This Italian Herb infused Keto Bread is absolutely delicious, holds together well, and it’s super easy to make. The flavor and texture make this bread a great complement for so many meals!
It’s perfect toasted and topped with butter, in sandwiches, or you can turn it into some divine croutons.
This savory keto bread has become my favorite over the last months. I made it for the first time for Thanksgiving, so I can use it to make the stuffing.
I have plenty of keto bread recipes on the blog that are also incredible, have no eggy taste, and are easy to make, such as my 90 seconds bread, keto cornbread that goes perfectly with low carb chili or my classic keto loaf of bread.
Sweet low carb bread is another passion of mine. I love baking gluten-free goodies, especially my keto blueberry bread (it got fantastic reviews, and it’s one of the most popular recipes on the blog.) You can also try my low marble cake, keto vanilla pound cake, and more.
Ingredients for Herb Keto Bread
This bread is unique because it’s loaded with Italian seasonings, cream cheese, and melted butter and has zero eggy taste.
Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of this page to get the full printable recipe.
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- protein isolate
- unsalted butter
- softened full-fat cream cheese
- large eggs, room temperature
- seasonings: thyme, parsley, rosemary
- baking powder
A note on the ingredients
The secret here is the combo of the flours that will give the perfect bread texture that’s so close to the real one.
We’ll use almond flour, coconut flour, and protein isolate. It’s essential to use them in this recipe and make no replacements. If you don’t have any of the ingredients, please check my other keto bread recipes.
Butter and Full-fat cream cheese are also important in this recipe since they contribute to the texture of the bread. Always choose the full-fat versions when baking keto bread.
For a paleo herb bread, you can substitute the butter to coconut oil and the cream cheese to full-fat canned coconut milk.
The spices I used are rosemary thyme and dried parsley because that’s what I had on hand. I tried making this bread with my homemade Italian seasoning, and it tastes even better the next day.
The eggs – I know that using eight eggs sounds like way too many eggs, and it’s impossible for this bread not to have an eggy taste. Well, let me tell you a secret: USE ROOM TEMPERATURE EGGS.
Make sure you let the eggs come to room temperature for about 10-15 minutes, and this will significantly diminish the eggy taste. Besides that, we’re using tons of spices that will cover that eggy taste completely.
You don’t have to belive me, just make this keto herb bread, and you’ll see what I am talking about.
How to Make The Best Low Carb Bread
Once you prep all your ingredients and make sure that the eggs, butter, and cream cheese are at room temperature, you have to follow just a few easy steps:
- Preheat the oven and grease an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Cream together the softened butter and cream cheese until smooth, using a hand mixer.
- Mix in your favorite herbs. You can use Italian Seasoning or a combo of oregano, rosemary, thyme, or parsley.
- Continue by adding one egg at a time.
- Incorporate the blanched almond flour, coconut flour, unflavored protein isolate into the egg mixture.
- Transfer the bread dough mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until it gets a nice golden-brown color. You know it’s ready when a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
Can I eat bread on keto?
As you know, being on keto means reducing the carbs intake by removing any wheat products. Since most classic loaves of bread are made from wheat, they are not ok to eat on keto – too many carbs.
This herb bread is perfect for eating on a keto diet because it’s super low carb and made only with keto-friendly ingredients.
Once slice of keto bread is only 2g net carbs vs. 16g carbs on a regular slice of bread.
Other Keto Bread Recipes
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
- The Easiest Keto Zucchini Bread – 3g Net Carbs
- Keto Flaxseed Bread – 1g Carb Gluten-Free Focaccia
- Easy Keto Tortilla – Low Carb Naan Bread
- Oopsie Bread
Italian Herb Keto Bread – No Eggy Taste Low Carb Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/ 180°C.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and 8 oz of cream cheese until it's a smooth consistency.
- Add the dried herbs to the mixture and mix it until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue mixing the batter until it's smooth.
- Incorporate the almond flour, coconut flour, unflavored protein isolate the egg mixture.
- Transfer the dough mixture into a greased 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until it gets a nice golden-brown color.
How do we calculate the nutrition info?
These nutrition facts listed are determined using nutrition information from the USDA Food Database. Our nutrition facts are accurate, but if you are using different products, please make your calculations. Net carb count is calculated by subtracting both fiber and sugar alcohols because they don’t raise blood sugar.
The full recipe is in the recipe card below. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: