This easy keto cheeseburger soup is a hearty one pot meal made with lean ground beef, carrots, celery, and cheddar cheese. Plus, it’s extra rich and creamy, super comforting, and loaded with flavor.
This Keto Cheeseburger Soup is ready in less than 20 minutes and is loved by everyone. It’s always a hit in our hour, just like my most popular recipe Keto Zuppa Toscana.
And for a good reason!
Just think about it: a beefy and cheesy soup that is also low-carb and keto-friendly.
Learn how to make the best keto cheeseburger soup from scratch using just a few ingredients!
- Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- Is Cheeseburger Soup Keto Friendly?
- Keto Cheeseburger Soup Ingredients
- How To Make This Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Toppings for Cheeseburger Soup
- Tips For Making The Best Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Storing Ideas
- What Can I Serve With This Keto Cheeseburger Soup?
- Equipment Needed To Make This Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Keto Soup Recipes
- Keto Cheeseburger Soup
Why Are You Going To Love This Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- It’s super easy to make in just 20 minutes.
- A one-pot soup recipe that’s smooth, creamy, and velvety.
- Perfect for meal prep- you can make this soup ahead of time and serve it during a busy week.
- It’s a gluten-free, keto, and low-carb recipe.
Is Cheeseburger Soup Keto Friendly?
Any cheeseburger soup can be keto if you don’t use potatoes and regular flour to thicken the soup.
So, yes, this delicious cheeseburger soup is keto-friendly. All you have to do is pay attention to the ingredients. Then, you can serve it with keto bread, crispy bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Keto Cheeseburger Soup Ingredients
You will need only a few easy ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. To make this soup keto, we removed the potatoes, wheat flour, pasta, and other high ingredients from the original recipe to keep the carbs low but without sacrificing the taste.
Here is a note on the ingredients:
- Ground Beef – I like to prepare this cheeseburger soup with ground beef, but chicken or turkey meat can simply be used. Use 90% lean ground beef or drain the fat after browning.
- Onion – finely chopped.
- Garlic – just a few minced cloves for flavor.
- Carrots – it is recommended to grate the carrots to cook faster.
- Celery – The celery will give the soup a distinct flavor.
- Dried Herbs – I used parsley and basil, but you can also add your favorite ones.
- Butter – this one is used for sauteing vegetables and meat, but you can also use olive oil.
- Beef Broth – this ingredient is used for extra flavor. Chicken stock is also a great option.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use the best cheddar cheese and grate it yourself. It has a significant result on the flavor. Store-bought pre-shredded cheese includes starches that prevent it from melting quickly.
- Heavy Cream – this will help the soup to be creamier.
- Salt&Pepper – to taste.
How To Make This Keto Cheeseburger Soup
You will be surprised to see how easy it is to make the ultimate keto cheeseburger soup that’s insanely delicious.
- Prepare your vegetables. Start by washing your vegetables, then chop them.
- Cook the beef and vegetables. Add the butter to a pot over medium-high heat and brown the ground beef for 5-7 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery sticks, and garlic, and saute for 2 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Simmer. Now you can add the beef stock and the seasonings. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the cheddar cheese and heavy cream and cook until the cheddar cheese is completely melted.
- Top with cheddar cheese, and enjoy.
Toppings for Cheeseburger Soup
This keto cheeseburger soup is extremely delicious, especially if you add additional toppings. Here are our favorite ones:
- Shredded cheddar
- Crumbled Bacon
- Sour Cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Jalapeno Slices
- Dill pickles chunks
Tips For Making The Best Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- If you want a thicker soup, add more cream cheese or cook for another 5 minutes until the desired thickness is reached.
- Maybe you find it difficult to get the cheese to melt perfectly in your soup. So the secret is keeping the heat low and stirring everything in.
- The soup will be lighter if you use leaner beef. Remember to drain the meat after browning if you’re using high-fat meat.
- Fridge – This easy keto cheeseburger soup recipe can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer – You can also freeze low carb cheeseburger soup. However, you have to freeze each serving for up to six months in an airtight container.
- Reheat on the stove, constantly sitting until warm and creamy.
What Can I Serve With This Keto Cheeseburger Soup?
This Keto Cheeseburger Soup can be served simple as it is, or paired with keto bread or tortillas. Here are our favorite ones:
Equipment Needed To Make This Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Measuring Cups.
- A wooden spoon.
- A knife and cutting board.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Cheeseburger Soup?
Cheeseburger Soup is a low carb soup that’s made with ingredients such as ground beef, vegetables, broth, and cheese. This soup is cheesy, meaty, and wonderfully hearty.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely, this keto cheeseburger soup is perfect for keto meal planning! Make a double batch of this cheeseburger soup and divide it into individual servings to last a few days stored in the refrigerator.
How To Thicken The Soup Without Cornstarch Or Wheat Flour?
Cheddar cheese and heavy cream are the secret to a thicker soup without using wheat flour or cornstarch. So your soup thickens as you add the cheese, and you can control how much you add depending on how thick you want it to be. You can also use a touch of xanthan gum to make this soup even thicker.
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Super Creamy Garlic Shredded Chicken Keto Soup
- Easy Keto Vegetable Soup – Seriously Good Low Carb Soup
- Best Creamy Asparagus Soup
Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Place a large pot over medium heat and brown the ground beef. Drain any excess grease.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and add chopped onion, minced garlic, shredded carrots, and diced celery. Saute until tender for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the beef broth, tomato paste, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the shredded cheddar and heavy cream.
- Serve hot topped with crispy bacon bits.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: