapping the Cheese
Start by unwrapping the foil from each spreadable cheese wedge. Place them neatly on a clean serving platter or tray. These unwrapped wedges will form the base of your Christmas cheese trees.
Add the Pretzel Sticks
Insert half of a pretzel stick into the wider end of each cheese wedge. This serves as the trunk of your cheese tree, providing a crunchy and salty contrast to the creamy cheese.
Mix the Seasoning Ingredients
Combine the Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and salt in a small bowl. Use a spoon to thoroughly mix these ingredients, ensuring an even distribution of flavors. This seasoning mixture will add a festive taste to your Christmas cheese trees.
Dredging in Seasoning
Roll each cheese wedge in the prepared seasoning mixture, ensuring the seasoning covers the entire cheese surface. Gently press the seasoning onto the cheese to help it stick. This step ensures every bite is rich with flavor.
Cutting Star Shapes
Use a small star-shaped cookie cutter to cut stars from the cheddar cheese slices. Place these cheddar stars on each seasoned cheese wedge, creating delightful and edible tree toppers.
Arranging and Serving
Once decorated, place the Christmas cheese trees on a serving platter. For an extra touch, consider adding holiday-themed elements such as rosemary sprigs or cranberries to enhance the festive presentation.
Essential Tips for Success
- Choose sturdy pretzel sticks that can support the weight of the cheese wedges. This ensures the pretzel sticks effectively serve as trunks without breaking.
- When combining the Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and salt, mix thoroughly for an even distribution of flavors. This ensures every part of the cheese is well-seasoned.
- When rolling the cheese wedges in the seasoning mixture, do so gently. Press the seasoning onto the cheese to help it adhere without distorting the shape of the trees.
- When arranging the Christmas cheese trees, You can add holiday-themed elements like rosemary sprigs or cranberries. This adds visual appeal and makes the presentation more festive.
- Feel free to experiment with different seasonings or cheese varieties for a unique twist. You can also explore alternative toppings like chopped nuts or dried fruit for added texture and flavor.
You can enhance the Christmas Cheese Trees recipe by incorporating additional ingredients to elevate the flavors and presentation. Here are some creative ideas:
- Mix finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives, into the seasoning mixture for an added burst of freshness and color.
- Grate a small amount of lemon or orange zest into the seasoning mixture to give the cheese trees a hint of citrusy brightness.
- Sprinkle finely chopped nuts (such as almonds or walnuts) or dried fruits (like cranberries or apricots) over the trees for a delightful texture and sweet contrast.
- Crushed black or colored peppercorns can be added to the seasoning mixture for a peppery kick, adding depth to the overall flavor.
- Sprinkle crispy bacon bits over the trees for a savory, smoky element that pairs well with creamy cheese.
- Top each tree with a small spoonful of caramelized onions for a sweet and savory combination.
- Arrange a variety of crackers and breadsticks on the side. This lets your guests pair the Christmas Cheese Trees with various crunchy options.
- Offer colorful vegetable sticks such as celery, carrots, and bell peppers alongside the cheese trees. The crisp and fresh veggies provide a refreshing contrast.
- Create an assorted cheese platter featuring different cheese varieties. This allows guests to explore a variety of flavors and textures.
- Incorporate the cheese trees into a larger holiday charcuterie board, complete with cured meats, olives, nuts, and a selection of cheeses.
- Serve small pickles or cornichons on the side. Their tanginess provides a refreshing contrast to the rich and creamy cheese.
- Include a bowl of roasted and spiced nuts, such as almonds or cashews, for a crunchy and savory addition to the holiday spread.
- Fridge: Store the prepared Christmas Cheese Trees in the refrigerator in an airtight container to maintain their freshness. Cover the platter or tray with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent the cheese from drying.
- Separation Layers: If stacking or layering the cheese trees, place a sheet of parchment paper between the layers to prevent them from sticking together or transferring flavors.
- Cheese Not Holding Shape. If the spreadable cheese is not holding its shape, it may be too soft. Place it into the refrigerator for a short time to firm up before assembling the Christmas cheese trees.
- Pretzel Sticks Breaking. Choose sturdy pretzel sticks to prevent breakage. If breakage occurs during assembly, use a knife to carefully trim the broken end before inserting it into the cheese.
- Seasoning Doesn’t Adhere. Ensure the spreadable cheese is not too wet. Pat it dry with a paper towel before rolling in the seasoning mixture. Additionally, pressing the seasoning onto the cheese helps it adhere better.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Crispy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Tomato & Mozzarella Pesto Caprese Skewers – 4 ingredients
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Dill Cream Cheese
- Sausage Balls – Keto & Low Carb
Viral Christmas Cheese Trees
- Unwrap the Cheese. Start by unwrapping the foil from each cheese wedge. Place them on a clean serving platter or tray. This will serve as the base of your Christmas cheese trees.
- Add the Pretzel Sticks. Insert half of a pretzel stick into the wider end of each cheese wedge. This will serve as the trunk of your cheese tree.
- Combine seasonings. Combine the Italian seasoning, chili flakes, and salt in a small bowl. Use a spoon to mix them well, ensuring an even distribution of flavors.
- Dredge in Seasoning. Roll each cheese wedge in the prepared seasoning mixture, ensuring the seasoning coats the entire cheese surface. Press the seasoning onto the cheese to help it adhere.
- Cut Star Shapes. Use a small star-shaped cookie cutter cuts stars from the cheddar cheese slices. Place these cheddar stars on each cheese wedge as festive tree toppers.
- Arrange and Serve. Once decorated, arrange the Christmas cheese trees on a serving platter. For a more festive presentation, you can add holiday-themed elements like rosemary sprigs or cranberries.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.