These grilled chicken kabobs are delicious, colorful, and easy to make. The chicken is incredibly juicy, and the veggies are grilled to perfection. Enjoy a light and flavorful dinner that can also be made in the oven.
Chicken Skewers are a staple in our house during the summertime because who doesn’t love juicy chicken and crispy grilled vegetables? It’s one of the many easy dinner recipes that we’re whipping up, and everyone keeps asking for more.
This is a classic recipe, but there are so many variations. You can use turkey meat and your favorite vegetables and dried herbs. Just use the ingredients you have!
- Reasons This Is The Best Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- How to Make the Juiciest Chicken Kabobs?
- What Skewers to Use?
- How to Serve Grilled Chicken Kabobs?
- Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Easy and Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
Reasons This Is The Best Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Easy to make with just 10 minutes of prep.
- Super customizable
- Delicious chicken and crispy vegetables.
- Just 10 minutes to prep and 10-15 minutes to cook
- Healthy meal perfect for meal prep.
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Kabobs
The ingredients needed to make these grilled chicken skewers are staples in our kitchen, and I bet in yours too. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless chicken breast – I chose to use fresh chicken breast, but you can use frozen chicken breast. Just completely thaw it before using, and it will be fantastic. Turkey Breast or Chicken Thighs are also an excellent option for making these delicious chicken skewers.
- Olive oil & Vinnegar: I love to marinate the meat before grilling because it makes it so much tender and juicy. It also adds a slightly sweet and tangy taste that I love.
- Vegetables: I used a combo of my favorite low carb vegetables: red bell pepper, red onion, and zucchini.
- Seasonings: Here’s where you can get creative. I used paprika, garlic, powder, oregano, salt, and pepper – pretty basic. Feel free to swap any of these with your favorite herbs such as Italian Seasoning.
How to Make the Juiciest Chicken Kabobs?
It’s important to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but not for more than 3 hours. This recipe’s perfect for indoor or outdoor grilling. I even provide instructions on how to bake these in the oven.
- Chop the chicken and vegetables. Select your favorite veggies and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Do the same with the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken. Place all the chicken pieces into a large bowl, season, and toss well using your hands. Massaging the chicken really helps, and it’s easier to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers alternating the meat and the vegetables. Try not to crowd the chicken and vegetables together to make sure that the meat will evenly cook.
- Prepare the grill. Heat your grill to medium-high heat, and then place the chicken. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning them from time to time to evenly cook. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an inner temperature of 165F.
- Serve warm with a side salad or with creamy cauliflower mashed potatoes (my favorite!)
What Skewers to Use?
You can use reusable metal skewers or wooden skewers.
It’s essential to soak the wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes to keep them from burning or catching on fire.
If using metal skewers, be sure to handle them with tongs because they get extremely hot and you don’t want to get burned. Carefully remove them from the grill when they are done.
How to Serve Grilled Chicken Kabobs?
They are great on their own, but for a more filling meal I love to pair them with:
Other Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Easy Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Easy and Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Start by soaking the wooden skewers in cold water for at about 30 minutes.
- Chop the chicken breast and vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- To thread the kabobs: Thread a piece of chicken and then a piece of red onion, red bell pepper, zucchini onto the skewer. Repeat until you the skewer is full.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill the chicken skewers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve. Serve warm with your favorite side dish.
- To bake the chicken skewers: Preheat the oven to 450F/ 220C and bake for about 20-25 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: